enjoy
    12-08-10 11:43 AM
    One thing I noticed is that you said 24 64x64 and another 24 22x22?? Is that correct? It should be 12 64x64png files and 12 of whatever size you choose 22 or 32 for the notification area........
    Yea - my bad - I only made 12 of each for 24 total, + the Preview. I promise, I am smarter than a 5th grader (but not according to my 5th grader!).

Anyhow, to close this loop, I named the file Transparent (clever - huh?), and placed it here: H:\BlackBerry\m4dev\skins\BatteryEx - should I have named it something else?

Here is a copy of Preview.png - really just a 64x64 transparent square.
    12-08-10 11:56 AM
    I guess it really was transparent - I swear it is there - really!
    12-08-10 11:57 AM
    I guess it really was transparent - I swear it is there - really!
    post the zip and lets look over it
    12-08-10 12:01 PM
    post the zip and lets look over it
    OK - here you go. WARNING: I just put this back in the BatteryEX folder on my Blackberry and all kind of bad things started to happen. 1st was this error popup when I rebooted the device:
    "Uncaught exception: Dimensions must be greater than zero"

It does not specify what has file/folder it is referring to, but it has got to be the folder I added.
    12-08-10 12:18 PM

enjoy
    hunoosh, meylin78 and 2fast4uzx14 like this.
    12-08-10 02:04 PM

enjoy
    Nice! Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 02:31 PM
    Instructions for downloading icons from your phone (without using your PC):
    (YOU NEED TO INSTALL BOLT BROWSER AND AN APP CALLED FILESCOUT available here): FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    1) From the non-mobile CB site (these instructions are using Bolt browser) scroll to the zip file of icons you want to download.
    2) Click on the zip>Save To>SD Card>Blackberry>mdev>Skins>BatteryEx> you now click on top banner to save in this folder>save.
    3) You should see notice that the download was complete.
    4) Close the Bolt browser
    5) On your BB go to Files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>and you should now see the zip that you downloaded. Highlight the new zip>menu>explore with filescout>highlight the new zip>menu>unzip.
    6) Close BBFileScout
    7) Open the BatteryEx app>Skin>You should now see your new "skin" with an icon next to it>Click on it and close BatteryEx
    8) You should now have your new skin!
    9) You can now go back to files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>BatteryEx>You will now see the new skin name and also see the new skin name.zip. You can delete the new skin name.zip. You can also mark the BatteryEx file as "favorite" so that it is on the first page of files in the future.
    There are other ways to do this including e-mailing the zip from your computer to your phone but the above instructions do work.
    Good luck.
    No such luck!!! I am using the Torch are there issues? I see all the skins on my bb but not in the skins where they should be..
    p.s I am using version 1.9 does that have something to do with it?
    12-08-10 02:40 PM

Enjoy. Last one for today, maybe
    12-08-10 04:40 PM
    No such luck!!! I am using the Torch are there issues? I see all the skins on my bb but not in the skins where they should be..
    Aspetta signorina....i will help you tonight sometime.....

It is hard the first time around then becomes too easy.....
    Need to know that you will be using a PC or Mac and Chrome, Firefox or IE
    A zip utility to unzip and that is it....
    12-08-10 04:53 PM
    OK - here you go. WARNING: I just put this back in the BatteryEX folder on my Blackberry and all kind of bad things started to happen. 1st was this error popup when I rebooted the device:
    "Uncaught exception: Dimensions must be greater than zero"

It does not specify what has file/folder it is referring to, but it has got to be the folder I added.
    Well, just by the size of the zip file one can tell that it does not contain any images...7.3kb of transparent images...lol....not making fun...it is just funny....anyways....the problem stems from the way you are saving the file...uncheck transparency......you must first create the transparency and then save as png.....send here a jpeg image of your preview image and let's see what can be done........
    12-08-10 07:02 PM
    Well, just by the size of the zip file one can tell that it does not contain any images...7.3kb of transparent images...lol....not making fun...it is just funny....anyways....the problem stems from the way you are saving the file...uncheck transparency......you must first create the transparency and then save as png.....send here a jpeg image of your preview image and let's see what can be done........
    Attached is the jpeg. What I do is create a new image in Gimp, and fill with transparency. Not the right way to do it?
    Last edited by Blackfeet; 12-08-10 at 08:04 PM.
    12-08-10 08:01 PM
    Attached is the jpeg. What I do is create a new image in Gimp, and fill with transparency. Not the right way to do it?

Not really judging by the result.....it is still transparent.....Ok....tell me where i can find the image....a hyperlink? a google image search? or just find the image, save and send to phobucket or PM me and I will give you my email address
    12-08-10 08:27 PM
    Not really judging by the result.....it is still transparent.....Ok....tell me where i can find the image....a hyperlink? a google image search? or just find the image, save and send to phobucket or PM me and I will give you my email address
    i looked at the file earlier. there is nothing wrong with the file itself. and there is no real image, its just a transparent background. i got the file to work on my phone fine and from what i saw was that the notification icon goes transparent like it should but the actual app icon stays normal. from talking to him earlier and talking to some other people, we think the app icon is a BB issue or an app issue.
    12-08-10 09:35 PM
    In the meantime, had a chance to create a couple of skins for your pleasure...nothing fancy.....
    Last edited by curvedthumb; 12-08-10 at 11:12 PM.
    meylin78 and hunoosh like this.
    12-08-10 10:19 PM
    and here is the other one.....Polo Ralph Lauren
    12-08-10 11:06 PM
    I am using Torch and BattEX version 1.9 and it does work for me.
    I re-read instructions and they look right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 11:17 PM
    Here is a set just for you.....using of course the "elusive image"..
    hoping i did ok.....let me know if you need any changes....
    12-08-10 11:55 PM
    Aspetta signorina....i will help you tonight sometime.....

It is hard the first time around then becomes too easy.....
    Need to know that you will be using a PC or Mac and Chrome, Firefox or IE
    A zip utility to unzip and that is it....
    haha, thx I am British so do understand I have both Mac and pc but from previous instructions was doing it via filescout on the berry, I tried the pc/mac initially and no luck there either - hope I will live to tell the story, this is all driving me bananas so far
    p.s using Chrome..
    12-09-10 12:12 AM
    first skin of the day, depending on how i feel there will be more lol

enjoy
    2fast4uzx14 likes this.
    12-09-10 12:30 PM
    i really need some help with BatteryEx anyone??
    12-09-10 01:00 PM
    i really need some help with BatteryEx anyone??
    Could you describe your problem to us please? We will all be glad to help!
    12-09-10 01:48 PM
    Sketchy Battery

curvedthumb, rezn and kellyh like this.
    12-09-10 03:22 PM
    Dots

Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 12-10-10 at 10:15 AM.
    curvedthumb likes this.
    12-09-10 03:49 PM
    I know these have been done before but the earlier skin didnt have the percent.

enjoy
    hunoosh likes this.
    12-09-10 04:17 PM
5,330 ... 9495969798 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD