Different colored umbrellas while discharging..............
    12-07-10 01:07 PM
    Icons used....
    12-07-10 01:11 PM
    Icons used......
    12-07-10 01:14 PM
    Icons used...
    12-07-10 01:19 PM
    Geez. I just got off the computer! My name is Melonie n I'm an addict!!!!! LuJuCa can't see ur icons but your work is apprciated :-D Thanx. Can't wait to get back to my computer. :-p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 02:22 PM
    Is there some kind person who will indicate a fool proof or idiots guide lol to get the skins onto the berry? I have gone through the first few pages of the thread and the last few and spent enough time to pull my hair out? I have downloaded the app and the skins from the first page obviously..I can't seem to get the skins to show in the appropriate place...I am using a BB torch, thank you in advance *blush*
    Last edited by catwoman66; 12-07-10 at 02:29 PM.
    12-07-10 02:25 PM
    I really wish i had the time to post examples, but i just dont So i decided to do a grab bag. Theres 7 skins total: candy canes, ball ornaments, christmas trees, snowflakes. Enjoy!
    Great job on these, and thanks to all the others who continue to post awesome Christmas skins.
    12-07-10 03:29 PM
    Is there some kind person who will indicate a fool proof or idiots guide lol to get the skins onto the berry? I have gone through the first few pages of the thread and the last few and spent enough time to pull my hair out? I have downloaded the app and the skins from the first page obviously..I can't seem to get the skins to show in the appropriate place...I am using a BB torch, thank you in advance *blush*
    Sure. Once you download the skins and unzip them, plug in your berry and locate the media card. Go into Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEX and save the unzipped file in that folder. Eject your berry, give it a minute or two to load, and they should show up!

Feel free to post or send me a PM if your still having trouble after trying that^.
    catwoman66 likes this.
    12-07-10 03:42 PM
    Instructions for downloading icons from your phone (without using your PC):
    (YOU NEED TO INSTALL BOLT BROWSER AND AN APP CALLED FILESCOUT available here): FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    1) From the non-mobile CB site (these instructions are using Bolt browser) scroll to the zip file of icons you want to download.
    2) Click on the zip>Save To>SD Card>Blackberry>mdev>Skins>BatteryEx> you now click on top banner to save in this folder>save.
    3) You should see notice that the download was complete.
    4) Close the Bolt browser
    5) On your BB go to Files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>and you should now see the zip that you downloaded. Highlight the new zip>menu>explore with filescout>highlight the new zip>menu>unzip.
    6) Close BBFileScout
    7) Open the BatteryEx app>Skin>You should now see your new "skin" with an icon next to it>Click on it and close BatteryEx
    8) You should now have your new skin!
    9) You can now go back to files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>BatteryEx>You will now see the new skin name and also see the new skin name.zip. You can delete the new skin name.zip. You can also mark the BatteryEx file as "favorite" so that it is on the first page of files in the future.
    There are other ways to do this including e-mailing the zip from your computer to your phone but the above instructions do work.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-07-10 at 07:25 PM.
    catwoman66 likes this.
    12-07-10 04:04 PM
    Geez. I just got off the computer! My name is Melonie n I'm an addict!!!!! LuJuCa can't see ur icons but your work is apprciated :-D Thanx. Can't wait to get back to my computer. :-p

The preview pics (Icons) are there, you need to hit refresh sometimes to view them. It's a crackberry bug............
    12-07-10 04:16 PM
    Happy New Year......Icons/Images used
    Cathyxx724 and wendybeee like this.
    12-07-10 04:45 PM
    Icons used
    wendybeee and jules966 like this.
    12-07-10 06:05 PM
    Bears used
    wendybeee, Cathyxx724 and jules966 like this.
    12-07-10 06:06 PM
    Great skins all thanks for sharing.
    12-08-10 12:44 AM
    Christmas Tree lights up as the battery charges and lights turn off as your battery discharges.....the top star turns red when charging and yellow when discharging....
    Cathyxx724, hunoosh and jules966 like this.
    12-08-10 12:52 AM
    I love Battery sets.....and this is another one for your collection......
    Knurpsi and Carterism like this.
    12-08-10 01:06 AM
    It may be buried in the thread somewhere, but I don't have time to read through 158 pages and a search was no good, so here goes . . .

Does anybody have just the default green/black battery home screen icon? I just need one, tried to make it myself, and just reaffirmed I am not a graphic artist.

Any help appreciated . . .
    12-08-10 02:29 AM
    Instructions for downloading icons from your phone (without using your PC):
    (YOU NEED TO INSTALL BOLT BROWSER AND AN APP CALLED FILESCOUT available here): FileScout - the complete file, text, zip, and image manager - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    1) From the non-mobile CB site (these instructions are using Bolt browser) scroll to the zip file of icons you want to download.
    2) Click on the zip>Save To>SD Card>Blackberry>mdev>Skins>BatteryEx> you now click on top banner to save in this folder>save.
    3) You should see notice that the download was complete.
    4) Close the Bolt browser
    5) On your BB go to Files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>and you should now see the zip that you downloaded. Highlight the new zip>menu>explore with filescout>highlight the new zip>menu>unzip.
    6) Close BBFileScout
    7) Open the BatteryEx app>Skin>You should now see your new "skin" with an icon next to it>Click on it and close BatteryEx
    8) You should now have your new skin!
    9) You can now go back to files>file folders>media card>Blackberry>m4dev>skins>BatteryEx>You will now see the new skin name and also see the new skin name.zip. You can delete the new skin name.zip. You can also mark the BatteryEx file as "favorite" so that it is on the first page of files in the future.
    There are other ways to do this including e-mailing the zip from your computer to your phone but the above instructions do work.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for such a detailed explanation - I will try it out later and let you know ) @spiral_ouT I did try this but no success so far - but I will WILL make it work eventually lol
    12-08-10 04:38 AM
    It may be buried in the thread somewhere, but I don't have time to read through 158 pages and a search was no good, so here goes . . .

Does anybody have just the default green/black battery home screen icon? I just need one, tried to make it myself, and just reaffirmed I am not a graphic artist.

Any help appreciated . . .
    Click below and you will find 44 different Battery sets

Themes In Motion: BattEx Skins | regular battery icons

Enjoy
    Blackfeet likes this.
    12-08-10 08:34 AM
    Click below and you will find 44 different Battery sets

Themes In Motion: BattEx Skins | regular battery icons

Enjoy
    Thanks for the link - found exactly what I was looking for in there.

One more question or request: I tried to make all 24 of my png images transparent (don't ask - a theme I am working on and I want to try something out), but when I did, all of them came out at 1kb, which makes sense. However, once I opened it in BatteryEX, I began to have problems with my OS, I mean it locked up, didn't load, etc. It really didn't like something about what I did. When I deleted the folder that contained all of the images, all is well.

I thought it might be related to the problems I have been reading about in the latest release (1.9), so I rolled back to 1.5, but the issue persisted.

So, my request, could somebody who knows what they are doing create a zipped folder that has all the correct png files, but make them transparent. For what I am trying to do, I need not to see any icon, except one for focus (which is why I was looking for the OEM icon).

Thanks in advance...
    12-08-10 10:01 AM
    Thanks for the link - found exactly what I was looking for in there.

One more question or request: I tried to make all 24 of my png images transparent (don't ask - a theme I am working on and I want to try something out), but when I did, all of them came out at 1kb, which makes sense. However, once I opened it in BatteryEX, I began to have problems with my OS, I mean it locked up, didn't load, etc. It really didn't like something about what I did. When I deleted the folder that contained all of the images, all is well.

I thought it might be related to the problems I have been reading about in the latest release (1.9), so I rolled back to 1.5, but the issue persisted.

So, my request, could somebody who knows what they are doing create a zipped folder that has all the correct png files, but make them transparent. For what I am trying to do, I need not to see any icon, except one for focus (which is why I was looking for the OEM icon).

Thanks in advance...
    Ok. Post a zip file here with all the png files (25 for V1.5 or 28 pngs for V1.9) and i will make it transparent.
    12-08-10 10:06 AM
    Ok. Post a zip file here with all the png files (25 for V1.5 or 28 pngs for V1.9) and i will make it transparent.
    I knew I wasn't explaining what I did very well. So, here goes again. I tend to ramble, and sometimes just don't explain myself well. Sorry.

What I did was create, in Gimp, 24 64x64 transparent png files and named them charging_0xx and discharging_0xx, then another 24 22x22 named charging_0xxi and discharging_0xxi, and finally a 64x64 called Preview.

My thought process was that if I called the files what they needed to be called, then the app should recognize them and display them indeed as transparent. It did work actually, for a short while, but something I have been unable to determine gorked my OS pretty hard. And whatever it was, went away with the folder that held all the transparent images. I even scanned for viruses, but no joy.

Can you see something in there I did incorrectly? Thanks for taking the time to assist me with this...
    12-08-10 10:24 AM
    I knew I wasn't explaining what I did very well. So, here goes again. I tend to ramble, and sometimes just don't explain myself well. Sorry.

What I did was create, in Gimp, 24 64x64 transparent png files and named them charging_0xx and discharging_0xx, then another 24 22x22 named charging_0xxi and discharging_0xxi, and finally a 64x64 called Preview.

My thought process was that if I called the files what they needed to be called, then the app should recognize them and display them indeed as transparent. It did work actually, for a short while, but something I have been unable to determine gorked my OS pretty hard. And whatever it was, went away with the folder that held all the transparent images. I even scanned for viruses, but no joy.

Can you see something in there I did incorrectly? Thanks for taking the time to assist me with this...

It is hard to tell if you are doing something wrong other than naming the folder and placing it where it needs to be......64x64 png extension and change the other to 32x32 png (it will look a bit nicer in your notification area) I have Gimp but feel more comfortable using PaintNet....you should give it a try...it takes an hour to get used to....why don't you post a single 64x64png file here and see what I can do....just post the preview png file......
    12-08-10 11:18 AM

One thing I noticed is that you said 24 64x64 and another 24 22x22?? Is that correct? It should be 12 64x64png files and 12 of whatever size you choose 22 or 32 for the notification area........
    12-08-10 11:21 AM

If I'm reading this correctly, you made twice as many files than you need. You only need 12 64s (6 charging, 6 discharging). And 12 32s.....plus the preview

12-08-10 11:27 AM
5,330 ... 9394959697 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD