Hi all,

I'm new to the world of Blackberry (had my 9700 for 2 weeks) and am having trouble with apps.

I cannot download app world, I get a message saying it is not compatible, even though I have all the requirements listed.

I dont know if it makes any difference, but I'm on Vodafone in Australia.

Please help, or my iPhone owning friends will never let me live down buying a blackberry!

EDIT: sorry, it's not "not compatible", it says: "sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support blackberry app world"
    Last edited by KR89; 04-06-10 at 11:00 PM.
    04-06-10 09:37 PM
    It happened to me when I bought an unlocked 9700 and then loaded my carrier sim in it. I had this message when I was connected with wifi but could download it as soon as my phone registered to the network and used my carrier's data connection. I hope it helps.

It says on app world that it can be accessed using wifi, but I couldn't install it using wifi only when my sim was still unregistered on my carrier's network.
    04-07-10 12:07 AM
    Thanks, I think I tried through the network... I've gone around in circles that many times with it! I'll try again though.

EDIT: just tried again, still no luck
    Last edited by KR89; 04-07-10 at 12:38 AM.
    04-07-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD