Hello all, i installed the updated version on windows live messenger last night because an app world icon showed up on my home screen with a 1 next to it. After i installed it and rebooted the icon was still there? I deleted app world this morning and the notification went and then re-installed and it came back. There are no other new updates for app world so i am lost as to why it is there?

Any ideas? Its annoying me greatly.

Thanks
    09-28-09 06:21 AM
    I think this an App world update message basically telling an update is available for the app.

I could be wrong, just going from memory.

EDIT: I just saw in your post there were no updates for App world, could this be for another program or another kind of App world message?
    09-28-09 12:43 PM
    Have you deleted the notification from you messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 03:51 PM
    hootyhoo is correct.

go into your Messages folder and delete the App World Update alert from there. the alert only shows up in that folder. if you have that folder as i do, it takes a while to figure it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 03:52 PM
    Yep, was in the message folder! Stupid me. Ever since i changed my theme from the iberry theme i have had a folder for every type of message, i recently found mms pictures messages and had three that i had never seen and had restarted my phone because i couldn't work out why the light was flashing!
    09-29-09 11:44 AM
    go into your Messages folder and delete the App World Update alert from there. the alert only shows up in that folder.
    Is this new with .230 or the latest APP WORLD?? In any case +1 to hootyhoo and Chrisy520!!

Soooooo frustrating trying to find out exactly where that was coming from.
    09-30-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD