Like a good patron I updated to the latest App World 3. However when I did this, I lost my icon to start App World. Everything was just fine and dandy until I upgraded. The old version App World worked just fine. I have searched high and low with no success.

Then last night while using Facebook, I thought I would check to see if there was an updated FB app. Was hoping to get the new privacy features for wall post. Well, unlucky me, now the FB icon is missing.

I then did a check and downloaded an app from MobiHand. That app loaded just fine and the icon is where it should be. When clicked the app opens like it should.

So my prob seems linked to RIM.

Here's what I've tried:
    (note, my phone is set to show "all" from the homescreen)

1. Removed from the application manager and reinstalled

2. Changed my default download folder to Programs

3. Removed app from app manager, then delayed all service book entries, then went to file manager and deleted folders.

4. Used the BB search for the app

5. Soft rebooted.

6. Battery pull (5 mins w/o batt)

7. Tried installing/removing/reinstalling numerous times n

All was good until I updated App World.

Torch 9800
    OS 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, platform 6.6.0.223)

Thnx Greg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 04:46 AM
    I've had that problem with a number of apps including BBM, App World itself, and a few others. I reinstall and it usually fixes the problem, but it IS a problem...
    09-20-11 07:25 AM
    Have you done a universal search to see if the app icon is on the phone but hidden in another folder? I have heard of apps hiding in the application folder and in other places.
    09-20-11 09:58 AM
    Have you done a universal search to see if the app icon is on the phone but hidden in another folder? I have heard of apps hiding in the application folder and in other places.
    Thnx for the recommendation. I have done a universal search and the icon is not found. I can actually see the app listed in App Manager, I can change permissions, but I can open the app. I can even goto the Setup screen and see the app there, click setup, hour glass comes and goes, nothing happens. The app is there, and installed, but no launch icon... Don't know what to do...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD