I'm trying to delete a stupid app that I downloaded & I can't get it to get out of the "archived" state no matter what I try. I've tried deleting it from both the my world thing & from the download folder. I can delete it from the download folder, but then it asks to reboot my device. I reboot my device, & when it comes back up, lo & behold the stupid app is STILL there, archived, & my app world is gone. So then I have to re-download app world, in which I have to reboot my phone AGAIN to finish the installation of app world. Also, for the past few days I've had the "upgrade" icon on the home screen. At least that's what I think it is, it's a circle w/ an arrow pointing down & to the left. However, app world isn't saying I have any apps I need to upgrade. So, how do i get rid of that? Also, is there any way to PERMANENTLY DELETE apps? Everything I've ever downloaded is still available in the my world thing, only they are grayed out & they say "uninstalled." Can't I just delete them from my device for good?

Also, I asked this a few days ago & never got an answer from the cb community so I'll try again. Whenever I upgrade bbm, it gobbles up ANOTHER 3MB instead of overriding the same 3MB bbm is currently using. I don't think that's right. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to delete the current version of bbm before I upgrade? Is there any way to get the 12MB back that I've wasted on bbm upgrades?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    12-30-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD