I got the notification to download the new app world 2.0, i tried to upgrade it didn't work and now app world has disappeared and when i go to the website to download it i click on download app world and it just bring up the same page over and over again its starting to get really annoying, and i was looking forward to checking out app world 2 can someone please helo
    Last edited by BenjyC; 08-20-10 at 09:22 AM.
    08-20-10 08:56 AM
    have you tried doing a batt pull?
    08-20-10 09:31 AM
    yea that was the first thing i did i also tried downloading it to my desktop but because i have a mac that wasn't to helpful either, does anyone know why the ota link for app world doesn't wanna work
    Last edited by BenjyC; 08-20-10 at 09:54 AM.
    08-20-10 09:40 AM
    i have tried the OTA and the IE activeX install. same thing. its gone and doesnt want to install now. lol....
    08-20-10 10:19 AM
    i have tried the OTA and the IE activeX install. same thing. its gone and doesnt want to install now. lol....
    its starting to really annoy me now i need app world i just got my storm and i was just in the process of getting loads of new apps
    08-20-10 10:24 AM
    its starting to really annoy me now i need app world i just got my storm and i was just in the process of getting loads of new apps
    I just got an email notice to upgrade OTA. I clicked, signed in and it downloaded 2.0.0.36, said it had to reboot, and mine works great...MUCH faster than the last version.
    08-20-10 11:58 AM
    My download worked too. I created my Blackberry ID, logged in... all worked fine. But when I tried to refresh to bring up all the apps i have purchased, I keep getting an error saying that Appworld cant connect to the server. Laim! I am obviously connected because i can download apps from Appworld fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    08-20-10 12:09 PM
    im still without any app world at all im sure the ota link will be fixed soon it could possibly be something to do with being in the uk i dunno
    08-20-10 12:15 PM
    My download worked too. I created my Blackberry ID, logged in... all worked fine. But when I tried to refresh to bring up all the apps i have purchased, I keep getting an error saying that Appworld cant connect to the server. Laim! I am obviously connected because i can download apps from Appworld fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    I signed on again, clicked on "My World," had me sign-in and it displayed my apps OK??? Mine seems to be functioning properly.
    08-20-10 12:22 PM
    does anyone know where i can download 1.1 version from ota
    08-20-10 12:49 PM
    I am also running into a problem with the new version of AppWorld. Nothing happens when I try to open the application with the exception that it freezes my phone after trying to open it. I have to either do a battery pull or call my phone from another phone to free it. Any ideas?? Thanks
    08-20-10 01:42 PM
    does anyone know where i can download 1.1 version from ota
    I'm sure I have the cod layin around somewhere... how can I get that to you?
    08-20-10 01:44 PM
    I'm sure I have the cod layin around somewhere... how can I get that to you?
    i sent you a pm thanks bro
    08-20-10 01:51 PM
    I had troubles with it myself so I went on the appworld website on my laptop and selected download from ur desktop computer plugged in ma storm and it installed 2.0 no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 03:15 PM
    Your BlackBerry is rejecting crAppworld.

The BlackBerry Storm 2 is proving it is truly a "smart" phone by refusing to install this garbage.

Seriously, Appworld is the worst way to buy apps. They're far behind in getting updates and their customer service is abysmal.

CheetahAce, the developer of Quicklaunch, has posted extensively about the problems with Appworld.

Go to Mobihand instead. It's far less of a hassle, and if you do run into a technical problem, they fix it a lot faster. There's also an app you can install for quick access from your phone.

Mobihand also gives you discount coupon codes when you buy something, which can be used against your next purchase.

(The Crackberry App Store is just Mobihand with a different front end that gives the site a kickback on your purchases.)
    08-20-10 04:58 PM
    for all the people that cant download put this link into ur bb browser Download BlackBerry App World it works
    08-20-10 07:51 PM
    The BlackBerry Storm 2 is proving it is truly a "smart" phone by refusing to install this garbage.

Seriously, Appworld is the worst way to buy apps. They're far behind in getting updates and their customer service is abysmal.

CheetahAce, the developer of Quicklaunch, has posted extensively about the problems with Appworld.

Go to Mobihand instead. It's far less of a hassle, and if you do run into a technical problem, they fix it a lot faster. There's also an app you can install for quick access from your phone.

Mobihand also gives you discount coupon codes when you buy something, which can be used against your next purchase.

(The Crackberry App Store is just Mobihand with a different front end that gives the site a kickback on your purchases.)
    Mobihand has its share of problems too. For instance, if you get a new device you have to request a pin change before any of your apps will work. Sometimes this process takes several days. Also, I can't download any apps through the mobihand appstore for the past month or so. It tells me that the link has expired and to please log into my account. I can still log in vua bb browser and download the apps... But I'm just sayin.

I have spent the last few days (over 2 hours) on the phone with blackberry technical support tryung to figure out why none of my previously purchased apps are showing up in myworld. So far the problem looks to be that my email address to log into paypal is more than 25 characters long and they are working on a resolution

09-03-10 08:44 AM
    Only big problem I know of on CB/MH is that if I post a paid update to an app, everyone either has to pay for the update or else can't download the version they already paid for.

Best thing about CB/MH is that developers can respond quickly. Users post in the forum requesting an app, a developer with nothing else to do can have it written and published in a couple of days, versus at least a month for App World.

Also, we can change a price and not have the system go haywire for 3 days...
    09-03-10 06:47 PM
    Is anyone else having carrier billing issues in app world?
    09-03-10 07:26 PM
    Is anyone else having carrier billing issues in app world?
    Who's your carrier, and what is your issue? I'm in the US on Verizon where carrier billing isn't even an option.

09-04-10 12:02 AM
    I can't even download a trial much less buy an app, even if I sent cash by Pony Express.
    09-04-10 02:20 AM
    Who's your carrier, and what is your issue? I'm in the US on Verizon where carrier billing isn't even an option.

-His profile says his carrier is AT&T.
    -His issue is that he probably cannot complete his attempted purchases.
    -His profile also states he is in the US (New Jersey).
    -Carrier billing is not an option on Verizon. I believe AT&T is the only carrier in the US that has started carrier billing with the Torch release.
    09-04-10 03:03 AM
    I can't even download a trial much less buy an app, even if I sent cash by Pony Express.
    Some of the funniest stuff I've read in a bit...
    He cannot even access his own apps, and they tell him to contact the developer. lmao!
    09-04-10 03:06 AM
    ATT. When I try to purchase an app through the carrier billing option an error comes back that says there was an issue reading the app world server and app shuts down completely.

09-04-10 10:49 AM
    -His profile says his carrier is AT&T.
    -His issue is that he probably cannot complete his attempted purchases.
    -His profile also states he is in the US (New Jersey).
    -Carrier billing is not an option on Verizon. I believe AT&T is the only carrier in the US that has started carrier billing with the Torch release.
    Can't see all the profile stuff when viewing the forums in the Storm WAP view on my phone...

Rizzo- your probably going to have to email blackberry customer support ([email protected]) to get a ticket number, then spend countless hours on the phone with them before they tell you they don't know how to fix it... Just curious, when you choose carrier billing, does appworld ask you to sign in with your carrier info? If so, is your login name for your carrier longer than 25 characters?

09-06-10 11:13 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD