Winter's on the horizon.. just wonderin'.. what app do you guys know of that works best for weather? maybe something that checks your location through the GPS and tells you the weather? and can also tell you a zipcode weather?

Cheers
    10-28-08 11:24 PM
    Oh, TeleNav will check your weather via GPS, or where ever you are traveling.

I find BBWeather one of the best and most customizable weather apps out.
    10-28-08 11:27 PM
    How does TeleNav check my weather?
    10-28-08 11:30 PM
    This has been discussed many, many times. The end result? Everyone has a different opinion and there is no "best". It's kind of like the difference between kayaking and canoeing--they're both fun, just for different reasons.

If you want the reasons, use the search function and read what others have to say.

Since I've written this much here, I might as well say, my favorite is "Weather Bug".
    10-28-08 11:36 PM
    Weather Eye, acurate, easy to use and configure and it's free!!!
    10-29-08 08:45 AM
    I do not have or use GPS so I utilize Viigo on my phone and through the weather tab I enter my zip codes (home and work since they are about 30 minutes away) and I am good to go. Viigo also uses little memory to have installed since it basically just "links" you to the online news and services. And it is free, right here on Crackberry.
    10-29-08 09:26 AM
    I use viigo. It helps me out pretty accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 08:06 PM
    As mentioned, there's about a thousand personal opinions on this subject. I tried a couple out before I finally settled on WeatherBug Direct. Please note that this is not WeatherBug Mobile which requires a subscription. I'm not really sure what the difference is, but for me free is always better .
    10-30-08 09:32 AM
    I use Weather Bug Direct as well, WeatherEye was not updating all the time...
    10-30-08 10:18 AM
    Take a look at the new Web Signals service that Blackberry is offering. One service is from Accuweather.com. It has an icon that reflects current conditions and when the icon is highlighted, it shows the current day forecast from Accuweather.com. When you press the icon, it opens the Accuweather.com webpage with your five day forecast and allows you to select a 10 day, hourly forecast, satellite, etc. It's also free and takes up minimal memory.

Here's the link for Blackberry Web Signals: BlackBerry - Web Signals
    10-30-08 03:02 PM
    Take a look at the new Web Signals service that Blackberry is offering. One service is from Accuweather.com. It has an icon that reflects current conditions and when the icon is highlighted, it shows the current day forecast from Accuweather.com. When you press the icon, it opens the Accuweather.com webpage with your five day forecast and allows you to select a 10 day, hourly forecast, satellite, etc. It's also free and takes up minimal memory.

Here's the link for Blackberry Web Signals: BlackBerry - Web Signals
    Can you tell me more about these Web Signals? What are they?
    11-03-08 03:43 PM
    Can you tell me more about these Web Signals? What are they?
    They are push applications that reside on your BlackBerry. The Accuweather web signal has an icon that reflects the current conditions (e.g. cloudy, sunny, raining, etc.) and the forecast for the location you designate at the bottom of the screen, like this:

When you press the icon, it opens your web browser to a page like this:

It's simple and direct and uses almost no resources.
    11-09-08 03:02 PM
    imma check that out... im used to weather eye, but this seems better for my berry

11-09-08 03:04 PM
    I use Viigo and it works nice for me
    11-10-08 11:36 AM
    I used PocketExpress. Offered free for me. Weather updates based on current location, or ZIP code. Also offers sports scores and schedules/standings, News and additional services include 411, flight/travel tracking, Entertainment (movie times, etc) stocks, maps, etc. Not bad.
    11-10-08 04:05 PM
    Weathereye for me, but that does look nice...might have to give it a shot. Any idea which may use less memory?

11-10-08 05:27 PM

It's simple and direct and uses almost no resources.
    It looked great so I went and downloaded it. It asked me my city, and I wrote Toronto. It showed me three choices for Toronto, all in the US. So there is no service in Canada? I am still waiting for the icon to appear, apparently it can take up to 4 hours or so, but I may need to uninstall it if I don't get info for my city.
    Anyone know about this?
    11-10-08 09:28 PM
    I use two: weather bug and the accuweather push service.
    11-10-08 09:40 PM
    I use pocket express also. I love it, sports updates, news, and lots of other stuff, including weather. It's been pretty accurate. I used it while one the way to ATL to check the local weather.
    11-10-08 09:42 PM
    viigo has been pretty solid for me, no complaints.
    11-10-08 09:53 PM
    i subscribed to accuweather push service and the icon never appeared on my list. so i unsubscribed then subscribed again. now another supposed three hours until the icon will appear. we'll see, this app looks really cool.
    11-11-08 11:11 AM
    i subscribed to accuweather push service and the icon never appeared on my list. so i unsubscribed then subscribed again. now another supposed three hours until the icon will appear. we'll see, this app looks really cool.
    So the icon didn't appear on my BlackBerry either, plus the possibility of it not working in Canada... How did you unsubscribe? I think that's what I want to do.
    11-11-08 11:19 AM
    Thanks I will try web signal I am useing weatherbug direct
    11-11-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD