07-21-14 08:36 PM
5,330 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Grrrr…

For some reason all of the BEx folders are all listed under Pictures:

Super-annoying every time I want to save into my Wallpaper folder (very often) which is now like 12th in the list.

I'm a little afraid to move them around and have the app lose its path to the selected icon set folder.
    But oh well, I guess I'll have to experiment unless anyone has any bright ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 01:13 AM
    Grrrr…

For some reason all of the BEx folders are all listed under Pictures:

Super-annoying every time I want to save into my Wallpaper folder (very often) which is now like 12th in the list.

I'm a little afraid to move them around and have the app lose its path to the selected icon set folder.
    But oh well, I guess I'll have to experiment unless anyone has any bright ideas.

Mines looks like that too. I've given up on saving walls in my wallpaper folder. Does anyone know if it needs to be in pictures folder?
    07-28-10 01:34 AM
    To get rid of the folders that show up in your pictures folder, you can do it the way I did it. Rename the folder that appears in "Pictures". Then, I moved the icons, one by one, into the properly named folder that I created in BattEx. When the folder in "Pictures" was empty, I simply deleted it. That got rid of the entry in "Pictures". I'm not counting the dozens of times I navigated back to the BattEx folder just to verify everything was where it was supposed to be LOL. I'm not saying this is the ONLY to do it, but it's the only way I felt comfortable doing it. I hope this helps a little.

07-28-10 01:51 AM
    Elite1, I DID notice something odd about your folders. You have your "BatteryEx" folder in your "Picture Folders". The "BatteryEx" folder should be in the "Skins" folder of the "m4dev" directory.

07-28-10 01:58 AM
    I didn't put it there BT!

Ok I'll try your other suggestion. Yes I'm OCD like you, so I'll be checking it about 87 times, I'm sure.

Curious: after your clean-up, did the issue re-occur the next time you added a set of skins? And if so, did just the new one appear, or all of them again? (Oh god I hope not…)

Maybe next time I'll try SD's Media Manager method and see if that solves anything. (Doubt it though.)

PS I just spotted something in your screenshots… you're holding out on us! You sneaky sneak, you! Keeping some skins all for yourself! Pfft.

07-28-10 02:40 AM
    I didn't put it there BT!

Ok I'll try your other suggestion. Yes I'm OCD like you, so I'll be checking it about 87 times, I'm sure.

Curious: after your clean-up, did the issue re-occur the next time you added a set of skins? And if so, did just the new one appear, or all of them again? (Oh god I hope not…)

Maybe next time I'll try SD's Media Manager method and see if that solves anything. (Doubt it though.)

PS I just spotted something in your screenshots… you're holding out on us! You sneaky sneak, you! Keeping some skins all for yourself! Pfft.

No, the issue didn't come back. I can't offer you an ounce of advice concerning the use of Media Manager. I don't have a pc or mac.
    As for the "exclusive" icon LOL. daveastra sent that to me several weeks ago. I forgot all about it until 2 hours ago. I've only got the small size. I've been waiting for a set that doesn't have a charge icon and only a small sized discharge. I'll send them out tomorrow, sometime

07-28-10 03:02 AM
    Hi , I followed instructions from above to dl icons and all i see in BatteryX is a folder name of Gnome Icons (not the icon )and select it , it does not change . What am I doing wrong? Need some guidance , thanks!!!!
    Thanks but I fiqured it out , thanks for the extra icons !!!
    Last edited by brewersc; 07-28-10 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added lin
    07-28-10 07:57 AM
    Hi , I followed instructions from above to dl icons and all i see in BatteryX is a folder name of Gnome Icons (not the icon )and select it , it does not change . What am I doing wrong? Need some guidance , thanks!!!!
    In the application you should have a preview of the icon set as seen here (bottom of the post):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app...ml#post5392312
    07-28-10 08:03 AM
    Thanks but I fiqured it out , thanks for the extra icons !!!
    Do not edit your post while I am typing.....

Glad you got it!!
    07-28-10 08:04 AM
    Would someone make a cute teddybear icon for the batteryex like the one in my avatar that would be awesome!
    Would any one please tackle that, thanks a bunch!!!!
    07-28-10 08:05 AM
    Do not edit your post while I am typing.....

Glad you got it!!
    thanks! I had that folder inside a folder with same name that was the problem. But i do appreciate the quick response!!!!
    07-28-10 08:08 AM
    I know what you mean. I have the patience but not the time.

Could you post instructions, or point me in the direction where there are some? I should have some time at work. It's just a matter of resizing and renaming each photo and grouping them in a folder right?

EDIT: I think I figured out all the sizes necessary for the pics and am slowly working on my Doom set. Tested a couple icons and so far they've turned out on my BB.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 07-28-10 at 10:46 AM.
    07-28-10 08:36 AM
    Do these have to be zip files?? No one has figured out a way to do them through the OTA method?? It seems odd to me that you can D/L an entire theme OTA but not a skin?? Just asking? I'd like to find some pink ones if anyone know where I can get them. Thanks everyone.
    07-28-10 09:59 AM
    Do these have to be zip files?? No one has figured out a way to do them through the OTA method?? It seems odd to me that you can D/L an entire theme OTA but not a skin?? Just asking? I'd like to find some pink ones if anyone know where I can get them. Thanks everyone.
    The difference is the skins are stored and accessed by the application from your memory card.....
    07-28-10 10:06 AM
    Here are some red tinted skins....I could not get the lightning bolt tinted on the 0-20 increment when charging...so when you are charging your phone with less than a 20 percent charge the bolt will be black, everything else is tinted red.....sorry
    07-28-10 11:24 AM
    Could you post instructions, or point me in the direction where there are some? I should have some time at work. It's just a matter of resizing and renaming each photo and grouping them in a folder right?

EDIT: I think I figured out all the sizes necessary for the pics and am slowly working on my Doom set. Tested a couple icons and so far they've turned out on my BB.
    The file doesn't need to be zipped if you are using desktop manager. You can just drag the file into the Battery Ex folder. I have loaded them this way and unzipped them on my phone..either way I do not have them showing up in my picture folders like some peeps do, they are all in the Battery Ex folder.
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 07-31-10 at 04:07 AM.
    07-28-10 11:32 AM
    Would someone make a cute teddybear icon for the batteryex like the one in my avatar that would be awesome!
    Would any one please tackle that, thanks a bunch!!!!
    It would be a while before I could tackle it. I am going to recolor this skin for now and then BT has some others he wants me to work on but I know that FlyBabyRoxy has some cute girly ones, Emarsha and friends have cute girly ones and BBBM has something mentioned on her blog about some as well..maybe one of them has some they can send you???
    07-28-10 11:36 AM
    Here is another set, different style....BT sent these to me, with some other sizes in the file, I just pulled the bigger sizes out....here is what they look like

Discharging

Charging
    07-28-10 01:45 PM
    Here is another set, different style....BT sent these to me, with some other sizes in the file, I just pulled the bigger sizes out....here is what they look like
    Look great......
    07-28-10 01:56 PM
    Oxy Pink

Last edited by LuJuCa; 07-28-10 at 04:51 PM.
    07-28-10 04:25 PM
    Thank you, LuJuCa. I'm loving the pink set... Also, thanks to BlastTyrant and Andyahs for all the help and info
    07-28-10 04:52 PM
    I really hate to say this b/c I'm not a pink kind of gal but I really really like it. Very very Nice job Kurt and Scott.
    07-28-10 05:39 PM
    Thank you, LuJuCa. I'm loving the pink set... Also, thanks to BlastTyrant and Andyahs for all the help and info
    You are welcome....I would also like to thank BT and Andy!! Thanks!!
    07-28-10 05:40 PM
    Here are some blue up and down arrows...if the battery gets real low you will see a red cross symbol. There a few more red icons when it is in charging mode when your battery is low but most of the time you will just see up and down blue arrows.
    These are 24X24 not 22X22.....

I did not "Photoshop" these....Blast found these and I am merely posting them for him.................
    07-28-10 05:47 PM

Discharging

Charging
    Having Photobucket issues....the charging and discharging one are not pink.....they are blueish with a lightning bolt next to it...trust me....the one a few posts down is all pink charging and discharging....
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 07-29-10 at 01:31 PM.
    phang374 likes this.
    07-28-10 05:55 PM
5,330 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD