I've recently bought a bb bold 9900 and I really love it! But I've find that there are fewer apps for the 9900 then my previous bb curve.. Is it because it's a new phone and not all the apps are adapted to the touchscreen or is there another reason?
    Last edited by Jb..; 12-14-11 at 11:36 AM.
    12-14-11 11:15 AM
    nope, youre exactly right, the developers havent submitted its OS7 compatibility.

if you can find downloads from other sources, a lot of os6 apps work fine on os7
    12-14-11 11:34 AM
    Ok thx! Hopefully it wont take to long before they do it
    12-14-11 11:37 AM
    I was disappointed that many of my favorite apps were orignally not available for the 9930 with OS7. Stitcher, Pandora, Sales Force, Weather bug to name a few.

Pandora and Sales Force are now updated to run on OS7 and are available in Blackberry App World for direct download. I contacted the folks at stitcher and they told me they were not going to offer a version compatible with OS 7, but somewhere on a blackberry d/l site I found a version that I could download (Since App World played traffic cop and said my handset was not compatible with the version on their site) and it runs just fine on my 9930. The same is true with weatherbug, it runs just as well on my 9930 as it had on my Storm 2, just smaller screen but App World still says it is incompatible with my device) Can you say "overly cautious"?

The chanllenge is to surf reputable blackberry d/l sites and find a version for OS 5 or OS 6 that the site will allow you to d/l from. For those two apps., I lucked out.

Good Luck
    12-15-11 03:56 PM
    This is one of the problems with RIM phones. When there is a major OS upgrade, there is almost always issues with app compatibly and compared to other OS markets such as iOS and Android, it takes a long time for the developers to come up updates.
    12-15-11 05:22 PM
    Why would developers invest time in RIM apps when RIM is almost at the bottom of the food chain in the apps market. That's the reason why there's next to nothing good apps for BB phones.

If I were an app developer, I'd prioritize the market where I can actually earn something out of my hardwork and would devote little time to the one who would be paying less or would expect my apps to be free.

If I were RIM, I'd sell my BBM software to Android and iOS and probably that move will make 'em visible on the map again. Or sell the whole BIS rights to the market leaders and just focus on that. BB users are only after the efficiency of email handling and BBM from their BBs, take that away from Blackberry units and it will be nothing but an ordinary phone from the era where Nokias once reign.
    Last edited by zirkwander; 12-15-11 at 05:31 PM.
    12-15-11 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD