This is the second time this has happened. The program will download fine, but get stuck on the installing animation. Quickpull doesn't help either. Anyone have any idea why this happens? The first time it happened the issue resolved itself while I was sleeping. Any info or suggestions would be most appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 02:13 PM
    What app is it? Some aren't recommended to be downloaded. 8900 apps I have gotten from there installed flawlessly but there are some apps that I know I should stay away from simply because of screen shots I've seen or from reading comments left by past users of it.

08-15-09 02:20 PM
    try alt+lglg......and select clear log....are you downloading while wifi or edge?

When you say second time ....what was the first download?

Sounds like your getting a corrupted install file
    08-15-09 02:22 PM
    Maybe an actual Battery Pull instead of using QuickPull or Alt+Shift+Del... leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put it back in and wait to boot up.
    08-15-09 02:35 PM
    The first one was that new psychological profile demo, then the second one is the new blackjack game. The profile program works fine to this day. The blackjack one is still installing...all downloads were on edge.

08-15-09 05:11 PM
    edge or EDGE?
    08-15-09 06:40 PM
    I think the internet only works with EDGE

08-15-09 07:26 PM
    K, did battery pull, no dice. Alt + lglg did nothing. Its still doind it. And where is this list of apps not recommended for download that justlove mentioned?

08-15-09 07:30 PM
    K, did battery pull, no dice. Alt + lglg did nothing. Its still doind it. And where is this list of apps not recommended for download that justlove mentioned?

Ok...well a temp fix is dl"ing the app through your dm....desktop...see if you can force the apps through that way....when you say alt+lglg did nothing do you mean it didn't come up? Hold alt down simultaneously and keep it depressed while u hit lglg....your event log should come up and you nead to clear log....

08-15-09 11:29 PM
    K, I'm about to try desktop manager. I did get the event log cleared, its definitely a huge repeating error, I just wish I could stop it. Another great twist, I can't install anything else or delete any archived apps until I get this straightened out. Thanks for all help so far, please don't give up on this yet.

08-15-09 11:47 PM
    This must be a bug with appworld. I tried dm to no avail, and out of nowhere, the app stopped installing, and changed its status to ready to install. I clicked on it, it asked me if I wanted to onstall it, and I said no. It installed itself anyway. I deleted it right away, and all is well again...

08-16-09 01:15 PM
    what the heck .....we need to get clintro or aristile in here
    08-16-09 03:25 PM
    Maybe try this:

1 - Remove the AppWorld app
    2 - Do a battery pull on your device again
    3 - Try to re-install AppWorld again
    4 - Then try to download apps again through AppWorld.
    08-16-09 04:21 PM
    The cavalry has arrived lol....general aristile sir!!!! I hear the save the day tune playing in the background lol

Last edited by larrygump; 08-16-09 at 11:43 PM.
    08-16-09 08:25 PM
    LOL, I just do what I can when I can bro!
    08-16-09 08:52 PM
    Im a "school of technology via aristile" student.......lmao
    08-16-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD