Find this strange so thought I'd ask about it. I just got a new 9900 with AT&T today and in App World instead of the ATT section mine shows Verizon. Anyone know why? Will it really matter? Not a biggie,just curious and find it amusing.
    03-16-12 09:50 PM
    Have you deleted and reinstalled App World?
    03-16-12 09:51 PM
    Setup BB ID yet? I think once you do it will be corrected. Enjoy your Bold!
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    03-16-12 09:54 PM
    Yep, even had to upgrade to the newer app world and it even shows all my old apps in my world from my old phone so my ID is set up right. Very strange, I just assume it will correct itself at some point.
    03-16-12 09:58 PM
    Also I've never been on Verizon so that makes it even more strange, and I bought it new at the ATT store.
    03-16-12 09:59 PM
    Strange issue but Vz may show up in everyones app world regardless of carrier. I wouldn't expect it to change to your designated carrier either. Vz may have just got their foot in the door first. I wouldn't be concerned unless you start getting bills from vz too! Haha.
    Last edited by albee 1; 03-17-12 at 08:34 AM.
    03-17-12 08:30 AM
    Strange issue but Vz may show up in everyones app world regardless of carrier.
    If that were the case, we would have heard of this issue many times before now.

Mine shows up as Vodafone.
    03-17-12 08:43 AM
    I never had the OPs problem but I did have the proble where AppWorld showed all apps as "not available for this device". The OP could try resetting AppWorld, like I did to fix my problem. First open AppWorld, then hold down <alt> while typing rst. It'll takes several seconds but AppWorld will close. Then go to the directory device/home/user/appworld and delete everything including the sub directories. Restart the device, open AppWorld. At first, the app will be really slow as it downloads all the images. Not sure if that'll fix the problem but it's worth a shot. Also, if you are using a SD card from an older device, you can completely delete the AppWorld direcory on it as it's no longer used.
    03-17-12 11:03 AM
    If that were the case, we would have heard of this issue many times before now.
    Mine shows up as Vodafone.
    You answered my question Phil, I'm on Vz so I wouldn't know any different. Pretty odd that it is showing up that way for the Op. Maybe its a conspiracy! Haha!
    03-17-12 02:21 PM
    Hey starchit, that sequence is usually used for refreshing the app list in My World. I have never heard anyone mention this quirk in the past. Truly an annomally.
    03-17-12 02:23 PM
    Well this morning it showed ATT as it normally would for me on my older phones. Strange it ever showed Verizon at all especially since I've never had them! Maybe it's a sign lol.
    03-17-12 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD