can i know where to find the app world icon ahmed? i downloaded it but the devise did not restart
    08-19-10 07:33 PM
    @ illusionz11 u can use restartme, it is free application google it or u can download it OTA from crackberry free apps.

@ v41n

Just follow my instructions and make sure that u do a clean installation, i mean to delete any previous copy and install any of the copies provided in this topic.. and it will shown up and will works fine..
    08-19-10 07:52 PM
    ok things are geting werid with this app world thingy, the app world worked marvelously earlier for 2 days but now its giving me a weird error.
    It says
    "Blackberry App World is having trouble cponnecting to the Blackberry App World Server.Verify your network connections and try again.

Any fix for this ??
    Regards
    08-20-10 09:20 AM
    Hi all

I've attached the COD files for App World for those who are looking for it. This will be very useful for whoever is living in one of App World's unsupported countries. However, the issue of the icon disappearing has not been solved for 9700 users yet . It worked great on my 8900 though

How to install COD files:

1. Extract the files
    2. Download an application called BBSAK
    3. Run BBSAK
    4. On BBSAK, go to Modify CODs tab
    5. Click on install COD(s)
    6. Direct it to the downloaded extracted folder ( BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.33 )
    7. Select all COD files
    8. Click Open/ok

Your phone will reboot after the installation is over . . .

Edit:
    just got a confirmation that it works on the 9700. I tried it and it did
    the BBSAK doesnt work with me :/
    08-21-10 06:18 AM
    ok things are geting werid with this app world thingy, the app world worked marvelously earlier for 2 days but now its giving me a weird error.
    It says
    "Blackberry App World is having trouble cponnecting to the Blackberry App World Server.Verify your network connections and try again.

Any fix for this ??
    Regards
    Look - App World 2.0
    08-21-10 06:26 AM
    can i know where to find the app world icon ahmed? i downloaded it but the devise did not restart
    it should show either in the Home Screen or Downloads folder . .

>> Try a battery Pull ( while the BB is on, take the battery out and put it back in after few minutes )
    08-21-10 08:10 AM
    Hello,

I proceeded according to instructions but when i try to connect bb app world, the application shows me this alert: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." I trying connection via WiFi on the BB Bold 9700. Do you know something about this alert?
    08-22-10 05:42 AM
    Hello,

I proceeded according to instructions but when i try to connect bb app world, the application shows me this alert: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." I trying connection via WiFi on the BB Bold 9700. Do you know something about this alert?
    you should have a data plan ( BIS or BES ) for App World to Work

Welcome To CrackBerry.com !
    08-22-10 07:21 AM
    you should have a data plan ( BIS or BES ) for App World to Work

Welcome To CrackBerry.com !
    The problem was with BB App World v2. For this version I must turn off the mobile site and connect to BB App World via WiFi.
    Last edited by newermore; 08-23-10 at 10:16 AM.
    08-23-10 09:44 AM
    I've added some OTA Download links of an older App World Version for all OSes
    08-25-10 06:53 AM
    I've added some OTA Download links of an older App World Version for all OSes
    Ok thanks Ahmed G. But the file u uploaded to rapidshare has expired and cannot be downloaded anymore. Please upload it again as I'm in an unsupported country

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 01:04 AM
    Hi Amed I tried this and installed but I got this "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

How can I solve this??
    09-02-10 08:05 AM
    UPDATE

To install the Latest App World do the following:

You will need to remove/delete the pre-loaded App World from your BB by going to options > applications > (add-on or Core )

1. On your BlackBerry, go to Manage Connections
    2. Turn off all connections except Wi-Fi
    3. Open Browser and type: (http://www(dot)blackberry(dot)com/appworld)
    4. Follow the prompts, download and install. Reboot
    5. Open App World and create an account ( email + password )
    6. Enjoy App World over Wi-fi

Note: Whenever you want to use App World, just Turn OFF Mobile Network and use it over wi-fi. If Mobile Network is turned ON, you can't use it and it will say that ''your device doesn't meet the basic requirements''
    09-04-10 11:34 AM
    UPDATE

To install the Latest App World do the following:

You will need to remove/delete the pre-loaded App World from your BB by going to options > applications > (add-on or Core )

1. On your BlackBerry, go to Manage Connections
    2. Turn off all connections except Wi-Fi
    3. Open Browser and type: (http://www(dot)blackberry(dot)com/appworld)
    4. Follow the prompts, download and install. Reboot
    5. Open App World and create an account ( email + password )
    6. Enjoy App World over Wi-fi

Note: Whenever you want to use App World, just Turn OFF Mobile Network and use it over wi-fi. If Mobile Network is turned ON, you can't use it and it will say that ''your device doesn't meet the basic requirements''
    Hi Ahmed,
    I followed the instructions and this is the message I get when I'm only on Wi-Fi and start AppWorld "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off."
    I need help?
    Fehr
    09-23-10 08:02 PM
    Hi Ahmed,
    I followed the instructions and this is the message I get when I'm only on Wi-Fi and start AppWorld "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off."
    I need help?
    Fehr
    Make sure that the Wi-Fi Icon is White. If it is not, reset your router with a toothpick ( Reset Button on the back )
    09-25-10 04:14 PM
    Make sure that the Wi-Fi Icon is White. If it is not, reset your router with a toothpick ( Reset Button on the back )
    Thx, now it works

What does t mean when the wi-fi icon is white or gray.
    09-26-10 05:48 PM
    The White Wi-Fi icon means that Wi-Fi is ON and you are connected to the BlackBerry data service

The Grey icon means that Wi-Fi is ON, but you are NOT connected to the BlackBerry data service
    09-28-10 06:48 AM
    Didn't work for me - I installed the new version but it still remembered my old account name and which country I was in stopping me downloading US only stuff....
    10-07-10 02:25 PM
    Ahmed
    i've white WiFi logo
    and browser is working fine
    but still getting this error

"you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off."
    10-18-10 05:56 AM
    hello
    its not working now over the wifi
    any solution please
    Last edited by bimoo; 10-28-10 at 03:44 PM.
    10-28-10 03:41 PM
    i've had this working for a while on my 9700 running OS5 in Dubai (UAE), linked to a paypal account and i even purchased and installed some non-free apps without problems..

however now that i've upgraded to OS6, it came preloaded with Blackberry App World 2.0.1.12 which doesn't work on WIFI alone, meaning when i turn off the mobile network and turn on WIFI i get this error when i start it "You do not have sufficient wireless coverage"
    well BIS is connected over WIFI (white icon) and i can browse, send/receive emails and BBM, etc.. only app world doesn't work

i guess this later version requires the mobile data network be connected so they once again blocked all of us that had the workaround
    11-03-10 03:03 PM
    i've had this working for a while on my 9700 running OS5 in Dubai (UAE), linked to a paypal account and i even purchased and installed some non-free apps without problems..

however now that i've upgraded to OS6, it came preloaded with Blackberry App World 2.0.1.12 which doesn't work on WIFI alone, meaning when i turn off the mobile network and turn on WIFI i get this error when i start it "You do not have sufficient wireless coverage"
    well BIS is connected over WIFI (white icon) and i can browse, send/receive emails and BBM, etc.. only app world doesn't work

i guess this later version requires the mobile data network be connected so they once again blocked all of us that had the workaround
    uninstall it and install ver. 1.1.0.17 it will work on wifi but 1st open it while the phone network is on then turn it off and keep wifi is on .
    this is what i did and its working for my OS 5 bold 9700
    11-03-10 03:39 PM
    so..where can i locate a version 1.1.0.17 thats for os6
    11-21-10 05:37 AM
    hello, I'm new and I bought a BB 9700 with OS6, but I live in Croatia, which is not supported for the app world, so you can not download any app from the app world, I see that this is mostly just talking about OS5, so I am interested in whether you have any information on how to set it to OS6.

Thank you in advance

Ivan
    12-24-10 06:13 PM
    You got a new 9700 preloaded with OS6? Or was it used and upgraded by the previous owner?

Eitherway, the info here works for OS6 same as OS5.. Remove all traces of app world if you have it currently installed (it maybe on even if it doesn't show)

Download and install App world V1.1.0.33 using BBSAK or directly through javaloader

There's a thread here somewhere that has the version above packed with a batch file that does the job for you.. Search for "app world fix"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 11:11 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD