Hey guys.. just downloaded app world heres the error I get:

"Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"

obviously i have data plan... been using broswer.. bbm.. facebook with no problems..

Also i cant seem to connect to my rogers email account either says "Your device had a problem connecting to the server."

does anyone know whats going? :|
    03-31-09 11:55 PM
    oo and i did do battery pull a few times :|

still nothing.. running .109 on Storm 9500 on Rogers Network in Canada...
    03-31-09 11:58 PM
    USA and UK I thought the terms said....

I was wrong

BlackBerry App World is only available to customers in US, Canada and UK and may not be available on all networks
    03-31-09 11:58 PM
    It sounds like it may be a carrier issue. Since you can't access your email either maybe your carrier's internet service is temporarily down. If you can't access the web at all then it is either carrier related, device issues, or an error with your bill. Give it a bit and try it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 11:59 PM
    nope. everything else works.. can browse websites go on facebook send bb pin's etc...

JUST those two things dont work...

It says app world is available in canada so..
    04-01-09 12:03 AM
    That is weird! What happens if you uninstall the App World app and reinstall?

04-01-09 12:13 AM
    did that too. no luck
    04-01-09 12:17 AM
    Can you access your email when the app is uninstalled?

If so, App World may just have a glitch.

04-01-09 12:19 AM
    Resend your service books and update your host routing table. Works for me.
    04-01-09 12:22 AM
    ahh.

never done it before... how am I suppose to do that?

thx mate.
    04-01-09 12:40 AM
    Options -> Advanced -> Host Routing Table
    Blackberry button -> Register Now

Options -> Advanced -> Service Book
    Pick the one thats giving you grief, probably Provisioning (OTASL), blackberry button, delete, ok, blackberry button, undelete.
    04-01-09 12:45 AM
    Options/Advanced options/Service books and host routing table.

04-01-09 12:46 AM
    wow.

worked like a charm! thanks guys for all the help!
    04-01-09 12:53 AM
    Yay, glad to hear it worked for you!
    04-01-09 12:55 AM
    not working here. running official verizon OS .75. Did all the suggested ideas, and nothing Says it cannot access the server
    04-01-09 01:17 AM
    Like I said in your other post - its probably just overloaded. From what you said the error code said, its WORKING but can't read data from the server. So I think you're ok other than just try try again until it works.
    04-01-09 01:19 AM
    App not working for me.

Error message saying FAIL TO TRANSMIT
    04-01-09 01:46 AM
    Running .199 on an 8900 on TMO and receiving an error that App World is having trouble connecting to BB App World server. Wonder if my BES IT Policy is stopping me? Tried on WiFi and EDGE - same result
    04-01-09 01:48 AM
    I also have ""Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"

However, my email and browsing does work, I've re-send my service books and provisioning service as described earlier in this thread. Done battery pulls at various stages, removed and re-installed the App store, checked it's permissions and still get the above error.

Running .113 on Vodafone UK

Any ideas welcome.
    Thanks.
    04-01-09 02:23 AM
    Exactly the same problem here also running .113 on Vodafone UK

I also have ""Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details"
    04-01-09 03:08 AM
    Voda UK staff getting the same message!!!

Appworld - Vodafone eForum
    Last edited by Maskerade; 04-01-09 at 03:34 AM.
    04-01-09 03:27 AM
    I am getting the same message on T-Mobile UK.

I am guessing all UK networks are affected?

BTW on an 8310 not storm .. sneaked in here as I found the thread whilst looking for an answer to the problem
    Last edited by Nomek; 04-01-09 at 03:45 AM.
    04-01-09 03:41 AM

However, my email and browsing does work, I've re-send my service books and provisioning service as described earlier in this thread. Done battery pulls at various stages, removed and re-installed the App store, checked it's permissions and still get the above error.

Running .113 on Vodafone UK

Any ideas welcome.
    Thanks.
    Im having the same problem... uk vodafone v4.7.0.78 - platform 4.0.0.98
    04-01-09 03:43 AM
    Well from the Vodafone thread I linked too above, Vodafone Forum Mod didn't know it was being released and asked for a link
    Then he finds it himself before anyone tells him
    Then he realises it doesn't work in his phone
    Then he locks the thread!!

Looks like Vodafone wasn't prepared for this, perhaps they should speak to RIM, do you think?
    04-01-09 03:46 AM
    It has "aggravated" me a little, i won't call them just yet as i imagine they are getting bombarded with calls about it. I'll wait and see how what happens though out today and tomorrow.
    04-01-09 03:51 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD