150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth the wait...Better than i expected

53 35.33%
  • Its okay, need some improving

80 53.33%
  • Way to go RIM...You screwed up again

17 11.33%
    Is it what you hoped it would be?

Okay, had requests for discussions, (i hate reading posts because it goes on off topic the thread gets disorganized)

Use the Pros Cons Format only please

Pros:

1. Looks cool
    2. Easy to use

Cons:
    1. Kind of Slow (icons load slowly for me)
    Last edited by jporter80; 04-01-09 at 09:11 AM.
    04-01-09 08:14 AM
    LOL "way to go rim..you screwed up again"
    04-01-09 08:30 AM
    No discussion? Ah come on. . . . . I love to chat! And by the by it was worth the wait!

James
    04-01-09 08:36 AM
    Sorry, but cannot vote. There is no voting button on the wap site. With no discussion, you are alienating half of the crackberrians who access the forum with their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 08:54 AM
    The app store will just give the weenies something new to complain about.
    04-01-09 09:45 AM
    The app store will just give the weenies something new to complain about.
    Case and point of my post
    04-01-09 09:54 AM
    Yes, I did get confused with app storage space because every time I upgraded OS and removed apps it seemed to have an effect on application memory. My bad.
    Last edited by notabun; 04-01-09 at 10:26 AM.
    04-01-09 09:55 AM
    The way they screwed up is by offering an app store for phones with limited application storage. WTF?!?!?!?! Way to limit how much money you can make by only allowing a small number of apps to be stored on your devices. Idiots.

The app store is an initial nice attempt so far but seriously, with only 40mb to work how many apps can you really download before you start thinking about performance impact?
    i think your a bit confused.... the device has about 1 gig of storage on it.... that 40mb is not for storing apps, it is for running the programs and apps... correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure im not.
    04-01-09 10:01 AM
    How did they screw it up!!!??? My gosh some of you people would not be happy if you won a million bucks. In my app world there are 300+ apps. That is more than enough for me. Bottom right icon called categories allows you to browse all of them.
    04-01-09 10:12 AM
    I dl'd some apps from it last night, and my reaction to it is: Better Than Nothin'. I vote that it's just Okay, no big deal.

I bought Wheel of Fortune and it was pretty cool... but I also DL'd Car & Driver, Par 72 Golf Lite and Slacker Radio.

Car & Driver needs to show photos of the cars under discussion. No photos means I won't be using that app all that much... but it was free.

Slacker Radio is pretty neat...

The golf game needs some work. I had trouble coordinating the golf swing. I may get better with time but I also may not ever play it again...

Overall the experience is underwhelming. Very slow to load the icons.
    04-01-09 10:14 AM
    to heck with no discussions

this looks great, is user friendly and very responsive.
    04-01-09 10:34 AM
    Ummmmmmmmmm is there a selection for "don't judge, it's only been 12 hours"
    04-01-09 10:36 AM
    I think its good so far of course they will improve some things but not to shabby for just being released. 300 + apps is def a great start.
    04-01-09 10:37 AM
    Pros:
    -Aesthetically pleasing
    -Reasonable number of apps available for a launch
    -Intuitive layout

Cons:
    - Load times a pretty slow, even over a 3G or WiFi connection (I suspect the server is in a fight for its life with all the folks trying to access the App World right now)
    - Needs more non-game apps

Conclusion:
    -This is a solid effort by RIM, and honestly is better than I expected it would be, but there is still some room for improvement (especially when it comes to load times). Hopefully we'll start to see a pick up in dev support, and we'll see a wider array of apps arriving in the near future (if the iPhone App Store launch is any indicator, that should be the case)!
    Last edited by Stromson; 04-01-09 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-01-09 11:00 AM
    Hey I think its great now let's get this os under control and the were n business..

04-01-09 11:09 AM
    so far so good... seemed the server had a downtime there for a sec. Servers are probably getting overloaded.
    04-01-09 01:10 PM
    Its fine for now. Just wait until companieslike Smule and other iPhone Devs get over to the Storm and other BB phones. Will be great.
    04-01-09 01:13 PM
    Here's my take on app world. A bunch of apps I already had (some of them older versions than I have now) so I have no use for it yet.

04-01-09 01:20 PM
    I removed crackberry app store for it....I like it

04-01-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD