OK, I have a question for the BatEx professionals here that create all these great skins. I've decided this morn to create my own batt ex skin, i found my 64x64 png image. BUT i could not resize it to 22x22. So for the files in the zip that are labeled "_000i" and so on, i found a 22x22 png image to use. Because it doesn't match my 64x64, it obviously looks different in my notification area, compared to the skin showing on my homescreen slot. Its 'working' as it should, but i'd like to have it 'perfect'.

SO my question is, what program do any of you use to resize a .png file? I'm on windows7 and not familiar with this because i've never done it before.

Any help or info that any of you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. I'm not exactly the most "techiest" (if thats even a word), but i can figure things out.

thanks to anyone who can offer some guidance
    05-01-11 12:53 PM
    thanks pinkD1am0ds! I got BW up and running last night. All is good in BB land!! now just have to sit down and learn the other ins and out of my new white torch
    Congrats Cathy!!! Enjoy your new baby
    05-01-11 01:09 PM
    OK, I have a question for the BatEx professionals here that create all these great skins. I've decided this morn to create my own batt ex skin, i found my 64x64 png image. BUT i could not resize it to 22x22. So for the files in the zip that are labeled "_000i" and so on, i found a 22x22 png image to use. Because it doesn't match my 64x64, it obviously looks different in my notification area, compared to the skin showing on my homescreen slot. Its 'working' as it should, but i'd like to have it 'perfect'.

SO my question is, what program do any of you use to resize a .png file? I'm on windows7 and not familiar with this because i've never done it before.

Any help or info that any of you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. I'm not exactly the most "techiest" (if thats even a word), but i can figure things out.

Pink,
    Couldn't you resize things in paint.net?
    It's a free application that you can download for your windows machine. I use it with Vista, I'm not sure about Win7...
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-01-11 02:24 PM

Pink, like JayDee, I also use Paintnet......any image can be resize to anything and is always better to start with a large image rather than a small one. Whenever I have had problems or wanted to learn "how-to" guess what, always go to the Universal Univeristy online AKA Youtube and type in and see how many have posted answers to my questions.....
    you can make a complete set with one lonely jpeg, gif or whatever extension you find just as long as you save in png...you can add or alter, expand and thin out and make that single image look different.
    05-01-11 02:39 PM
    Congrats Cathy!!! Enjoy your new baby
    thanks Hilary, The more I use it the more I love it! The bold9700 was great but the torch is awesome !!!!
    05-01-11 03:46 PM
    Pink,
    Couldn't you resize things in paint.net?
    It's a free application that you can download for your windows machine. I use it with Vista, I'm not sure about Win7...
    Pink, like JayDee, I also use Paintnet......any image can be resize to anything and is always better to start with a large image rather than a small one. Whenever I have had problems or wanted to learn "how-to" guess what, always go to the Universal Univeristy online AKA Youtube and type in and see how many have posted answers to my questions.....
    you can make a complete set with one lonely jpeg, gif or whatever extension you find just as long as you save in png...you can add or alter, expand and thin out and make that single image look different.
    tyvm jaydee and curvedthumb for helping me out with this, it is really appreciated
    I dwld Paint.net to my laptop and it worked perfectly! I'm so excited that i've created my very first custom batex skin for myself! it's easier than i thought
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 05-02-11 at 08:00 AM.
    05-02-11 07:38 AM
    tyvm jaydee and curvedthumb for helping me out with this, it it really appreciated
    I dwld Paint.net to my laptop and it worked perfectly! I'm so excited that i've created my very first custom batex skin for myself! it's easier than i thought
    ...so then, whatcha gonna make for me?! LOL
    05-02-11 07:54 AM
    ...so then, whatcha gonna make for me?! LOL
    lmao! I just did one yesterday and i'm sure i'll still have more to learn (with the resizing, converting to png, etc. it all 'seems' so easy, lets hope its that simple)
    But i'm hoping to be able to make some and share here with everyone, which would make me happy to do
    seashell93 likes this.
    05-02-11 07:59 AM
    lmao! I just did one yesterday and i'm sure i'll still have more to learn (with the resizing, converting to png, etc. it all 'seems' so easy, lets hope its that simple)
    But i'm hoping to be able to make some and share here with everyone, which would make me happy to do
    Have you tried Gimp? It's a free download that is similar to Photoshop. It makes resizing, recoloring, converting file extensions, and image editing really easy. I use it to make the Berryweather icon sets. I'm a big fan of that program.
    05-02-11 09:56 AM
    i want the batteryex app badly but i can't seem to find zip files to download anywhere! D: i don't have BIS so i was hoping i can dl it via DTM? any1 can help? D;
    05-02-11 10:26 AM
    Have you tried Gimp? It's a free download that is similar to Photoshop. It makes resizing, recoloring, converting file extensions, and image editing really easy. I use it to make the Berryweather icon sets. I'm a big fan of that program.
    Thanks for this info BA, I have 'heard' the name GIMP being mentioned by yourself and Songbird. Do i know anything about it? No. LOL I did dwld Paint.net this morn and used it briefly to edit a skin i did for myself and the program 'seems' easy enough to use. BUT I will def keep GIMP in mind and google it to see whats its like as well (i've never used PhotoShop either) Thank you for the suggestion to help, it is much appreciated as well!

Learning this has just opened a new door for me with the BatEx skins, so lets see what kind of trouble i can cause when i have the time to play around with it! LOL
    05-02-11 11:30 AM
    hey! where could i grab this airbender skin? i love it!!
    here ya go here's the link. Avatar: The Last Air Bender
    05-02-11 12:36 PM
    Thanks for this info BA, I have 'heard' the name GIMP being mentioned by yourself and Songbird. Do i know anything about it? No. LOL I did dwld Paint.net this morn and used it briefly to edit a skin i did for myself and the program 'seems' easy enough to use. BUT I will def keep GIMP in mind and google it to see whats its like as well (i've never used PhotoShop either) Thank you for the suggestion to help, it is much appreciated as well!

Learning this has just opened a new door for me with the BatEx skins, so lets see what kind of trouble i can cause when i have the time to play around with it! LOL

Hint: On the notification Icons. you can actually make them 32X32. It makes the icon a little bigger and as long as the file is named correctly the image will appear perfectly fine w/o cropping.

I also so use paint.net and love it!
    05-02-11 01:23 PM
    Hint: On the notification Icons. you can actually make them 32X32. It makes the icon a little bigger and as long as the file is named correctly the image will appear perfectly fine w/o cropping.

I also so use paint.net and love it!
    TY mkye for the info as well, it is much appreciated

So if I understand you correctly, the files I've name "_000i" for example, I made 22x22, that I can actually make them 32x32 so they are a little more noticeable?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 01:31 PM
    TY mkye for the info as well, it is much appreciated

So if I understand you correctly, the files I've name "_000i" for example, I made 22x22, that I can actually make them 32x32 so they are a little more noticeable?

That's Exactly Right !!!
    05-02-11 01:53 PM
    That's Exactly Right !!!
    , OH! That's totally awesome! In fact, I think curvedthumb mentioned that to me this morn, but it was before the coffee kicked in and I still wasn't fully awake LOL

I do thank you very much for your input as well it is much appreciated!

05-02-11 01:56 PM
    i want the batteryex app badly but i can't seem to find zip files to download anywhere! D: i don't have BIS so i was hoping i can dl it via DTM? any1 can help? D;
    here is the zip file to use with desktop manager. remember to unzip it first

hope thsi helps!!!!
    05-02-11 03:17 PM

Zip file for the Pink Hibiscus
    05-04-11 10:13 AM

I love these little fish! I think if I used a different wallpaper you could see it better
    05-04-11 10:17 AM
    ok, everyone, this is my first batex skin post so please be patient with me if i screwed something up posting! lol.

Being that Memorial Day is coming up, I felt it appropriate to do some red, white and blue, hence my bouquet of roses. i hope you will all enjoy it.

charging/discharging images are the same.

also, i hope the drop box link works properly-its my first time using it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28084927/Mem...ay%20batex.zip

05-04-11 01:05 PM
    Pink, this is beautiful!!!!
    Thank you!!!
    You have a future ahead of you making BattEx skinz for us, you know!!!!
    05-04-11 01:08 PM
    Pink, this is beautiful!!!!
    Thank you!!!
    You have a future ahead of you making BattEx skinz for us, you know!!!!
    oh gosh, Jaydee, your my "first customer"! Tyvm for the support, you've brought a tear to my eye I'm so glad you'll enjoy them

( i have to admit though, i was soooo nervous posting them!lol)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 05-05-11 at 07:08 AM.
    05-04-11 01:10 PM
    One thing I did forget to mention, curvedthumb has also given me help behind the scenes as well, so I do owe him a huge THANK YOU

curvedthumb likes this.
    05-04-11 01:42 PM
    ok, everyone, this is my first batex skin post so please be patient with me if i screwed something up posting! lol.

Being that Memorial Day is coming up, I felt it appropriate to do some red, white and blue, hence my bouquet of roses. i hope you will all enjoy it.

charging/discharging images are the same.

also, i hope the drop box link works properly-its my first time using it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28084927/Mem...ay%20batex.zip

Great Job on that one!!
    05-04-11 02:20 PM
    Great Job on that one!!
    thanks mkye! Once I get a little more comfortable with mixing things up I'll start experimenting with making the charging and discharging icons different!

05-04-11 02:26 PM
5,330 ... 146147148149150 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD