I've recently been having an issue with App World. When I delete an archived application, the icon disappears. Now tonight, I updated to 1.1.0.33, did the reboot when it asked, and the icon is gone. Really starting to **** me off because the only way that I've found to get the icon back is to re-install app world.
    Anyone else find a better solution/having the same issue?
    03-08-10 10:13 PM
    Is it in your downloads folder?
    03-09-10 08:46 AM
    Apps deleted on the phone and not from your App World account lead to loss of the icon. Delete from your account and all should be well.
    03-09-10 09:20 AM
    @ redmeat No it is not, there is no icon anywhere but the app is still in the applications list.
    @ sedalia I've deleted from both the downloads folder and the app world app and both give the same missing icon result.

I did another battery pull which managed to bring the icon back. But now this morning out of the blue my trackball doesn't work well. I really need to push the ball in to select something. One issue solved, another one appears out of nowhere.
    03-09-10 03:40 PM
    I lost my App World icon after upgrading as well -- I'll try a battery pull and see if that brings it back. Luckily I had it shown in QuickLaunch.
    03-11-10 06:41 PM
    After I upgraded it was moved from my downloads folder to an icon on my home screen. No biggie, just moved it back.
    03-11-10 07:11 PM
    Hi I've also lost my app world icon and I have deleted app world from applications in options menu and then re installed it but still no luck ...any help plz
    Last edited by wheaty13; 03-20-10 at 11:39 AM.
    03-20-10 10:58 AM
    I just upgraded to OS 5.0.0.993 and I am experiencing the same issue. I check the box to have App World installed through Desktop Manager when I installed the operating system, but for some reason the icon wasn't there eventhough it was listed under add-ons in Applications. I did several battery pulls with no success, then deleted and re-installed it but I still can't get the icon back.
    04-04-10 08:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm having the same issue (again).

App world has 'disappeared' repeatedly for no obvious reason.
    Both the phone and the Desktop Manager loader insist it's installed correctly, but the icon is nowhere to be found.

I've done some googleing, but the only 'solution' offered seems to be to pull the battery repeatedly (and keep your fingers crossed).
    That's not really a -solution- now is it? And on top of that this 'solution' has never worked for me. The only thing that works is re�nstalling from www . blackberry . com/appworld/download (reinstalling through Desktop Manager doens't work either).

Considering the amount of people having this issue it amazes me RIM hasn't offered a real solution for this problem yet.

Several times now I've wanted to show the apps availlable on my BB to some friends (because they were interested in getting one themselves) only to find out that AppWorld had spontaneously disappeared - again.

Needless to say they were not impressed, and neither am I to be honest...
    Last edited by Roostr72; 05-28-10 at 10:04 AM.
    05-28-10 09:47 AM
    At least I know I am not losing my mind or my eyesight.

Earlier today I had a functioning App World, except for the inability to view reviews while on Wi-Fi. I got the message that there was an upgrade out there, and went to download it. I rebooted the phone when it said to and . . . No launch icon anywhere. I went out to the website to try that download, and no icon there either after that attempt.

I am gradually losing my sense of humor dealing with this issue. BB techs had me wipe my phone for nothing to try to get App World to function, and after wasting all that time, advanced techs actually checked the database to see if this is a known issue. It was, so sorry for the inconvenience. No wait, they actually never said they were sorry at all now that I think of it. Now they come up with a fix that destroys the remaining functionality of app world.

I am not trying the techs approach on this one. I am just going to assume it is a known issue.
    06-12-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD