From reading through prior responses I thought you were just supposed to just put all zip's in one file. Tha't what I did. Why would only one show up then and I didn't unzip that one either.
    i know it sounds like i'm just copying your problems, lol, but, thats what I did at first too!!! with the same heart icon and everything. that file was zipped and it worked and i was like what?! but i think it depends on the skin. try unzipping all the skin flies, and putting the one folder with the icons in, in the designated battex folder.. and maybe do a battery pull after that?
    01-09-11 02:29 PM
    From reading through prior responses I thought you were just supposed to just put all zip's in one file. Tha't what I did. Why would only one show up then and I didn't unzip that one either.
    I will try unzipping thanks Ria for all your help and everyone else
    01-09-11 02:31 PM
    Most skins that are made require unzipping. When you open your batteryex folder, you should see a list of all the skins folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 02:39 PM
    I will try unzipping thanks Ria for all your help and everyone else
    Basically, there's 2 ways to make a skin. 1 way requires unzipping; the other doesn't. The way to tell which is which, is to put the zip in the batteryex folder. Then go to the "skins" selector screen. If the new skin has a preview pic, it doesn't need unzipping. If you see the new skin's name but no preview pic, it needs unzipping. After unzipping it, move the zip to another folder (or delete it) to avoid the double entry on the skin selector screen.

01-09-11 02:43 PM
    Thanks songbird....these are Fab !!! Always get excited when you post a grab bag
    Any chance of getting the heart in 'pink' (maybe the pink thats in the first skin in this grab bag) ....TIA
    hey wendy! i did 2 different versions, one was to match the pink from the pink grab bag (close as i could get) and the other more of a neon pink. hope you like these!

enjoy!
    Last edited by songbird; 01-10-11 at 12:18 AM. Reason: *fixed baby pink heart
    01-09-11 03:43 PM
    Basically, there's 2 ways to make a skin. 1 way requires unzipping; the other doesn't. The way to tell which is which, is to put the zip in the batteryex folder. Then go to the "skins" selector screen. If the new skin has a preview pic, it doesn't need unzipping. If you see the new skin's name but no preview pic, it needs unzipping. After unzipping it, move the zip to another folder (or delete it) to avoid the double entry on the skin selector screen.

Wow Ria and Blast that worked. Thank you so much for all your help.

Have one more question now. How do I see the grab bag sets those are the only ones that don't have a preview. Sorry for taking up this thread with questions
    01-09-11 03:50 PM
    Wow Ria and Blast that worked. Thank you so much for all your help.

Have one more question now. How do I see the grab bag sets those are the only ones that don't have a preview. Sorry for taking up this thread with questions
    If I follow what happened to you, the grab bag sets are several folders zipped within a folder that is zipped.

Therefore, unzip the main folder and then unzip each of the items in the grab bag. Then for each item, for instance: north star, blue star, pink hearts, etc make sure the folder is the last thing you see before the icons. That is icons in a folder. Those folders with icons are what you have to put into the battex directory you are using.

Does that help?
    01-09-11 03:58 PM
    If I follow what happened to you, the grab bag sets are several folders zipped within a folder that is zipped.

Therefore, unzip the main folder and then unzip each of the items in the grab bag. Then for each item, for instance: north star, blue star, pink hearts, etc make sure the folder is the last thing you see before the icons. That is icons in a folder. Those folders with icons are what you have to put into the battex directory you are using.

Does that help?
    Jaydee that's exactly what I didn't do was unzip within the grab bags.

Thank you so much.
    01-09-11 04:02 PM
    aw you're welcome hun, we're all here to help
    01-09-11 04:05 PM
    hey wendy! i did 2 different versions, one was to match the pink from the pink grab bag (close as i could get) and the other more of a neon pink. hope you like these!

enjoy!
    Oooo thank you sooo much songbird....Perfect !!! Your the BEST
    01-09-11 04:11 PM
    glad you like the battex's!

and you're the best!!
    01-09-11 04:40 PM
    aw you're welcome hun, we're all here to help
    So appreciated. Thanks
    01-09-11 04:51 PM
    Jaydee that's exactly what I didn't do was unzip within the grab bags.

Thank you so much.
    Glad to help.
    Welcome to the addiction of BatteryEx skins!!!!
    01-09-11 05:17 PM
    I second that, these are perfect I especially like the first one, you are the greatest songbird!!! thanks!
    01-09-11 06:14 PM
    I second that, these are perfect I especially like the first one, you are the greatest songbird!!! thanks!
    aww, thanks!! i'm just glad i can help make each bb unique and pretty!! i really appreciate the kind words and support, so THANK YOU!
    01-09-11 06:53 PM
    Glad to help.
    Welcome to the addiction of BatteryEx skins!!!!
    Wow you're not kidding
    01-09-11 09:13 PM

enjoy!
    Songbird, can you do the white-pink(1st one) in an open Star like the open Hearts? I'm not much of a heart fan. I like moons and stars. TIA
    Last edited by Gothic_Angel; 01-09-11 at 11:52 PM.
    mimicurtis likes this.
    01-09-11 11:50 PM
    For some reason, the baby pink heart is showing up as the battery icon, not a baby pink heart. Any ideas why this is happening? All the other heart ones work perfectly.
    sorry about that! for some reason i forgot to make the notification sized icons, but it's been fixed
    turnthemusikoff likes this.
    01-10-11 12:19 AM
    Songbird, can you do the white-pink(1st one) in an open Star like the open Hearts? I'm not much of a heart fan. I like moons and stars. TIA
    here are some moon & star battex's, hope these are to your liking

enjoy!!

* sorry you can't see the charging icon clearly, but it's like the white glowing heart, but follows the discharging icon
    01-10-11 12:22 AM
    here are some moon & star battex's, hope these are to your liking

enjoy!!

* sorry you can't see the charging icon clearly, but it's like the white glowing heart, but follows the discharging icon
    Thank You SongBird I love these I still say y'all need a "donation" button
    01-10-11 12:50 AM
    silly question, the battery ex folder shouldn't "fill up" should it? By that I mean it should let me add as many of these icons as I want - correct

thanks,
    01-10-11 09:24 AM
    silly question, the battery ex folder shouldn't "fill up" should it? By that I mean it should let me add as many of these icons as I want - correct

thanks,
    Right! Add as many as you have room for on your card.
    kam2958 likes this.
    01-10-11 09:46 AM
    here you go, let me know if this is what you wanted

enjoy!!
    Hi have another request please do this in the baby pink color and also one of just the letters DL in same pink
    Thanks !!!
    01-10-11 10:18 AM
    Looks like Songbirds been busy all night again!

Thanks for the new sets! (Especially loving the Moonstar, that's a hot icon!)
    01-10-11 10:40 AM
    thanks jaydee - then its something that I have to figure out, hasn't been quite the same since I went back to os 5 - but at least i can read the browser!
    01-10-11 11:06 AM
5,330 ... 110111112113114 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD