Is anyone else having problems on the new appworld on a 9700 OS 5.0?

If I click on the Apps icon from the home screen, I just go to a blank blue screen.

If I click on one of my actual apps inside app world that may be ready for an upgrade, I just go to a blank blue screen.

No descriptions, no nothing... If I click on the blackberry button, there is an option to go ahead and download the app, but I don't want to download anything I can't preview.

Any suggestions or fixes? If not, is there a way to downgrade to the old version (which seemed to work fine, by the way)

Thanks

P.S. For the record, I did indeed uninstall app world, and then reinstall it.

My complete operating system # is 5.0.0.405 (Platform 5.1.0.112)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by the_quadfather; 09-21-11 at 04:53 PM. Reason: More info on problem
    09-21-11 03:01 PM
    I've tried searching the forum, and haven't found a solution at all... any help will be appreciated.

This was, of course, a shameless "bump" to the top
    09-21-11 04:54 PM
    I've tried searching the forum, and haven't found a solution at all... any help will be appreciated.

This was, of course, a shameless "bump" to the top
    Although you did not need to uninstall appWorld to install the new version you are ok and did nothing wrong just for the future.

Why don't you go to the App World website and send it to your phone via email andthen install it from the link that is sent to you. The one thing you have to do after the install and it will prompt you to reboot your device to finish the install.

I DO beleive I understand that you don't want to install what you can't see but believe me I installed 3.0 on my TOur having OS 5.0 when it came out of beta and now have it on my Bold 9930 the latest version that was pushed to my new phone and just installed it by clicking on the message I received in my message folder. I am having no problems with it and suggest you retry again and then after reboot I think you should be ok.

If not try a physical battery pull if you were not using a 3rd party battery or device app like quickpull do reboot your BB. Good luck.
    09-21-11 06:25 PM
    Although you did not need to uninstall appWorld to install the new version you are ok and did nothing wrong just for the future.

Why don't you go to the App World website and send it to your phone via email andthen install it from the link that is sent to you. The one thing you have to do after the install and it will prompt you to reboot your device to finish the install.

I DO beleive I understand that you don't want to install what you can't see but believe me I installed 3.0 on my TOur having OS 5.0 when it came out of beta and now have it on my Bold 9930 the latest version that was pushed to my new phone and just installed it by clicking on the message I received in my message folder. I am having no problems with it and suggest you retry again and then after reboot I think you should be ok.

If not try a physical battery pull if you were not using a 3rd party battery or device app like quickpull do reboot your BB. Good luck.
    I must not have posed the question right... The problem is not with installing the upgrade to appworld 3.0.0.73. I did it as soon as it was pushed to my phone.

The problem is that inside of app world, you can't see the apps, descriptions, or anything else. All you get on my phone is a blank blue (some say purple who have the same problem) screen

So, I deleted the app, and reinstalled it... SAME problem.

I don't know what's going on. I've found a few other people who have said they had the same problem, but no one has offered a solution I can find on any forum...
    09-22-11 10:01 AM
    i've got the same problem. i can't see anything just a blank screen
    09-22-11 10:17 PM
    It's been about a month since the last post. Has anyone found a resolution to this? BlackBerry is still pushing App World 3.0.0.73 which still does not work on my TMo 9700 with OS 5.0.0.330.

TwoMike
    10-18-11 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD