I received an update notification this morning for the iSpeech Translator that was part of the Compliments of BB program. So I went to update it, and for some reason it just sat there and said please wait so I closed App World and went back in and now "My World" inside App World is completely messed up. It is showing programs that I have uninstalled as Installed, and showing programs that I have installed as Uninstalled. I have tried rebooting my phone, pressing ALT+RST while in App World, and nothing seems to work. I still have the icons for the Apps that App World is showing as Uninstalled and I can still open them and use them.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, what was the cause and fix for the issue?
    06-13-12 08:20 AM
    Sorry if it sounds stupid, but have you tried the "Refresh List" option?
    06-13-12 09:29 AM
    Sorry if it sounds stupid, but have you tried the "Refresh List" option?
    Yes, I have tried to use the "Refresh List" with Installed apps showing on the screen as well as Uninstalled apps showing on the screen.

I did notice that when I pressed ALT+RST with App World open, when I went back in, the apps that were showing as me having them installed but I really didn't did go away, but I still have apps showing as me having them uninstalled when they really are installed.
    06-13-12 09:33 AM
    I have also plugged my phone into my computer to look at my Applications through DM and it shows everything that I have installed and is correct. It just looks like an App World issue.
    06-13-12 09:51 AM
    Maybe give it a couple days? Or remove your email and add it back?
    06-13-12 09:56 AM
    I too got the update notice for iSpeech Translator Pro, but when I try to upgrade the app, all it does is sit there and says "Please wait..." I tried a reboot and a refresh of App World, but it still won't download the update.
    06-13-12 01:24 PM
    I too got the update notice for iSpeech Translator Pro, but when I try to upgrade the app, all it does is sit there and says "Please wait..." I tried a reboot and a refresh of App World, but it still won't download the update.
    This is exactly what mine did, and after doing all of what you basically did, my App World is all messed up with the problems I have listed above with showing installed programs as uninstalled.

Also, if I click on the programs that are being showed on the uninstalled list (that are already installed) and click install, if they are a paid for app, it tries to make me enter my information to purchase them again.
    06-13-12 02:02 PM
    Sounds like update link for iSpeech is gone a-muck in appworld....an issue that's out of our hands, I'd email the developer with a link to this page of crackberry.
    06-13-12 03:45 PM
    Im having the same issue...with both i-speech and call confirm...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 04:08 PM
    Well, thats a shame.. have you tried hitting the download button for each app? Could work
    06-13-12 07:19 PM
    Well, thats a shame.. have you tried hitting the download button for each app? Could work
    why bother with the smart alec post??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 02:57 AM
    I sent an e-mail to support@ispeech.org, and linked them to this thread. So I will follow up with any information that I receive regarding this issue.
    06-14-12 06:54 AM
    I received this response from their support:

Hi Zach,

This is most likely caused by the update being under a different listing as well as having a older version installed.

We recommend that you uninstall the previous version, pull your battery to restart your phone, and then install the latest free version from the App World. Entering your purchase code found on the app page in the My World section of App World should unlock the pro features once again. If you cannot retrieve it from here then please forward us your purchase receipt so that we may generate a new code for you.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

-The iSpeech Support Team

iSPEECH SUPPORT TEAM | iSPEECH, INC. | support@ispeech.org | Free Mobile App Stops Texting While Driving - DriveSafe.ly | Caller ID Reader - App | Text to Speech | TTS SDK | Speech Recognition (ASR)

Except the problem with that is that I downloaded this program as part of the Compliments of BB program and I never received and Purchase Receipt/Code and I don't see anywhere within My World to get this information. Am I overlooking something in App World that I can recover the code required?
    06-14-12 11:38 AM
    Something that I have just noticed after going into App World is that there is no longer an iSpeech Translator Pro available, there is only iSpeech Translator for free. So did the do away with the paid version and just make the entire Pro version free?
    06-14-12 11:48 AM
    I wrote back to the original e-mail from above stating that it was part of the Compliments of BB promo and this is what I received back:

If this was a complementary version then this would explain the error in updating. Unfortunately since RIM was in control of distributing the complementary version we cannot push updates to these versions. In order to update we recommend you uninstall the previous version, pull the battery to restart your phone, and install the latest free version which is the upgrade for which you've received a notification form.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

-The iSpeech Support Team
    bossa_Nova likes this.
    06-14-12 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD