(It's so tough to know the best forum to post a question...)

I wanted to install the "Sea Storm Animated Theme" from Blackberry App World on my Verizon 9650. It says it supports all devices, all countries, and all carriers. I sent myself the link, and it opens in App World, but there's not "Download" button; in it's place, there's a message:

"This application is not available on your device or for your carrier."

I have the latest version of App World, with which I've installed numerous other apps. I'm in the U.S., always have been. No leaked OS. Rebooted twice.

Also, I can't find the app using App World on the phone.

Any ideas very much appreciated. This is just a theme, which I could live without, but but I'm concerned it may happen with something I really do want or need.

Thanx!!
    09-30-10 02:24 PM
    Perhaps the latest version isn't 'certified' for your country / phone / screen resolution / carrier? An forced install through an OTA link (without using App world) might help
    09-30-10 03:43 PM
    just worked fine on my 9700... are you running OS6 or OS5?

BlackBerry App World - FREE Sea Storm Animated Theme

download it on your PC and push it via DM.
    09-30-10 03:52 PM
    I get that all the time... App World doesn't like the 9650 I think.
    09-30-10 08:55 PM
    Running OS5.

Sorta glad to hear it's not just me, Scrid...sorry for you, though. Can other 9650 users confirm?

Brake, I'm not sure how to do what you're suggesting.

Also very puzzled as to why I can't even FIND it when searching app world via my phone.
    10-01-10 01:09 PM
    You can't find it searching app world cuz app world thinks it's incompatible, and doesn't show you incompatible apps.
    Best thing to do is find it elsewhere.
    Another way is to have someone else download it for you and email you the .cod.rem files that app world backs up on the SD card. Rename the .cod.rem files to just .cod, and create a .jad with the BBLeaks tool and install via your memory card.

App world with the 9650 isn't too bad; 8330m really sucked tho lol.
    10-01-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD