This a warning to ShortcutMe 6 owners (those who bought ShortcutMe 6, or those who upgraded from ShortcutMe 5) !!

Few hours ago a new version (6.0.0.3 and 6.1.0.3) of ShortcutMe is released on App World.
    For some reason App World is asking for another upgrade fee when you get a notification about this new release.

Please do not upgrade from any version of ShortcutMe 6 to 6.0.0.3 or 6.1.0.3

If you already own ShortcutMe 6, we do not want you to pay for any upgrade for at least 1.5 years. If you are asked for an upgrade fee from any version of ShortcutMe 6, then you are facing a bug. Do not upgrade from ShortcutMe 6 to a newer one until App World fixes the problem.

I have contacted App world to fix the problem.

Use the link in post #3 below to upgrade to the latest version of ShortcutMe (newer and better version than the one App World offers for a fee)

EDIT: See post #3 below in this thread.

EDIT:Already paid for second upgrade? Send email to get refund
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-14-12 at 01:47 PM.
    bedetek and SCrid2000 like this.
    04-12-12 12:05 AM
    I purchased SCM 5 just over a week ago and activated it successfully. Then I saw the upgrade to SCM 6 and paid for that too... Now after the upgrade SCM 6 does not recognize my previous license and there is no license displayed in app world, like there was after buying SCM 5. I sent 2 emails to [email protected] but have not gotten any reply...

Help! I need to get SCM working again! In only a week of owning it I have become complete addicted to it!! How can I gets license number??
    Thanks
    04-12-12 12:32 AM
    This message is only for those who already have a valid license key for ShortcutMe 6 (those who bought ShortcutMe 6 or those who upgraded from ShortcutMe 5).

Because of this issue with app world, instead of using the 6.1.0.3 upgrade in App World (that wrongfully asks you for another upgrade fee), please use one of the below links to upgrade to the latest version of ShortcutMe 6.

Warning: Don't download from the links below if you don't have a valid license key for ShortcutMe 6.
    If you don't have a valid key and download this, then you will not be able to switch back to any ShortcutMe 5 version, even if you delete ShortcutMe 6!

- If you have a BlackBerry WITH touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 7.0 or newer (9380, 9790, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9900, 9930, 998x) download 6.1.0.6 from here

-If you have a BlackBerry WITHOUT touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 7.0 or newer (9350, 9360, 9370, and any other one without touch screen running BB OS 7 or newer) download 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a BlackBerry WITH touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 4.7 to 6.x (9800, 95xx) download ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a BlackBerry WITHOUT touchScreen, RUNNING BB OS 4.7 to 6.x (81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx running BB OS 4.7 upto OS 6.x) download ShortcutMe 6.1.0.6 from here

- If you have a Blackberry RUNNING BB OS 4.3 to 4.6 download ShortcutMe 6.0.0.6 from here
    edyputra likes this.
    04-12-12 01:27 AM
    Thanks for doing this, but i want to revert to 5, how do I do that?
    04-12-12 01:42 AM
    Thanks for doing this, but i want to revert to 5, how do I do that?
    I have already responded back to you in the ShortcutMe 6 thread. Please don't post in this thread so that users get the important message in this thread instead of getting overwhelmed in dozens of posts.

Thanks.
    04-12-12 07:34 AM
    Thank you very much. I had emailed your support group and did not hear back but you have restored my faith in your team. Thank you again for stepping up and doing the right thing. Now RIM has to figure out how to fix app world.
    Vijik likes this.
    04-12-12 02:48 PM
    @bedetek, I did address your issue in another thread and by email I think. So, I don't post the solution here, just to keep this thread clean for those who should see the warning. If you have any other concerns please send email to support at shortcutme dot com
    04-14-12 08:02 AM
    I assume most people have not paid for the second upgrade just 2 days after they paid for the first upgrade.

But if there is anyone who by mistake (or intentionally) have hit the wrong keys in App World and now ended up paying twice (each $1.99) for the upgrade to ShortcutMe 6 (second one being to upgrade to 6.1.0.3), please send an email (to support @ fonware dot ca ) with the following info to get a refund for the second , incorrectly charged fee:

- Paypal Email address

- The total amount you got charged for the second upgrade (including tax, etc) and the currency (US$, CAD, AUD, etc)

- Email address associated with your App World account

- (if possible) date for the first payment to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6

(I need Paypal account email address to refund your money, and I need your App World email address to find your sales records).

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    Unfortunately App World haven't responded (since many days ago) to my request of removing the second update or to fix he problem with 6.1.0.3
    App World portal (used by developers) doesn't allow me to remove 6.1.0.3 either.
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-14-12 at 01:48 PM.
    04-14-12 01:44 PM
    Hello All Shortcutme User,

I have encounter a problem with the developer and she/he is very disrespectful of customers concerns. It seems as though the developers at shortcutme is blaming everything that is fault against AppWorld. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!

I have contacted AppWorld and they have told me that the developer has to request the changes through the vendor. Apparently, the developers for Shortcutme has not done so and believe they have requested the upgrade twice for customers to pay twice.

I have emailed back and forth with the developer (shortcutme) about the full charge of $3.99 for the upgrade, that I have been receiving.

The developer literally said:

The upgrade fee is $1.99.
    Unless what you have said has not been true, App World wants to charge
    you $3.99.
    You might be in love with App World, but that doesn't mean that we are
    charging you $3.99

This was really disrespecting me as a customer. I have told the developer that I have purchased the latest version of version 5 and provided my license key also. The above statement is what I receive from the developer.

Please be aware of all the accusation they are putting forth against AppWorld. AppWorld allows and approved their application to be sold to Blackberry users.

Yes, the developer has developed some really good apps that I have also bought from them. However, after this incident, I will never buy their apps again. There are always better apps out there. I would spend my money on developers that appreciate their customers feed back.
    bharuch7282 likes this.
    04-18-12 02:36 AM
    WHY would he have made THIS SPECIFIC thread if he was just screwing people over? Hahah. That doesn't even make a shred of sense.

Cool story bro. Probably should have included reciepts. Also nobody respects feedback more than Fonware. If you're going to whine like a little girl at least get your facts in order.

Strange that a dev would post exact instructions to solve a problem, and then tell users "too bad" lol. Just doesn't make sense.

Sounds to me like you emailed with no proof you paid twice, then came crying here.

Vijik's proven time and time again he's all about pleasing customers.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 04-18-12 at 02:57 AM.
    04-18-12 02:48 AM
    Good guess Juggalo20.

Let me say the whole story:
    I have had a very difficult week with this issue on App World. I had to answer tons of angry hateful emails and it is simply not fun.
    I sent several emails to App World asking them, no, begging them, to remove those paid upgrades or fix them. Anyone who knows App World support should know that things takes time before they get back to you and before they help you. (I also want to see the emails whataday sent back and forth to App World in one day)

At last, on Monday, after I contacted anyone I knew, and after resending the unanswered emails several times, App World fixed the issue by disallowing those upgrades (6.1.0.3 and 6.0.0.3).

Now let's see how this lady communicated with us:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    whataday Email (starting the conversation with Fonware like this): This is such a rip off!! (RESPECT ?)
    Fonware Answer #1: Dear Elizabeth, ... (DISRESPECT?)

whataday email: I truely believe the next upgrade will be a charge of 0.99! ..... Don't blame App World. (Doesn't matter how many times you tell this lady that it is an issue with App World and no one should pay a second upgrade, she still wanted to TELL me that Fonware is going to charge in future for upgrades)

Fonware Answer (right before she send her RESPECTFUL email below): The upgrade fee for $1.99 is for those who want to upgrade and use the new features.

You don't need to. And I think you should never upgrade.
    Version 5 is a product developed over 3 years with more than 50 free upgrades.
    You don't need to upgrade. Let App World request whatever it wants.
    Don't fall for that.

whataday Email:

Do not DISRESPECT me!! you have no place in the world to disrespect me. I have never done so to you. I will mention and post this on crackberry that this has occurred!! You have no right to say all those words to me!! When we use words, it is to allow each of us to understand each other what we are trying to convey. I do not appreciate your attitude towards me. I have bought three of your apps and I have never felt ill with any company before.

I wish you go bankrupt and hope everyone will know what kind of company you truly are. Dis respecting your customers.

Like you just mentioned, your company is charging an upgrade fee and not App World. App World help your company come alive and approve your apps to be sold to Blackberry customers!

I really hope all the terrible things happen to your company and go downhill and go bankrupt!
    (RESPECT ?)

Fownare Answer: What word did I say to you? (DISRESPECT ?)

whataday didn't respond again.
    ------------------------------

Later on today, I will copy and paste her email conversation with us here so everyone knows what we dealing with (First I need to remove her email address and personal info from those email trails)
    04-18-12 05:58 AM
    Good guess Juggalo20.

Let me say the whole story:
    I have had a very difficult week with this issue on App World. I had to answer tons of angry hateful emails and it is simply not fun.
    I sent several emails to App World asking them, no, begging them, to remove those paid upgrades or fix them. Anyone who knows App World support should know that things takes time before they get back to you and before they help you. (I also want to see the emails whataday sent back and forth to App World in one day)

At last, on Monday, after I contacted anyone I knew, and after resending the unanswered emails several times, App World fixed the issue by disallowing those upgrades (6.1.0.3 and 6.0.0.3).

Now let's see how this lady communicated with us:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    whataday Email (starting the conversation with Fonware like this): This is such a rip off!! (RESPECT ?)
    Fonware Answer #1: Dear Elizabeth, ... (DISRESPECT?)

whataday email: I truely believe the next upgrade will be a charge of 0.99! ..... Don't blame App World. (Doesn't matter how many times you tell this lady that it is an issue with App World and no one should pay a second upgrade, she still wanted to TELL me that Fonware is going to charge in future for upgrades)

Fonware Answer (right before she send her RESPECTFUL email below): The upgrade fee for $1.99 is for those who want to upgrade and use the new features.

You don't need to. And I think you should never upgrade.
    Version 5 is a product developed over 3 years with more than 50 free upgrades.
    You don't need to upgrade. Let App World request whatever it wants.
    Don't fall for that.

whataday Email:

Do not DISRESPECT me!! you have no place in the world to disrespect me. I have never done so to you. I will mention and post this on crackberry that this has occurred!! You have no right to say all those words to me!! When we use words, it is to allow each of us to understand each other what we are trying to convey. I do not appreciate your attitude towards me. I have bought three of your apps and I have never felt ill with any company before.

I wish you go bankrupt and hope everyone will know what kind of company you truly are. Dis respecting your customers.

Like you just mentioned, your company is charging an upgrade fee and not App World. App World help your company come alive and approve your apps to be sold to Blackberry customers!

I really hope all the terrible things happen to your company and go downhill and go bankrupt!
    (RESPECT ?)

Fownare Answer: What word did I say to you? (DISRESPECT ?)

whataday didn't respond again.
    ------------------------------

Later on today, I will copy and paste her email conversation with us here so everyone knows what we dealing with (First I need to remove her email address and personal info from those email trails)
    Hah. Sounds about right, a cheapskate who's upset they can't get everything in the world for $1 and throwing a tantrum like a little kid over it. What's really sad, is it's not even a forced upgrade. Don't wanna pay it? Don't pay it. It's people like that who ruin society.
    04-18-12 06:07 AM
    i have version 5 and want to upgrade to version 6 how do i do it ?? i even emailed to support team but no reply very disappointing
    Last edited by bharuch7282; 05-19-12 at 10:09 AM.
    05-18-12 09:59 PM
    I purchased the latest ShortcutMe Version:5.9.6.0_OS7_T just before the release of Version 6.
    Do I have to pay $3.99 to purchase Version 6 or actually upgrade to Version 6
    in App World?
    05-21-12 09:57 AM
    I purchased the latest ShortcutMe Version:5.9.6.0_OS7_T just before the release of Version 6.
    Do I have to pay $3.99 to purchase Version 6 or actually upgrade to Version 6
    in App World?
    RIM doesn't allow coupon codes in App World, so I can't see there being anything Fonware can do for you to be honest. It really is a shame RIM doesn't allow coupons for these kinda situations.
    05-21-12 10:04 AM
    I have a dumb question and i am sorry i know its a dumb question but i am goong to ask it anyway

i have version 5 and want version 6. Is there a fee or rather is app world correct in charging me a fee to upgrade from 5 to 6?

I dont care 1.99 or 3.99. i just want to know yes or no is there a fee to go from version 5 to version 6?
    05-23-12 12:53 PM
    I have a dumb question and i am sorry i know its a dumb question but i am goong to ask it anyway

i have version 5 and want version 6. Is there a fee or rather is app world correct in charging me a fee to upgrade from 5 to 6?

I dont care 1.99 or 3.99. i just want to know yes or no is there a fee to go from version 5 to version 6?
    There is an upgrade fee for going from version 5 to version 6.

The problem for this thread is that owners of version 6 were getting charged for minor updates :<
    05-23-12 01:04 PM
    There is an upgrade fee for going from version 5 to version 6.

The problem for this thread is that owners of version 6 were getting charged for minor updates :<
    Thank you

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-12 07:44 PM
    Sorry for reposting: I bought SCM a few days before the new version came out. And I have 5.9.6.0_OS7_T. App World is giving trouble still - so how do I upgrade? Because in the first post, there's a reference to SCM v6 but not for upgrading from v5.
    05-25-12 05:13 AM
    My BB 9780 dies, I spent ages reinstalling all the apps. I saw this warning message and reinstalled ShortCutMe 6 by the link provided here. I recall upgrading SHM last year about this time, but frankly I have no clue which version it was I was using. Anyway, I did not read the warning about the problems with upgrading if your license was only for SHM 5. Apparently my license was for SHM 5 because the license is not recognized by SHM 6. The whole thing is extremely frustrating and I'd happily pay the $399 AGAIN (I've paid for the app 2x already, because my last BB also had endless problems reinstalling the app and App World was useless, though Fone Ware did all they could to help I just paid for the app again to end the pain).

Anyway, it would be great to have RIGHT HERE how to solve this problem. I see others have asked it as well.
    06-14-12 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD