Hello,

Recently everytime I try to click on the App World icon on my 9700....it feezes the phone up. Tried a battery pull more than once and still happens....tried restoring from my last saved backup and it still freezes. I'm hoping someone on here can help out?

Thanks for taking the time,

Coach

07-16-11 01:56 AM
    What OS are you running on your device?

Have you always had problems with AppWorld freezing your device, or did this start happening after an upgrade of AppWorld or your OS?
    07-16-11 12:30 PM
    Yep same happened to me earlier. Had to do battery pull twice then was back to normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 03:38 PM
    What OS is on your device? Have you considered deleting App World, doing a backup then installing a new OS? If you need assistance send me a PM and I can walk you through it step by step.

07-17-11 12:59 PM
    My guess is: OS needs updating, or needs to be installed clean after a complete wipe to a 507 Reload Software screen, after a backup with Desktop Manager that is.

PS. I do recall this happening once in OS 5. I forget which version though.

07-18-11 02:11 AM
    My advice is to back the device up and run a Security wipe. Then download the latest version of App World from mobile.blackberry.com.
    07-18-11 03:39 AM
    I downloaded an update to BB App World the other day and ever since when I leave the App world site, it is very slow to exit. Otherwise it's working just fine . . .

I'm using OS 5.
    Last edited by JoJo31; 07-18-11 at 11:41 AM.
    07-18-11 11:35 AM
    What OS is on your device? Have you considered deleting App World, doing a backup then installing a new OS? If you need assistance send me a PM and I can walk you through it step by step.

Dawg....pm sent
    07-18-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD