So i go on app world and enter my email for an app. Then i check it on my phone and go to the link and then select open in bb app world. When I had app world installed on my phone, it freezed my phone up and had to do a battery pull. So i tried to delete app world from my phone and download the app again. I go to select open in bb app world and i get a msg saying that i need to save the file, so i select a place to save it to. I have tried saving to mem card as well as on device mem...nothing happens. I know it has installed, but cannot open it from either place that i have installed it to....frustrating, any ideas?

thanks

sorry wrong forum...mods please move.
    08-27-09 01:27 PM
    Moved to 3rd Party Apps
    08-27-09 11:13 PM
    Have you set up account with app world online first?
    I have on the blackberry site in general. Do not see one for appworld itslef. Plus I use to have appworld on my phone, if that matters.
    08-28-09 11:10 AM
    I have on the blackberry site in general. Do not see one for appworld itslef. Plus I use to have appworld on my phone, if that matters.
    The App World account is setup though Pay Pal. If you go on the Online Site, make a transaction there, you will need to go to App World on your phone then login to your Pay Pal account there.
    08-28-09 11:17 AM
    Even if you are getting a free app? What is the point of putting your email address and them sending you a txt with a link to the app to download. Dosen't make sense to me.

I do not have a paypal acct. So if i am trying to get a free app, i will need to set-up a paypal acct.?
    08-28-09 11:24 AM
    The point of getting a link to download the app makes perfect sense. Makes it easier to buy apps if you like to browse the store online like I do.

As for free app's you do not need a paypal account or to even register with AppWorld. Just install AppWorld and go to free apps download and install.
    08-28-09 04:38 PM
    The point of getting a link to download the app makes perfect sense. Makes it easier to buy apps if you like to browse the store online like I do.

As for free app's you do not need a paypal account or to even register with AppWorld. Just install AppWorld and go to free apps download and install.
    I understand that part of it and i agree with you spock, but this is the orginal problem that I am having with the online app world:

So i go on app world and enter my email for an app. Then i check it on my phone and go to the link and then select open in bb app world. When I had app world installed on my phone, it freezed my phone up and had to do a battery pull. So i tried to delete app world from my phone and download the app again. I go to select open in bb app world and i get a msg saying that i need to save the file, so i select a place to save it to. I have tried saving to mem card as well as on device mem...nothing happens. I know it has installed, but cannot open it from either place that i have installed it to....frustrating, any ideas?

I would luv to get rid of app world on my phone to free up memory and just download them straight from the new website.
    08-28-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD