I downloaded an app from App World and told it to archive it when it downloaded. When I looked on my microSD card, it is not there. When I checked the main memory, there is a new folder called "BlackBerry | AppWorld". I thought it was supposed to archve to the memory card.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks.
    08-05-09 05:05 PM
    Im pretty sure they didnt add that option. But hey I could be wrong.
    08-05-09 05:07 PM
    They did add the option to archive a download app. I was pretty sure that I read that it would be archived to the memory card in order to save precious app memory. Otherwise what would be the purpose of archiving??
    08-05-09 05:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem with archiving. No option to select device or external card, just goes to device memory. Looked in app world help and found link to saving to card, but when i select it i get a 404 error.
    08-05-09 05:18 PM
    From my experience.. Archiving an app places it on your memory card and the app is no longer installed on your phone. I archived Talklock and it is no longer installed on my phone, but archived on my memory card. Sounds pretty pointless.

This is what I understand from personal expierence. But I could be wrong.. Somebody correct me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 05:52 PM
    Archiving is like a backup. Its meant to be archived locally so that it can be reinstalled later without needed to be connected to the network.
    08-05-09 07:25 PM
    The archiving feature is pretty dumb. Although it utilizes the memory card, it doesn't use it in the way we wanted it to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 08:13 PM
    It is made for people that don't have unlimited data, and may want to uninstall and reinstall apps without using up their data. Granted apps are typically 1mb at most, so a 500mb plan goes a long way.

It would be alot more usefull IMHO if they allowed you to archive/unarchive without having to reboot the phone. But I guess its the same as installing/uninstalling which can often require a reboot as well.
    08-05-09 08:20 PM
    Buy from the CrackBerry app store, not BB App World. They archive your purchases so you can easily download again. Many of the developers will answer your questions on this forum.

CrackBerry provides this forum, so I feel obligated to share the love by purchasing from them. The price is the same, anyway, and they get a small cut of the sale.

Friends don't let friends buy from App World.
    08-05-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD