My app world link on my 9700 is missing. I re installed the program, but I still don't have an icon so I cant access app world from my Blackberry. Any ideas anyone?
    06-12-10 11:50 AM
    My app world link on my 9700 is missing. I re installed the program, but I still don't have an icon so I cant access app world from my Blackberry. Any ideas anyone?
    Did you do reboot/battery pull after installing?
    06-12-10 11:55 AM
    Yes I did, still no go
    06-12-10 11:58 AM
    Go to Options, Applications, and then view Add On apps, and see if App World shows up there. If it doesn't, it isn't really installed. If it does, then for some reason the icon is missing. Go to your homescreen and under the menu select "Show All" and make sure it isn't hidden. If it's not hidden try reinstalling again (I had to reinstall BBM 4-5 times for a similar issue).
    06-12-10 11:58 AM
    Go to Options, Applications, and then view Add On apps, and see if App World shows up there. If it doesn't, it isn't really installed. If it does, then for some reason the icon is missing. Go to your homescreen and under the menu select "Show All" and make sure it isn't hidden. If it's not hidden try reinstalling again (I had to reinstall BBM 4-5 times for a similar issue).

It is installed, so I will try to install it yes again
    06-12-10 12:09 PM
    If its the .35 version, many have reported this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 02:11 PM
    I did a swipe and everything is working and I got the Icon back
    06-12-10 06:26 PM
    I am having the same problem. I did also have a email in my inbox on my phone about the update that wouldn't delete no matter how many times i tried to delete it.
    I have also removed app world from my phone then down load it again but still having the same issue.
    I have now deleted app world from my phone and now the email as gone to. I think blackberry have a issue
    06-13-10 08:03 AM
    Done all what you have put here but still no joy. Why do companies do these updates if they haven't check them for issues first!
    06-13-10 08:04 AM
    I went into options --> applications and AppWorld is not there, yet when I try to install it again, it tells me the .35 already exists, do I want to overwrite it? So I've said yes and still nothing.

Any suggestions?
    06-13-10 08:26 AM
    .35 is experiencing some technical difficulties!

You can install an older version...use DM to uninstall; reboot, then install through DM

Using this technique has been reported as effective to some degree. You may have altered some of the system files during the upgrade and my not be able to perform the afore mentioned technique!
    06-13-10 12:52 PM
    Ok, so I'm not alone with this issue, I tried to install .35 and now no BB App world. I've reinstalled 5 times and nothing, still can't get the icon. NOT HAPPY WITH RIM!
    This is my first issue with my BB9700 and I'm feeling like someone took my best friend. THIS BETTER BE FIXED SOON OR SOMEONE IS GETTING A NASTY EMAIL.
    06-14-10 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD