I can't believe how bad the memory leak is on app world. Trust me. Delete it and you will see a big difference. I deleted it about 24 hours ago and my file free has barely budged. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:24 AM
    Not I..

I do know that after a few mins of browsing though, that the device becomes unresponsive, icons for the apps dont load.. once I close App World, device mysteriously becomes responsive again.

It's not very well coded for the Storm.
    05-14-09 10:37 AM
    I can't believe how bad the memory leak is on app world. Trust me. Delete it and you will see a big difference. I deleted it about 24 hours ago and my file free has barely budged. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

No, I have App World installed and have used it extensively. There are no memory issues, other then filling up my memory with new Applications.

Rock solid.
    05-14-09 11:47 AM
    App World on the Storm has a few bugs.. I've tried it on 3 different Storms..

Sometimes App World won't load the app icons.. exiting the app and starting it back up loads the icons.. Then after a few minutes of browsing, it becomes SO slow in response to clicks, that you have to close it again and re-open it. =(
    05-14-09 11:50 AM
    I have noticed some lag but nothing to serious. I believe the current build was supposed to address the memory leak issues but don't remember exactly. Don't know when and how often AppWorld updates itself?
    05-14-09 01:06 PM
    I just deleted BB app world. LOL I only use Crackberry store/ Mobi for all my apps.
    05-14-09 01:14 PM
    I hate the new Crackberry App World it doesn't let me hit ok when I'm trying to search for apps.

05-14-09 01:19 PM
    I noticed a big memory leak with AppWorld, I lost about 10 MB of file free memory in 2 hours. I deleted it after a few days.

Now verizon pushes AW to my BB in their service books.
    05-14-09 01:28 PM
    BB App world was really slow on my Storm, so i just got rid of it. Plus the Apps werent appealing to me and how they set it up.
    05-14-09 01:31 PM
    Deleted AppWorld last night and noticed a good drop in memory leak. I think I will keep it off until AppWorld starts getting some better apps
    05-14-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD