Hello, bold user, OS .282, everytime i install in update via app world, its not until after i install it that that stupid annoying useless icon appears on the homescreen, it never goes away, after a battery pull, i mean, its a joke, much like the app world itself. why does it appear AFTER i install the update, i have to remove app world to get rid of it...altho app world pretty much is a waste of room anyway
    08-15-09 04:22 PM
    Uhh, I think you might want to try moving the icon down, rather than uninstall it. I think that in most, if not all, Themes whichever icons are at the top will show on the Home screen.

Try this - from Home Screen:
    a) Menu key
    b) scroll to the App world icon (should be up high)
    c) Menu key -> Move (select)
    d) Scroll down to the bottom
    e) Select button to stop moving
    08-15-09 05:50 PM
    He's not talking about the icon to launch app world. He's talking about the update indicator that appears where your 'new message' icons show. I'm having the same problem with my Tour. It won't go away.
    08-15-09 05:53 PM
    i clear the icon in my email folder...sometimes i have to scroll up to the top again to see the notification, but it's there with my emails...just delete it and the icon goes away. i hope i understood the problem.
    08-15-09 07:04 PM
    i was having the same issue with my tour and did not realize i had not deleted the messages in my mail folder. thanks Bucks13 that worked well.
    08-31-09 07:25 PM
    Another thing I wish they would change with Appworld is the ability to save to your sd card. I use Aerize card loader and if I download ota all is well. Unfortunately more and more developers are only offering Appworld as a download option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD