Did anybody else get some type of an update notification on app world. Whatever it is I can not get it to go away. I went to my world and there is no updates. Anybody know what this is?
    08-07-09 10:28 AM
    Did anybody else get some type of an update notification on app world. Whatever it is I can not get it to go away. I went to my world and there is no updates. Anybody know what this is?
    You mean Blackberry App World or that lame lil "Application Center" that comes installed on the phone???

If its the latter of the two, I'd delete that program. It's highly unnecessary in my opinion.
    08-07-09 10:33 AM
    You mean Blackberry App World or that lame lil "Application Center" that comes installed on the phone???

If its the latter of the two, I'd delete that program. It's highly unnecessary in my opinion.
    No Actual App world.
    08-07-09 10:38 AM
    Which version of app world do you have? Is it 1.1.0.11? This is the version that came out about 2 weeks ago. Go to this link and send urself an email to download it:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    08-07-09 10:45 AM
    yep 1.1.0.11
    08-07-09 10:46 AM
    yep 1.1.0.11
    Just uninstall the App World on your phone, do a bat pull, then download and install the program. That should take care of the problem.
    08-07-09 10:51 AM
    yep 1.1.0.11
    If this fails, just do a battery pull and see if that works. But go App World, go to ur Top Free Apps, then click on Blackberry App World and download whats there, even if its replacing the version you already have.
    08-07-09 10:53 AM
    I'm an *****. In my messages it said I had an update for Bloomberg Mobile. Prob shoulda checked that first, never had one of those icons before.
    08-07-09 11:09 AM
    I'm an *****. In my messages it said I had an update for Bloomberg Mobile. Prob shoulda checked that first, never had one of those icons before.
    lol. no biggie.
    08-07-09 11:10 AM

How did you delete the Application Center?
    08-08-09 10:08 PM
    Re: "Version 1.1.0.11? This is the version that came out about 2 weeks ago...."

Wasn't another version of Blackberry App World released as of Friday, August 7? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
    08-09-09 05:52 AM
    Yes, .15 was just released...
    08-09-09 05:54 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation!
    08-09-09 05:56 AM
    That's interesting. I've never received any notification to upgrade AppWorld. The app is supposed to check for upgrade and notify.

Mine is still on 1.0.0.29. But it is working fine for me.
    08-09-09 08:49 AM
    That's interesting. I've never received any notification to upgrade AppWorld. The app is supposed to check for upgrade and notify.

Mine is still on 1.0.0.29. But it is working fine for me.
    that is y...

the new updates (1.1) hav the notification icons n stuff
    08-09-09 10:07 AM
    How did you delete the Application Center?
    Through Desktop Manager
    08-09-09 10:12 AM
    This is how it happened to me.

Saturday evening I got an "App World" notification on my home screen. Being a crackberry.com reader I knew that a new version of App World had been released on Friday so I was waiting on this notification (didn't care enough to download it manually).

I launch App World and it says a new version is available and I install the new version and *reboot* as required. The problem: Upon reboot the App World notification is still at the top of my screen. When I go to the "My World" section of App World there is nothing showing as "update available".

Doing a bat pull fixed it. Must be RIMS new reminder to do a daily battery pull.
    08-09-09 10:33 AM
    im still lost about this icon, where is the messages and how do I get to them so I can update them...
    08-09-09 12:50 PM
    im still lost about this icon, where is the messages and how do I get to them so I can update them...
    You don't need any icon. Just go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download and email yourself the download link.

I just upgraded my AppWorld this way. However, I cannot see any difference.
    08-10-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD