anyone knows how to get rid of this in 9860/9850?

This may happened you as well, you install an app, don't like it, uninstall it.
    But then it goes under Uninstalled (or unavailable - new on my 9860).
    How we can completely delete it?
    09-06-11 11:28 AM
    You don't. I wish we could. I mean after I purchase an app that I tried the free version of I absolutely have to have both versions in my lists.

Pretty f'n ******** if you ask me.
    09-06-11 11:33 AM
    I've never understood why its like this either. If you somehow accidentally delete the wrong app, it's nice to have, but once it's in the "deleted" section you ought to be able to get rid of it forever. I'd think that doing so would free up a teeny little bit of memory on the phone, and at whatever server app world works off of that keeps track of such things for us. Maybe not a big deal per phone, but on RIM's end it'd be significant.
    09-06-11 11:41 AM
    I have wondered why they show the deleted items under the "uninstalled" as well as the not available. Do I really need to see my PlayBook apps listed under my phone?
    09-06-11 12:09 PM
    Well, I think the idea is that if you paid for the App then it's yours and will always show in the list so you can easily re-install it without having to pay again... Or for example if you dowload a free App and then later it becomes a paid one, the app its now yours and you can re-install it without paying, unless the Developer specifically pushed the upgrade as a paid one of course...

On the good side, I've heard that the new App World that I think was released today, allows you to hide them...
    Last edited by Lumute; 09-06-11 at 01:07 PM.
    09-06-11 01:05 PM
    Appworld 3.0 has a 'hide' feature. other appworld beta version it was called 'ignore'

Goto uninstalled app, menu key and select 'hide'.

I'm still on the latest beta but it doesn't seem to hide them if you log into appworld on the PB.

Also, i had a bug where i re-installed the OS and beta appworld 3.0 and none f my apps appeared and selecting a paid app to re-installed caused an error. Went back to old offcial appworld and all is fine now.
    Last edited by narci; 09-06-11 at 08:32 PM.
    09-06-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD