I usually refresh my App World every morning to check for updated apps. I go to My World and type in rst. Then I reopen App World and my apps are all refreshed within a minute or two.....until this morning. Keep getting the error "An error occurred while updating your application list".

Anybody else experiencing this or have a solution/fix for me?
    11-14-12 11:45 AM
    Yes! Still hasn't been resolved!
    11-14-12 11:57 PM
    Yes! Still hasn't been resolved!
    I'm beginning to feel like it's just us! We are the only two people on the planet swimming around in the pit of App World Non-Refresh H*ll! Aaaaarrrrghhh!!
    11-15-12 04:08 AM
    I just went and tested mine and it refreshes just fine. I use the menu key & select Refresh from the list. I do know I got a request to update BBID software on my 9930 a few days ago & I downloaded & did a reboot. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Sorry you're struggling.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-15-12 10:26 AM
    Try doing a manual refresh, i.e. Alt-RST. What happens then?

You guys are on two separate carriers (albeit both CDMA, but that's most likely inconsequential) and on two different ends of the country. So I guess we can rule out carrier or geographic area outage.
    11-15-12 10:59 AM
    I tried doing the "alt rst" method. It still came up with the error message and now it doesn't show all the apps I use on the list..
    11-16-12 01:46 AM
    @jamesharmeling Have you been able to refresh your apps yet?..
    11-17-12 11:23 AM
    Have you guys tried uninstalling and then re-installing App World? Maybe this will force the BBID update through (if that indeed is the issue...)
    11-17-12 02:19 PM
    Have you guys tried uninstalling and then re-installing App World? Maybe this will force the BBID update through (if that indeed is the issue...)
    Yes we tried uninstalling and then reinstalling App World but it still comes up with the same issue. I actually just installed an updated OS and it still didn't work. Also when I reinstalled App World, it updated BBID and still has the error come up after all that. It seems to only be happening with 9930s.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-17-12 02:35 PM
    I am also having the same issue, unable to refresh "My World." Since Wednesday (it's Sunday now). I am using 7.1.0.746, BB App World 4.0.0.63. I tried it on a fresh OS install (security wipe, device wipe with BBSAK, fresh install of OS with BB Desktop Software), and ONLY installed app world, and it wouldn't work. I rewiped/installed the OS and tried it again, only this time I installed BBM 7 first (which pushes through a BBID software upgrade), and then BB App World 4.0.0.63, and it still doesn't work.

I've tried a few other things to trouble shoot:

1. Search in app world for a free app that I had previously installed. It re-installs without a hitch.
    2. Search in app world for a paid app that I had previously installed. It either
    a) re-installs without a hitch (but won't give me an unlock code popup)
    b) gives me an "Incorrect price (Error code: 35005)" error popup
    3. Search in app world for a paid app that I had not previously installed. It allows me to get as far as the "click here to buy" screen where you select payment method (but I didn't continue because I didn't want to buy another app).

What I haven't tried yet, is to install apps via USB and BlackBerry App World plugin. I am able to login with BBID to Beta Zone, and into App World. I am able to see "My world" in the website version of App World, and it shows all my apps. Tomorrow I'll try installing via USB and the App World plugin. If it works, then great, it's a workaround, but it really is a pain that App World on my BlackBerry 9900 is busted.
    11-18-12 11:53 PM
    Happened to me also on last App World update. My World on phone did same thing. On line messed up as well showing had lots of uninstalled apps and only a few installed. Used menu key to refresh each installed and uninstalled on phone. Looks ok now. Good luck.
    11-19-12 10:11 AM
    Got a request to again update BB Id lastnight but after restart still same result no refresh on "my world" am still get communication error has anybody found a solution, I redownloaded my apps both free and paid but those also show nothing???
    11-21-12 08:41 AM
    If this problem is still ongoing, I'd escalate it to the carrier, and have them open up a trouble ticket with RIM.
    11-21-12 11:37 AM
    I have a trouble ticket ongoing with RIM right now. If you are having this issue, please PM me your BBID if you want, and I'll send that on to the RIM technician who is working on it. The more broken accounts she can look at the better as she tries to figure out what is going on.
    11-21-12 01:49 PM
    im in too... this happend to me since last week, i have a 9790 with 7.1.0.746, try reinstall app world, reinstall OS, but as soon, as i login into my bbid i get tha error, try to install every from my computer but nothing :/...

I have a trouble ticket ongoing with RIM right now. If you are having this issue, please PM me your BBID if you want, and I'll send that on to the RIM technician who is working on it. The more broken accounts she can look at the better as she tries to figure out what is going on.
    can i send u my bbid too???
    11-21-12 09:17 PM
    I am also having the same issue, unable to refresh "My World." Since Wednesday (it's Sunday now). I am using 7.1.0.746, BB App World 4.0.0.63. I tried it on a fresh OS install (security wipe, device wipe with BBSAK, fresh install of OS with BB Desktop Software), and ONLY installed app world, and it wouldn't work. I rewiped/installed the OS and tried it again, only this time I installed BBM 7 first (which pushes through a BBID software upgrade), and then BB App World 4.0.0.63, and it still doesn't work.

I've tried a few other things to trouble shoot:

1. Search in app world for a free app that I had previously installed. It re-installs without a hitch.
    2. Search in app world for a paid app that I had previously installed. It either
    a) re-installs without a hitch (but won't give me an unlock code popup)
    b) gives me an "Incorrect price (Error code: 35005)" error popup
    3. Search in app world for a paid app that I had not previously installed. It allows me to get as far as the "click here to buy" screen where you select payment method (but I didn't continue because I didn't want to buy another app).

What I haven't tried yet, is to install apps via USB and BlackBerry App World plugin. I am able to login with BBID to Beta Zone, and into App World. I am able to see "My world" in the website version of App World, and it shows all my apps. Tomorrow I'll try installing via USB and the App World plugin. If it works, then great, it's a workaround, but it really is a pain that App World on my BlackBerry 9900 is busted.
    Our issues are identical. I've sent you my info to add to the ticket. I have tried using the App World plugin via USB cable and it doesn't work either. Good luck and please let me know what you find out. Thanks for taking that next step and opening up a ticket with RIM.
    11-22-12 05:39 AM
    Sent mine, how were you able to submit a case??
    11-22-12 08:20 AM
    Sent mine, how were you able to submit a case??
    Thanks for the PMs everybody, I will reply today when I get a minute. I initially contacted @BlackBerryHelp via Twitter, and after a short conversation they suggested I call my carrier and ask them to escalate the call through to RIM technical support. So I did that. I had to make it very clear right away that this was not a carrier issue, else I ran the risk of getting caught in the maw of carrier technical support people. I now have a toll free number to call at RIM, a technical support contact person, and a case number I can add notes to via telephone conversations or email.

I will submit everybody's BBID information to them today.
    cesarpq likes this.
    11-22-12 11:32 AM
    Okay, I submitted all the BBID information I received to RIM tech support. Thanks for writing me with your information. The more people who report this issue, the more weight it will have internally at RIM.

The last word was that "they are still investigating the issue". I'll post more when I learn more.
    11-22-12 05:40 PM
    Okay, I submitted all the BBID information I received to RIM tech support. Thanks for writing me with your information. The more people who report this issue, the more weight it will have internally at RIM.The last word was that "they are still investigating the issue". I'll post more when I learn more.
    I really hope it's figured out and resolved. Thanks again for taking the lead with this.
    11-22-12 05:43 PM
    Okay, I submitted all the BBID information I received to RIM tech support. Thanks for writing me with your information. The more people who report this issue, the more weight it will have internally at RIM.

The last word was that "they are still investigating the issue". I'll post more when I learn more.
    yeah thanks a lot, i been trying a couple more things today, but i guess theres nothing we can do until they solve it internally, hopefully soon.
    11-22-12 05:51 PM
    yeah thanks a lot, i been trying a couple more things today, but i guess theres nothing we can do until they solve it internally, hopefully soon.
    What have you tried?

1. I tried a different BBID that I made up, and it works just fine (can add/delete apps, and they show up properly in the "uninstalled tab"
    2. On my main (broken) BBID, search for a paid app that I purchased previously, and
    a) some of them install, but won't give me the unlock code or show up in "uninstalled tab"
    b) some of them throw an error 35005 and won't install at all
    11-22-12 06:41 PM
    I really hope it's figured out and resolved. Thanks again for taking the lead with this.
    You're welcome! I already had the case number going with RIM, and I was searching for more information that might help me fix it, and I came upon this thread. If you come across more people who have this issue, send them to this thread, or just give them my BB PIN (27f477c1) or my email ([email protected]) and I'll get their information folded into the case number.
    11-22-12 06:43 PM
    What have you tried?

1. I tried a different BBID that I made up, and it works just fine (can add/delete apps, and they show up properly in the "uninstalled tab"
    2. On my main (broken) BBID, search for a paid app that I purchased previously, and
    a) some of them install, but won't give me the unlock code or show up in "uninstalled tab"
    b) some of them throw an error 35005 and won't install at all
    same here, i also try to install one by one from my pc using a browser, i think its the same result, without the errors, on the paid apps the browser just gets stuck, and i get an error that the browser complement stop working, searching on google i found something about changing the time and date to manual, nothing, i try with a 3.x version of app world, nothing, not sure what else to try, i change the pass on my bbid thinking maybe that it would reset something or unlace my acc (im not sure from what... hahaha)
    11-22-12 07:21 PM
    You're welcome! I already had the case number going with RIM, and I was searching for more information that might help me fix it, and I came upon this thread. If you come across more people who have this issue, send them to this thread, or just give them my BB PIN (27f477c1) or my email ([email protected]) and I'll get their information folded into the case number.
    hey i just try something and i was able to see al my apps... i delete the app world cache (alt+rst), i open the app world, go to my world, the app list start updating, i get the error (only show me the native rim apps), after that i refresh the app list but just in the app (menukey+ update list) i all my apps appeared(the uninstall, other device, etc), and i was able to install the paid apps without problems... maybe theyre working on our bbid...
    11-22-12 07:50 PM
50 12