Even though the Curve 8330 is "old", will the BB App World be avaliable for the Curve??

Also, OS 5.0...is anyone sure that it will be released for the Curve 8330 or is it going to be for new devices only?
    03-29-09 11:25 PM
    yes, of course appworld will be available for the curve, and we shall see about any new os's.. it will be at cb as soon as it comes out though!!!
    03-29-09 11:28 PM
    I figured App World would be coming to the Curve but I wasnt sure! Thanks for the quick reply!
    03-29-09 11:29 PM
    sure! i would venture to guess though that 5.0 will be the next step up
    03-29-09 11:31 PM
    sorry to be off topic but what is app world? lol
    03-29-09 11:34 PM
    its going to be a store that blackberry is opening kinda like what the iphone has for apps..
    03-29-09 11:38 PM
    oo...that sounds cool, thanks for the answer lol
    03-29-09 11:46 PM
    yeah, its sounds very cool!! the best thing about it is that anyone can make apps and submit them to appworld.. they are calling all developers! should make for some interesting ideas for apps
    03-29-09 11:50 PM
    O wow that sounds good. Maybe blackberry will beat the iphone in apps. Because I have a blackberry but you can't deny the fact that the iphone has tons of apps, some are cool and usefull and then others are just dumb and you wonder why there is such a app.
    03-29-09 11:52 PM
    case in point: fart app
    03-29-09 11:58 PM
    OS 5.0 will be for a lot of device, including the 8xxx series. I believe the latest is 5.0.0.53.
    03-30-09 12:02 AM
    cant wait till april 1st
    03-30-09 12:08 AM
    April 1 has been an idea that was "leaked" Supposedly 5.0 should be the OS for the Curve (as well as every other active BB) and for the computer download software (what's the right term, uploader?) I hope to you-know-who that Apr 1 is the date. And I hope that they can compete readily with iPhones app store. I love my BB, i would choose it over an iPhone 8 days a week. But you have to admit that the iPhone app store walks circles around the apps available for the BB. More exist (though most are for play and not productivity) and they are in 1 place, rather than being spread out over the WORLD wide web.

But honestly, 1 disadvantage of the iPhone app store is that every app has to go through the app store. I'll pull out Wobble as a good AND bad example. It's a program designed to jiggle, umm... female parts. Good thing is that they edited the program to be allowed in the app store. Bad thing is that they had to edit their program down to get into the app store.

I want my blackberry to be a PS3, not a Nintendo. I don't need 'mother app store' making sure that I only get things "family safe" I'm my own adult.
    03-30-09 12:37 AM
    April 1 has been an idea that was "leaked" Supposedly 5.0 should be the OS for the Curve (as well as every other active BB) and for the computer download software (what's the right term, uploader?) I hope to you-know-who that Apr 1 is the date. And I hope that they can compete readily with iPhones app store. I love my BB, i would choose it over an iPhone 8 days a week. But you have to admit that the iPhone app store walks circles around the apps available for the BB. More exist (though most are for play and not productivity) and they are in 1 place, rather than being spread out over the WORLD wide web.

But honestly, 1 disadvantage of the iPhone app store is that every app has to go through the app store. I'll pull out Wobble as a good AND bad example. It's a program designed to jiggle, umm... female parts. Good thing is that they edited the program to be allowed in the app store. Bad thing is that they had to edit their program down to get into the app store.

I want my blackberry to be a PS3, not a Nintendo. I don't need 'mother app store' making sure that I only get things "family safe" I'm my own adult.
    Totally agreed!
    03-30-09 12:48 AM
    OS 5.0 will be for a lot of device, including the 8xxx series. I believe the latest is 5.0.0.53.
    Is that OS available now for the curve now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 04:14 AM
    april 1st is also april fool's day

don't expect much

Is that OS available now for the curve now?

5.0 isn't out or even leaked.
    03-30-09 05:54 AM
    OS 5 will put all devices on the same platform. Get's rid of 4.6 for Bold, etc. and 4.7 for Storm.
    03-30-09 07:38 AM
    rumor is 5.0 will be the next OS for our devices
    03-30-09 11:54 AM
    OS 5 will put all devices on the same platform. Get's rid of 4.6 for Bold, etc. and 4.7 for Storm.
    Yeah the only difference would be the .xx number. Some are already .20, .30 builds ahead of others.
    03-30-09 12:32 PM
    Are there any leaked images or anything concrete on this yet?

03-30-09 12:37 PM
    03-30-09 12:41 PM
    03-30-09 12:53 PM
    is it bad of me that i DONT believe everything i read on bgr? that guy is full of bs sometimes
    03-30-09 12:57 PM
    You are very baaaaaaaaad!

I expect 5.0 to be very different from what has been leaked so far.
    03-30-09 01:08 PM
    is it bad of me that i DONT believe everything i read on bgr? that guy is full of bs sometimes
    Actually I got that pic from CB, which got it from BGR. But sometimes BGR is right on some things, but most of the time, like you said full of bs.
    03-30-09 01:45 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD