I recently had to exchange my Tour due to a faulty track ball and after redownloading app world, I wanted to transfer my purchases over from my other tour via app world.

After opening App World and then going to My World, I log in... and then the bubble pops up reading "Authenticating." Then after that bubble closes, one pops up reading, "Please wait while your app world contents are received..." And a few seconds later I recieve the error message, "Unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later."

I have researched this problem and the only answers that keep popping up are the ones that tell me to uninstall, re download, battery pull, etc. and NONE of which fixed my problem.

If this happened to any one else, please let me know what you did to get around it. A lot of the apps I need help my phone as well as help me so I need this corrected ASAP. And I especially don't want to repurchase all of my apps.

Thanks ahead of time and any direction would be greatly appreciated.
    08-24-09 10:35 PM
    Man you are not alone. I made a thread here as well about this about 2 hours ago. That same ******** "fix" is spammed all over RIM's forums and it doesn't work for me either. I've had appworld uninstalled and reinstalled litteraly almost 2 dozen times in 3 hours.

I had to whipe than reinstall my Storm, and now I too am trying to sign in and get my apps back. "unable to authenticate user at this time, please try again later" is all I get.

If anyone can help us or have any suggests we are both ALL EARS! It's obvious RIM doesn't care about this issue. There are dozens of posts with this same problem and all anyone is saying is "reinstall blah blah".
    08-25-09 12:38 AM
    Guys,

I have had this problem as well... I had to log into my PayPal account and edit my Credit Card information because App World uses your credit card to autenticate you. once that is done you should be good to go...
    10-28-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD