I have noticed that ever since I installed the App World onto my phone that I have been dropping memory faster than ever. I dropped WeatherBug and it only got worse, I tried uninstalling the App World and BOOM 42Mb on startup with 31Mb by the end of the day compared to 36Mb dropping to 13.4Mb within 3 hours. Anyone else seeing this?
    04-23-09 11:29 PM
    i saw the same thing, i kept weatherbug (only loseing about 10mb with it) when i had app world i was going from 37mb to 8 to 10mb. dropped app world, crackberry app store is better anyway
    04-23-09 11:46 PM
    I'm sure alot of people would agree when i say CRACKBERRY is so much better. The app world was a huge disappointment.
    04-24-09 08:09 AM
    I'm sure alot of people would agree when i say CRACKBERRY is so much better. The app world was a huge disappointment.
    I would have to disagree. It may not be the Iphone App Center that everyone was hoping for, but it does a good job of organizing all the apps in one place with ratings, reviews, and one touch downloading. It suits me just fine.
    04-24-09 08:18 AM
    I agree Shay. It will just take time for the number of apps to grow. The Apple App store wasn't nearly as loaded when it firs tcame out as it is now either.
    04-24-09 11:05 AM
    They also need to add a computer interface like apple's app store, and they need to make it so the my world apps are consistent, and don't randomly disappear. They should all be linked to your paypal account, even the free ones, so you can always get them back.
    04-24-09 11:16 AM
    They also need to add a computer interface like apple's app store, and they need to make it so the my world apps are consistent, and don't randomly disappear. They should all be linked to your paypal account, even the free ones, so you can always get them back.
    I wouldnt mind a tab for "newly added apps." Being that there are so many categories and apps listed, its kinda hard to go through every tab to try and figure out if anything is there that wasnt before. Simple feature, but would be very useful.
    04-24-09 11:33 AM
    I have noticed that ever since I installed the App World onto my phone that I have been dropping memory faster than ever. I dropped WeatherBug and it only got worse, I tried uninstalling the App World and BOOM 42Mb on startup with 31Mb by the end of the day compared to 36Mb dropping to 13.4Mb within 3 hours. Anyone else seeing this?
    found the same thing, I was at 42 and 4 hours later down to 11. Deleted app world and have been sitting around 38 so far today. For as little as I use that program (can find anything I want to get form app world elsewhere anyway) I figured it was useless on the phone.
    04-24-09 11:42 AM
    Yes it does and I deleted it. I agree they do need a computer desktop link.
    Take some lessons from CB
    Hows that for brown nosing
    04-24-09 11:50 AM
    I just deleted app world, I don't have paypal so the pay apps are useless to me, thanks to CB for allowing regular debit/CC payment! App world was alright, i just wasn't impressed, If you could use a debit or CC like here, then it would be hundreds of times better, or if it was charged to your carrier bill even. I just deleted it and im booting up at 40.7MB now
    04-24-09 11:50 AM
    I don't have any memory issues with App World and I personally like both App World and Crackberry, they both have good apps and both will only continue to add more.
    04-24-09 11:52 AM
    I noticed quite a bit of slowdown with the App World installed. I uninstalled it and everything seems to be a bit better.

After using App World for a while I do have to agree that it's a bit of a let down. I have an iPod Touch and the App Store for it is amazing! I've read a lot of reasons why the Blackberry apps / development is slower and less friendly and it's kind of disappointing. To be completely honest I think I would switch to an iPhone if service was as good as Verizon's in my area. I LOVE my Storm and all, but it would be so nice to have an all in one Phone / Messenger / Game System / Music Player / ect.
    04-24-09 11:54 AM
    After using App World for a while I do have to agree that it's a bit of a let down. I have an iPod Touch and the App Store for it is amazing!
    I also have a Storm and an iPod Touch, how can you even compare App World with the App Store?????? Lets see App World has been out for 4 weeks or so and how long has the App Store been out a couple years???? App World will only improve over time just as the App Store did since it was launched.

People really need to have a bit more patients, nothing is outstanding at launch!
    04-24-09 12:05 PM
    I thought this new app world was a step in the right direction until I read this and checked it out on my storm. I don't seem to be loosing that much memory but any is to much when I want to download more apps. What is causing the memory to leak? I am guessing but maybe App World is caching information to the app memory? Anyone figured out the cause of this yet?
    04-24-09 12:54 PM
    App world = waste of space
    04-24-09 03:41 PM
    I hate to sound like a complete newbie but...

what does leak mean? and how are you guys figuring how how much your leaking?

if someone could please explain lol thanks!
    04-24-09 03:46 PM
    A leak is when a program continues to use avaliable memory even if it's not open. that's pretty much what it is in basic terms I think. Just check your memory under options and if it goes down drasticaly it's a leak, or buy Meterberry and it will log your memory actions through out the day.
    04-24-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD