i've been having a huge memory leak since i've downloaded app world im usually stable at 42mb now it drops down to 25-27 at times having to do a quickpull i think imma delte app world
    A BP at 25-27? Jeez, before I upgraded to .247, I never even got that high after a BP -- usually about 21-22.

I just did a BP and I'm at 38.7. It'll drift down another 5MB in the next half hour or so and then eventually settle around 30 or maybe a bit lower. I haven't noticed any ill effect with App World.
    04-06-09 01:57 PM
    A BP at 25-27? Jeez, before I upgraded to .247, I never even got that high after a BP -- usually about 21-22.

I just did a BP and I'm at 38.7. It'll drift down another 5MB in the next half hour or so and then eventually settle around 30 or maybe a bit lower. I haven't noticed any ill effect with App World.
    ive gotten to 50mb after BP after upgrading my os but imma delete app world n see if i can maintain over 40mb
    04-06-09 02:22 PM
    I just did a non physical bp and after the restart it went right to 25.8mb. I always thought it
    Should be higher. I do have a lot of apps and games but who doesn't..? What can I do to fix this?
    Sometimes it gets so bad it goes down to 2.5mb.

9000/4.6.0.162

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ADDICT2BOLD; 04-06-09 at 02:25 PM.
    04-06-09 02:23 PM
    I just did a non physical bp and after the restart it went right to 25.8mb. I always thought it
    Should be higher. I do have a lot of apps and games but who doesn't..? What can I do to fix this?
    Sometimes it gets so bad it goes down to 2.5mb.

9000/4.6.0.162

I'm running the same OS as you are and mine never goes down as low as
    2.5mb. As what the other posters have said, make sure you are closing your apps properly. I haven't done a battery pull yet, but my memory is at 31.1mb
    right now. I was using Appworld earlier on to see if my memory drops. It only dropped by 2mb and went back up abit.
    04-06-09 04:02 PM
    do you have a newest version of app world? theres been three different releases in just the past few days. that might help a bit
    04-06-09 04:24 PM
    I still don't see how I'm starting at 25mb after a bp. I should be starting with much more than that.

04-06-09 04:36 PM
    The lowest I got to after using App World with .247 is around 2 MB I freaked out and turned it off and did a battery pull and was back up to around 30 MB or something like that.
    04-06-09 04:49 PM
    Having the same issue, im running 216 on my Bold and before i even put appworld on...it was perfectly fine ie memory never used to get below 35mb even when leaving apps running.

But since ive installed appworld...even when im not using the damn app...my memory gets to about 30mb and lower. I know by using it the memory drops quite a bit but on mine...it just gets lower and lower as the hrs go by. So ive taken it off, theres nothing on there at the moment that i want ie download and plus the prices are pretty steep so ill continue getting my apps from crackberry store.

But seriously the appworld is a memory killer...im going to put 247 on at some point this week so once ive done that then ill try the appworld again. But so far not impressed with it at all.
    04-06-09 04:56 PM
    I am on .216 as well and App World has no effect on my memory. I have been on it three times and checked my memory before and after each time.

Twice I was on it for a long time, opening a lot of apps to read about, and kept my Bold open and connected to it for awhile. Both those times my memory was down about 10MB when I logged off. Tonight, I was on for a shorter time, looked at few things, and my memory was down 7MB when I was done.

In all three cases - within 10 minutes of closing App World, my memory was back up where I started - about 45MB.

Being on App World temporarily sucks up a lot of memory, but after closing, my Bold is right back where I started.

So I am not really sure why that is not happening with others.
    04-06-09 05:12 PM
    So I am not really sure why that is not happening with others.
    Well for one we don't even have confirmation on who is running what version...
    04-06-09 05:13 PM
    Just deleted App World, gave me an extra 10MB.

App World does drain my memory by quite a bit.
    04-06-09 05:14 PM
    Well for one we don't even have confirmation on who is running what version...
    I have 1.0.0.26.
    04-06-09 05:15 PM
    Just deleted App World, gave me an extra 10MB.

App World does drain my memory by quite a bit.
    I don't get this, because it's not doing anything unless it's open and running.

Are you closing it? And does the memory pop back up again 10-15 minutes after you close it?
    04-06-09 05:17 PM
    I thought it would affect me more since I'm still running .162, but my memory is fine. It's been at 31mb since this afternoon.
    04-06-09 09:02 PM
    def was appworld cuz i deleted it this afternoon and im steady over 40 mb of memory
    04-06-09 09:29 PM
    I'm about to delete it too. It's not like I can't find everything to download everywhere else.
    04-06-09 10:44 PM
    Im deleting mines right now to see if that is my problem as well..I dropped to 0 mb a few times in the last 2 days,and i only have 3 apps and 2 themes,,
    04-06-09 10:50 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD