I likey a lot.
    07-28-10 07:24 PM
    Grrrr�

For some reason all of the BEx folders are all listed under Pictures:

Super-annoying every time I want to save into my Wallpaper folder (very often) which is now like 12th in the list.

I'm a little afraid to move them around and have the app lose its path to the selected icon set folder.
    But oh well, I guess I'll have to experiment unless anyone has any bright ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just hide the folders. Pictures>options>excludes folders
    07-28-10 07:36 PM
    Is there a way to cut out an image, for example a face, so that there is not a square background around it? Just the cut out image. I tried this in Paint and it just ended up putting another square background on it. My photo editing skills are pretty limited.
    07-28-10 09:07 PM
    Is there a way to cut out an image, for example a face, so that there is not a square background around it? Just the cut out image. I tried this in Paint and it just ended up putting another square background on it. My photo editing skills are pretty limited.
    I bet there is, while we're on the topic of battery skins, I think we need a new thread. We are really the only ones who know this one, I have many contacting me saying they cannot find this thread. The more exposure, the more people who will create them and share. I think we should call it Share your favorite batteryex skin. What do you guys think? I think BT should create it as well...
    07-28-10 09:11 PM
    I bet there is, while we're on the topic of battery skins, I think we need a new thread. We are really the only ones who know this one, I have many contacting me saying they cannot find this thread. The more exposure, the more people who will create them and share. I think we should call it Share your favorite batteryex skin. What do you guys think? I think BT should create it as well...
    That's a really good idea...

07-28-10 09:33 PM
    +1 on creating a skin thread.

Also, some of the girls in my bbm are going skin crazy and we havea ton of girly ones. Cathy, hit me up!
    07-28-10 09:35 PM
    Thanks for the tip, now I'm no annoyed and it was easy as pie

07-28-10 11:16 PM
    Skins on this thread so far are very nice... Great Job, Keep them coming... ;=)
    07-28-10 11:24 PM
    Many thanks to all who contributed help to us in thread (M4dev, Blast Tyrant, LuJuCa, Andyahs and any others I may have overlooked). I am going to give this a go! Thank you for the step by step tutorials!
    07-29-10 02:08 AM
    Oh sweet lordy! Thank you so much for this!

Good thing I didn't have the time to spare yesterday moving around folders.

I haven't looked at the options in Media or Pictures for so long because they're so wonky or redundant mostly. Didn't even occur to me! Thanks again!

07-29-10 03:21 AM
    while we're on the topic of battery skins, I think we need a new thread. We are really the only ones who know this one, I have many contacting me saying they cannot find this thread. The more exposure, the more people who will create them and share. I think we should call it Share your favorite batteryex skin. What do you guys think? I think BT should create it as well...
    +1 on creating a skin thread.
    +1 more!

What does everyone think, should the new "Share your BatteryEx Skins" thread be in 3rd Party Apps or BB Discussion? I'm thinking 3rd Party Apps, and we try to have a Mod make it a Sticky there.

Go forth and post, BlastTyrant!

07-29-10 03:30 AM
    yes!!!!!!!!!!! thread!
    07-29-10 04:55 AM
    yes!!!!!!!!!!! thread!
    Back to the actual app...not getting icon on home page??? Allowed all permissions??? Did batt pull..??? What am I missing??

Last edited by j.p.hatfield; 07-29-10 at 07:29 AM.
    07-29-10 07:25 AM
    Back to the actual app...not getting icon on home page??? Allowed all permissions??? Did batt pull..??? What am I missing??

Did you enable the home screen icon under the display tab?

07-29-10 07:40 AM
    You need to put the image on a transparent background...I know Photo Bucket has this option under edit, not sure about Photo Shop.......
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 07-29-10 at 10:35 AM.
    07-29-10 10:25 AM
    Ok, I'm gonna attempt to this... but how exactly to you resize the icon? Do you need a separate program?
    07-29-10 10:51 AM
    Ok, I'm gonna attempt to this... but how exactly to you resize the icon? Do you need a separate program?
    There are many programs/sites..I use Photo Bucket because I am used to it, I know a lot of people use Photo Shop
    07-29-10 11:12 AM
    There are many programs/sites..I use Photo Bucket because I am used to it, I know a lot of people use Photo Shop
    Thanks. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. LOL!
    07-29-10 11:17 AM
    For those having trouble adding Icons this may help. First open up your Media Folder in Windows:

Double Click to Open your Blackberry Folder (Your memory Card):

Locate the m4dev Folder and Open that:

Create a 'Skins' Folder inside the m4dev folder and Open that:

Name a New Folder 'BatteryEx' and Open that:

Place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: Make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each Icon set.

Go to the application scroll to the Skin Tab and chose your skin:

Berry helpful tutorials Andy!! Thank you very much!!!
    07-29-10 11:28 AM
    A good, free program for resizing is IrfanView. I didn't realize you could edit photos on photobucket. I'll have to wait until I'm home to try it.
    07-29-10 11:41 AM
    Here are some heart skins that BT sent me..I did nothing with these, he sent the set complete........................
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    07-29-10 12:41 PM
    +1 more!

What does everyone think, should the new "Share your BatteryEx Skins" thread be in 3rd Party Apps or BB Discussion? I'm thinking 3rd Party Apps, and we try to have a Mod make it a Sticky there.

Go forth and post, BlastTyrant!

sound good to me also!! and cami i will email you re the girly skins, thanks!!!!!
    07-29-10 12:42 PM
    Thanks for the heart skins, BT & LuJuCa!!
    07-29-10 01:13 PM
    These were made by Julie Leak here at CB. I am just posting them. If you want to thank her, do it here..please do not send her requests to make skins for you....they will most likely be ignored.....I have been told when she or her peeps have some new ones they will share with all of you
    07-29-10 01:55 PM
    Thanks LuCuJu for posting these and Julie for making them.
    07-29-10 03:32 PM
5,330 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD