I noticed that app world completely drains all my memory, whenever I'm browsing through the app for a few minutes. Wondering if anyone else noticed this. I'm running the official bell .131 on my vzw storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:49 PM
    I noticed that app world completely drains all my memory, whenever I'm browsing through the app for a few minutes. Wondering if anyone else noticed this. I'm running the official bell .131 on my vzw storm.

Hmmm that's wierd...App world sucks really bad but I have never had a memory leak with it. Are you sure it might not be another app, like a 3rd party app. I have had a lot of issues with leaks with my 3rd party apps. But as all us BB Storm users know, every storm behaves differently. Good luck figuring this out.
    05-16-09 10:59 PM
    Yup, App World is a huge drainer on my Storm too.

05-16-09 11:01 PM
    Appworld sucks up a lot of memory while its running if you surf through all its categories. However it doesn't leak memory... Just uses a lot. After you close Appworld all the memory it occupied is freed up.

There's a big difference between memory being used, and memory lost due to a leak.

05-16-09 11:10 PM
    Yep. Deleted it off mine.

05-16-09 11:31 PM
    I have the same issue here, no leak when I'm not using it, but massive memory use when I am using it. RIM should likely address that.

I'm also wondering what OS you're using. Bell's official to my knowledge is still .122, not .131.
    05-16-09 11:43 PM
    Yep. Deleted it off mine.
    05-17-09 07:04 AM
    It's pretty well documented that AppWorld is a huge memory leak. I don't know why anybody keeps it on their phone.
    05-17-09 07:35 AM
    Yes, I instaled and un instaled it 3 times now, it does affect the memory even when its not running.
    05-17-09 08:10 AM
    Yeah I tested it several times, and it will drain every bit of mem until the phone would even reset sometimes. I downloaded a trial version of aerize optimizer, and it reclaimed all the mem app world depleted when I ran it. I think i'm going to delete it. I just wanted to know if I was the only one with this issue,

thanks for everyone's responses
    05-18-09 09:31 AM
    As stated previously app world uses a lot of memory but it isn't a memory leaker. There has got to be another app giving you problems.

05-18-09 09:52 AM
    It may use a lot, but i have never had it leak at all. Have had it since it came out
    05-18-09 12:50 PM
    As stated previously app world uses a lot of memory but it isn't a memory leaker. There has got to be another app giving you problems.

Nah, I tested it several times, it really did leak all my mem.
    05-21-09 07:18 AM
    App world was a bigger let down than the new series of American dad compared to family guy.

Who needs app world when we got CB... :P
    05-21-09 07:26 AM
    app world is horrible...the only good thing about it is the logo..other than that, its a heep of sh*t - and im not really sure but i dont know what os you think your running? Bells official OS is .122 and i havent seen a .131 on here? are you maybe suggesting vodaphones offical .141?
    05-21-09 09:03 AM
    About a week ago I noticed there was a new version of app world 1.0.0.29 so I upgraded it. At first I didn't notice anything different. Now after having it installed on my storm for a while I am noticing my memory is staying higher, longer and the battery life has improved. I have not added or deleted any other apps since the app world upgrade. Before the upgrade my memory would stay in the 20s for a couple of day and then in the teens for a couple of days and then I would do a quick pull when I got into the single digits. Since the update, I have not done a quick pull or battery pull (around a week) and I’m still in the teens for memory. I also haven’t had to charge my phone in over the past two days.

Just an observation, has anyone else noticed an improvement?
    05-21-09 10:11 AM
    im gonna delete mine to, but how will you download new apps that come out?
    05-24-09 02:45 PM
    im gonna delete mine to, but how will you download new apps that come out?
    I agree with the the memory leak. Just use Crackberry app store.
    05-24-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD