Hi, everyone!

I've had my 9780 for almost a year and have had minimal problems other than the battery (I need to replace it soon). I've noticed that for the last few hours, I cannot close my Weather Network app. It won't "exit" it when I go the the options screen; and even after turning the phone off and on as well as doing a battery pull, I can't close the app (though I could "exit" the program once, it still wouldn't close). I really don't know why it won't close. It makes me nervous, because my battery is already in need of a replacement and will die early; so having this app running all the time will not be good. I don't really want to delete it and then re-install it... I'd appreciate any advice! Thank you so much!
    06-08-12 12:10 AM
    Hi, everyone!

I've had my 9780 for almost a year and have had minimal problems other than the battery (I need to replace it soon). I've noticed that for the last few hours, I cannot close my Weather Network app. It won't "exit" it when I go the the options screen; and even after turning the phone off and on as well as doing a battery pull, I can't close the app (though I could "exit" the program once, it still wouldn't close). I really don't know why it won't close. It makes me nervous, because my battery is already in need of a replacement and will die early; so having this app running all the time will not be good. I don't really want to delete it and then re-install it... I'd appreciate any advice! Thank you so much!
    You could always try and fiddle with the escreens. In that link there was someone who figured out how to close processes! BUT PLEASE TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WITH THE ESCREEN!! You might end up with a pretty nice looking hockey puck or a paper weight of a phone!! :P In other words, you might your BB entirely useless.. Nothing will help then..

Or you can always delete it and go for the accuweather app!
    06-08-12 01:26 AM
    Thank you! So far, it looks as if my battery hasn't been affected too much. If it stays like this, I won't mind keeping the app running. If it gets worse, I will delete the app and maybe re-install The Weather Network again.

I have no idea what escreens are, but I can guarantee that if I did fiddle with them, my phone would die. Lol. But thank you for the suggestion!
    06-08-12 09:19 PM
    While e-screens would be a solution, I would definitely not recommend it for something relatively trivial as this. If the problem continues, I would rather delete the offending app or roll back to a known stable version, if available.
    06-09-12 12:13 AM
    Thank you! This app actually has not affected my battery life... I actually see a huge improvement with it; which is weird. It is a very trivial problem as you stated - it was annoying at first, but now I don't mind. As you state, if the app causes me any issues, I will delete it and re-install it.
    06-10-12 01:30 PM
    Thank you! This app actually has not affected my battery life... I actually see a huge improvement with it; which is weird. It is a very trivial problem as you stated - it was annoying at first, but now I don't mind. As you state, if the app causes me any issues, I will delete it and re-install it.
    An app that improves the battery performance?? Wow.. name it again pls.. lemme download it.. :P
    06-11-12 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD