UPDATE

To install the Latest App World Availabe in an unsupported country, do the following:

You will need to remove/delete the pre-loaded App World from your BB by going to options > applications > (add-on or Core )

1. On your BlackBerry, go to Manage Connections
    2. Turn off all connections except Wi-Fi
    3. Open Browser and type: (http://www(dot)blackberry(dot)com/appworld)
    4. Follow the prompts, download and install. Reboot
    5. Open App World and create an account ( email + password )
    6. Enjoy App World over Wi-fi

Note: You can only use it over wi-fi and Mobile Network OFF. If you turned Mobile Network ON, you can't use it and it will say that ''your device doesn't meet the basic requirements''
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to install COD files

Attached is a folder with the COD files for App World 1.1.0.33. This will be very useful for whoever is living in one of App World's unsupported countries.

1. Extract the files
    2. Download an application called BBSAK
    3. Run BBSAK
    4. On BBSAK, go to Modify CODs tab
    5. Click on install COD(s)
    6. Direct it to the downloaded extracted folder ( BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.33 )
    7. Select all COD files
    8. Click Open/ok

Your phone will reboot after the installation is over . . .

Note: You will need to remove/delete App World from your BB by going to options > applications > (add-on or Core )
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Some older versions _ OTA Links

OTA Download for OS 4.5

OTA Download for OS 4.6

OTA Download for OS 4.7

OTA Download for OS 5.0
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 09-05-10 at 08:35 PM.
    brenkh, Keroloss, aymanoo1 and 4 others like this.
    08-10-10 03:51 AM
    Where's d link nd also can u help us wit the link4 the BBSAK??? Am a newbie and wld really appreciate!!! Also how do I extract files with my Blackberry?? Is it possible???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 04:00 AM
    You should download it to your PC, right click on the downloaded folder and then select extract. This is not an OTA download to App World.

Link to BBSAK is found at my signature.
    08-10-10 04:08 AM
    Ok I'm to do all these thru a laptop right??? Nd ur signature can it be viewed thru a laptop only cos I can't see it wit my bb

08-10-10 06:14 AM
    Ok I'm to do all these thru a laptop right??? Nd ur signature can it be viewed thru a laptop only cos I can't see it wit my bb

Yeah, PC only.
    08-10-10 06:46 AM
    Is it possible to get the latest 1.1.035 using jad/cod install?
    Thanks-
    08-12-10 12:59 AM
    Is it possible to get the latest 1.1.035 using jad/cod install?
    Thanks-
    It's not available yet as COD by I'll keep an eye on it and once it is, I'll share it ;D
    08-12-10 03:49 AM
    Thanks Ahmed.
    My little brother, who lives in the US has the latest app world.
    Is it possible to extract/copy the jad/cod files?
    08-12-10 10:01 AM
    dear ahmed,

I confirm that it works fine with bold 9700 verry well, and the issue is to install any of app world via loader.exe as it comes with the updates os .862 and then install the cod files, i have tried it and it works verry well.. thanks for sharing. ..

Ahmed
    08-12-10 04:41 PM
    i've just installed the latest os .862 too and realized that it comes with appworld 1.1.0.35. when i go to options -> Applications -> Add-on, it clearly shows it as clearly being installed. However, the icon is now where to be seen in the phone...i looked everywhere.
    I googled the issue and it seems to be known that the icon goes missing when upgrading the OS. Some ppl where able to recover it by a simple battery pull. Others had to do a total security wipe.
    Battery pull didnt work for me. I dont want to do the total security wipe because i would have to reinstall and reconfigure a lots of things.
    Any ideas?
    08-12-10 05:50 PM
    dear ahmed,

I confirm that it works fine with bold 9700 verry well, and the issue is to install any of app world via loader.exe as it comes with the updates os .862 and then install the cod files, i have tried it and it works verry well.. thanks for sharing. ..

Ahmed
    Excellent news . . you're welcome!
    08-13-10 05:20 AM
    Thanks Ahmed.
    My little brother, who lives in the US has the latest app world.
    Is it possible to extract/copy the jad/cod files?
    yes, I believe it is possible. Let him use BBSAK to backup his applications and then select and copy App World's COD files in c:/program files/BBSAK/Backup.

Then, ask him to put them in a folder and send it to you. Now, you also use BBSAK to install the COD files from the sent folder to your BlackBerry
    08-13-10 05:27 AM
    i've just installed the latest os .862 too and realized that it comes with appworld 1.1.0.35. when i go to options -> Applications -> Add-on, it clearly shows it as clearly being installed. However, the icon is now where to be seen in the phone...i looked everywhere.
    I googled the issue and it seems to be known that the icon goes missing when upgrading the OS. Some ppl where able to recover it by a simple battery pull. Others had to do a total security wipe.
    Battery pull didnt work for me. I dont want to do the total security wipe because i would have to reinstall and reconfigure a lots of things.
    Any ideas?
    Do what Snakecdboy suggested in his post above
    08-13-10 05:28 AM
    Thanks for this rip! However may i know if there is a way to get the app world to work through wifi..? As far as i know a bb plan is still required to access the app world because the authentication is still based on RIM's servers (even with the app world being force installed) but im just wondering if it's possible somehow?
    Last edited by Mr.Storm; 08-13-10 at 06:41 AM.
    08-13-10 06:33 AM
    Thanks for this rip! However may i know if there is a way to get the app world to work through wifi..? As far as i know a bb plan is still required to access the app world because the authentication is still based on RIM's servers (even with the app world being force installed) but im just wondering if it's possible somehow?
    yeah, you still need a data plan from it to work.
    08-13-10 08:05 AM
    i hv done it but now cn u please guide where to find it in hndheld nd how to get sm apps???
    08-15-10 08:25 AM
    i hv done it but now cn u please guide where to find it in hndheld nd how to get sm apps???
    An Icon should show up on your menu ( look inside folders too ). The icon is a black Circle with BB logo in the middle.

Open it and go to ''top free'' or simply search for the apps you have in mind
    08-15-10 11:29 AM
    whats the difference with the previous app world?I dont see any difference..
    08-15-10 11:51 AM
    i have tried all this process but the app world icon doesnt seem to be there.
    I installed the core app world from .862 and then installed the cod files via BBSAK, but it doesnt seems to be there.The icon is not showing though..
    Please help am i doing something wrong ??
    08-18-10 07:50 PM
    i have tried all this process but the app world icon doesnt seem to be there.
    I installed the core app world from .862 and then installed the cod files via BBSAK, but it doesnt seems to be there.The icon is not showing though..
    Please help am i doing something wrong ??
    Dear,
    I have tried with many bold 9700 some of them accept and the others doesnt, but eventually I have reached a solution for all.

fire up your application loader and remove the application world, you can do it from your blackberry options--->applications--->delete app world.

it will ask you for a reboot, press yes.

now run BBSAK and do install cods, and hereunder you will find the latest version of app world 1.1.0.35 and already tested for bold 9700 and the icon is already there .. enjoy ur app world and your bold 9700..

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by snakecdboy; 08-18-10 at 08:58 PM.
    08-18-10 08:25 PM
    if this works, ill treat u when eva u come to DUbai
    08-18-10 08:54 PM
    the phone even restarted this time but could not fine apps world anywhere
    am using bold 9000 with 4.6 version
    08-19-10 07:56 AM
    @ illusionz11

please follow the last instructions and make sure that u have deleted the original app world form ur device that comes with device update..

install the cod files with BBASK, and u can install eaither the 1.1.0.33 or the latest copy that i have uploaded above mentioned..

it will work fine after the battery pull.
    08-19-10 08:10 AM
    This is Super Awesome.It worked
    I Really owe u one man!
    Thanks a Bunch, It Really workes

I tried so many things, ended up doing a security wipe also but in the end it worked
    So im happy!!
    Thanks a bunch mate!
    08-19-10 11:08 AM
    @ illusionz11

please follow the last instructions and make sure that u have deleted the original app world form ur device that comes with device update..

install the cod files with BBASK, and u can install eaither the 1.1.0.33 or the latest copy that i have uploaded above mentioned..

it will work fine after the battery pull.
    Ok lemme try I think I hv nt deleted the old apps world.. Ny way will it only work after battrey pull or reboot can do it? Coz my back cover is evn nt cming out
    08-19-10 05:50 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD