App World is update today blackberry.com/appworld

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mphillips828 likes this.
    04-23-12 10:57 AM
    Hope this one's better than the problem with 3.1.1.21 .
    Not showing here yet , still 3.1.1.21
    Last edited by Gordon1961; 04-23-12 at 12:43 PM.
    04-23-12 12:41 PM
    Only a slight bit off topic, but can someone help me actually get this? My Torch 9800 died the other day, and I was able to reboot it off of the desktop software. But when I used it to re install all the apps, App world came in at the old Version 2.0.3.5.

There's no option within the old appworld to update itself, and when I try from Rim's website, I'm told that my device is incapable of running App world. Now since this obviously isn't true, how on earth do I update app world?

I'm up to date with OS 6.0.0.448 on Telus.
    04-23-12 12:55 PM
    04-23-12 12:56 PM
    Only a slight bit off topic, but can someone help me actually get this? My Torch 9800 died the other day, and I was able to reboot it off of the desktop software. But when I used it to re install all the apps, App world came in at the old Version 2.0.3.5.

There's no option within the old appworld to update itself, and when I try from Rim's website, I'm told that my device is incapable of running App world. Now since this obviously isn't true, how on earth do I update app world?

I'm up to date with OS 6.0.0.448 on Telus.
    As the very first post says "App World is update today blackberry.com/appworld"

Go to BlackBerry App World on your phone and download it.

I just did...

Tim
    04-23-12 12:57 PM
    As the very first post says "App World is update today blackberry.com/appworld"

Go to BlackBerry App World on your phone and download it.

I just did...

Tim
    And as I said in my post, that isn't working, as I'm told my device is unable to run the app. And since the Torch 9800 IS in fact able to run the app, I thought I might ask for help in a thread where people might know exactly how to over come this problem.
    04-23-12 01:00 PM
    I found this article on BerryReview on the new version of AppWorld:

Updated: BlackBerry App World v3.1.2.32 Released - BerryReview

I've noticed that it has a new 'sharing' feature that uses NFC....along with what it says in the article above...
    04-23-12 01:20 PM
    One of the biggest updates and most significant in my opinion is the fact that your Handheld and Tablet applications are now separated in My World.

Others may have their own opinion though.
    dimm0k likes this.
    04-23-12 02:16 PM
    Updated mine already, just haven't rebooted yet. I did notice the sharing featues, which is an awesome addon!
    04-23-12 02:16 PM
    One of the biggest updates and most significant in my opinion is the fact that your Handheld and Tablet applications are now separated in My World.

This was THE only reason I'm upgrading... it was so annoying sifting through so much crap that you can't even use...

Damn, I upgraded but now when I try to start App World it freezes... let me remove and install again.
    04-23-12 02:44 PM
    Looks like I'm good to go now... I'm on Sprint, but I noticed there's a "Verizon" button in App World. Anyone else with this?
    04-23-12 02:54 PM
    And as I said in my post, that isn't working, as I'm told my device is unable to run the app. And since the Torch 9800 IS in fact able to run the app, I thought I might ask for help in a thread where people might know exactly how to over come this problem.
    Not sure if it will help or not but I was using the beta version from www.blackberry.com/beta and then used the link in the first post and it worked for me.
    Jon
    04-23-12 03:48 PM
    Still no fix for app world "crashing" when connected to Wifi.
    04-23-12 04:45 PM
    Still no fix for app world "crashing" when connected to Wifi.
    Try alt-RST, it should work then, if not, reinstall it after removal.

Mine works fine.
    04-23-12 04:47 PM
    What crashing on wi-fi? Not here on my 9800, even on the last version.

One issue I did have - after upgrading and the requisite reboot, App World wouldn't start up. The app icon was there, but nothing would happen when I clicked on it. Rebooted again and it worked fine.

What I don't like is the way it lists apps - only 25 at a time and although it will refresh when you get to the end, it arbitrarily scatters the next 25 throughout the list - even when listed alphabetically. Making going through the list quite a bit of a pain because it always goes back to the top of the list.
    04-23-12 09:02 PM
    How can I connect App World to BBM?
    04-23-12 10:36 PM
    My Appworld icon is bigger than normal after the upgrade!!!!
    04-23-12 11:36 PM
    How can I connect App World to BBM?
    I did that by downloading an app and then it prompted me to connect appworld to bbm.
    04-24-12 12:34 AM
    I did that by downloading an app and then it prompted me to connect appworld to bbm.
    I don't have any prompt when I update my App world.
    04-24-12 12:38 AM
    I updated the software this morning and since my phone is crashing, texts and calls aren't coming through, I keep resetting it by taking the battery out but it's not doing anything...please help!
    04-24-12 06:35 AM

I updated my OS to 7.1.0.402 and appworld showed up with these updates (separate entries for handheld and tablet) and I am still using version 3.1.2.26. I have not been able to download the latest version so I wonder what else could be new and improved...
    04-24-12 09:09 AM
    App World no longer shows all my installed apps? Just noticed that it gets to half of my list and the rest just aren't shown... anyone else see this?
    04-24-12 12:04 PM
    Anyone able to open App World via Quicklaunch? I couldn't get it to open when I had the beta version either.
    04-24-12 12:10 PM
    i think someone mentioned it before but i think the main upgrade to this version was the share feature which uses nfc to im assuming share with friends the apps u have so they can get them to im not to sure since i dont know anyone else with one i can test it out with but here are some pics of what it looks like in app world
    04-27-12 12:01 AM
    The new version is not good at all.. Listing is not as we set it to be and I still can't download anything from AppWorld since I've upgraded to this new version, from my BB or through PC, have done several restarts to no avail and can no longer start it up from Hotkey Manager while the previous version does..
    Last edited by screw666; 04-27-12 at 10:54 AM.
    04-27-12 09:20 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD