You folks have done great work with the skins! Now that I have it all "fixed" I'm quite happy to say I can use them!!

I've found that I like the skins that change color as the battery discharges and charges. Does anyone suppose that they could take the stock skin and simply have it change color with each "square" when it discharges/charges? For example, it starts as green, when it loses a square it goes to orange, then yellow, etc. Glassy does it well also but I wonder if the stock one would look good as well.

If not, cool too. There are lots of great ones out there!
    Do you mean the stock BatteryEx icon? LuJuCa put up some red ones here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app...ml#post5394684 and there are some blue ones floating around in the early parts of this thread. Not sure what program he used, but it's a pretty simple process if you have some time and patience. If I have time later tonight I might see what I can do.
    10-05-10 09:29 AM
    Thanks! Yes, I've seen the red and blue ones. I'd like something that changes as the battery discharges. So, when it's charged it's green the whole icon I mean). As it loses the first square the icon goes to yellow, then orange as the next goes then red. I'm sure you get the idea. It's the same principle as some of the clear battery skins except it has the boxes. It would be even better if there was an extra box or two with the ability to add yet another color but maybe that's too much to ask.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 09:53 AM
    here are some skins that BlastTyrant made!

enjoy!!

These are awesome as usual! Thanx
    10-05-10 10:08 AM
    Thanks! Yes, I've seen the red and blue ones. I'd like something that changes as the battery discharges. So, when it's charged it's green the whole icon I mean). As it loses the first square the icon goes to yellow, then orange as the next goes then red. I'm sure you get the idea. It's the same principle as some of the clear battery skins except it has the boxes. It would be even better if there was an extra box or two with the ability to add yet another color but maybe that's too much to ask.

Songbird and I will come up with something later. Maybe even more 1 skin ....stay tuned

10-05-10 10:53 AM
    Thank you! I've seen the work that the two of you have done here. Truly outstanding! Looking forward to it!

10-05-10 12:06 PM
    Changes colors as it discharges....originally done by BT and songbird...BT just tweeked the colors...........
    10-05-10 01:13 PM
    i get a lot of questions on how to make skins, so i wrote up a step-by-step instructions! hope it helps you guys out!

BATTERY SKIN MAKING 101:
    for 1.5 version and basic 1.8

it's very easy to create your own skin! the hardest part is finding the right icon in doing so. the best places to look for images is at some icon sites and make sure that the image doesn't have a background (unless it's what you want) and that it's a png format. if there is an image you would like to use that has a background, you will need to extract the image out using a photo-editing application on your computer. from there, all you have to do is rename the files. these instructions are for the 1.5 version and the basic 1.8, only for the application icons and the notification icons

PREVIEW - you will need a preview picture named preview.png and this image will be the one you see in your collection of battery skins. this will need to be sized 64x64

CHARGING - for the application's big charging icons, you will need 6 images for the 6 levels. these will be titled charging_xxx the "xxx" will be the battery level, it's values are 000, 020, 040, 060, 080, 100.
    :: the next step for the charging is to create the small notification icons and these will be the same as above, but sized 22x22 and will have the letter "i" after he value. so instead of charging_xxx, it will be charging_xxxi. remember to replace "xxx" for the level values

DISCHARGING - now we will need some discharging icons. you will take the steps that are in the charging, but it will be named differently. this time, the name will be discharging_xxx. remember to replace "xxx" with the level value: 000, 020, 040, 060, 080, 100
    :: again, you will need the small notification icons, follow the steps for the charging notification and rename them. this time it will be named discharging_xxxi. remember to replace "xxx" for the level values

in total, there should be 25 icons in your folder. you can open an existing skin folder to see an example of what's needed

remember, be creative! you don't have to use one image for all the different levels! you can use different images, you can change the colors, add some glow or sparkles�the possibilities are endless!! enjoy!!
    10-05-10 01:48 PM
    i get a lot of questions on how to make skins, so i wrote up a step-by-step instructions! hope it helps you guys out!

BATTERY SKIN MAKING 101:

it's very easy to create your own skin! the hardest part is finding the right icon in doing so. the best places to look for images is at some icon sites and make sure that the image doesn't have a background (unless it's what you want) and that it's a png format. if there is an image you would like to use that has a background, you will need to extract the image out using a photo-editing application on your computer. from there, all you have to do is rename the files. these instructions are for the 1.5 version and the basic 1.8, only for the application icons and the notification icons

PREVIEW - you will need a preview picture named preview.png and this image will be the one you see in your collection of battery skins. this will need to be sized 64x64

CHARGING - for the application's big charging icons, you will need 6 images for the 6 levels. these will be titled charging_xxx the "xxx" will be the battery level, it's values are 000, 020, 040, 060, 080, 100.
    :: the next step for the charging is to create the small notification icons and these will be the same as above, but sized 22x22 and will have the letter "i" after he value. so instead of charging_xxx, it will be charging_xxxi. remember to replace "xxx" for the level values

DISCHARGING - now we will need some discharging icons. you will take the steps that are in the charging, but it will be named differently. this time, the name will be discharging_xxx. remember to replace "xxx" with the level value: 000, 020, 040, 060, 080, 100
    :: again, you will need the small notification icons, follow the steps for the charging notification and rename them. this time it will be named discharging_xxxi. remember to replace "xxx" for the level values

in total, there should be 25 icons in your folder. you can open an existing skin folder to see an example of what's needed

remember, be creative! you don't have to use one image for all the different levels! you can use different images, you can change the colors, add some glow or sparkles�the possibilities are endless!! enjoy!!
    Thanks for making this songbird should help out everyone out there.
    10-05-10 02:10 PM
    Changes colors as it discharges....originally done by BT and songbird...BT just tweeked the colors...........
    GREAT TEAM WORK! You guys are the best!!!!
    10-05-10 03:11 PM

BATTERY SKIN MAKING 101:

Oh gosh Songbird! Like anyone would have the patience that you and BT and the other creative people here have! LOL Yeah, right. I can see me trying to do this. I'd need a CASE of gin, not just a bottle...lmao
    10-05-10 03:15 PM
    another set of creations by BlastTyrant and i!!

enjoy!!
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    10-05-10 03:44 PM

BATTERY SKIN MAKING 101:

remember, be creative! you don't have to use one image for all the different levels! you can use different images, you can change the colors, add some glow or sparkles…the possibilities are endless!! enjoy!!
    Sweet step by step Megan, very nice of you as usual

I hope this doesn't confuse anyone but below is how you name your skins for each level as described by Megan above. Just a different way of viewing it.

Also, for the "i" values I have made a few this afternoon that are sized 32X32 versus 22X22. It just depends on the image. I needed the ones I made bigger just to get some clarity from it.

Copy and paste are your friends when naming each image.

charging_100
    discharging_100
    charging_100i
    discharging_100i
    charging_080
    discharging_080
    charging_080i
    discharging_080i
    charging_060
    discharging_060
    charging_060i
    discharging_060i
    charging_040
    discharging_040
    charging_040i
    discharging_040i
    charging_020
    discharging_020
    charging_020i
    discharging_020i
    charging_000
    discharging_000
    charging_000i
    discharging_000i
    preview
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 10-05-10 at 04:54 PM.
    10-05-10 04:39 PM
    Thanks LuJuCa! I don't know why I never came across it!! Being used to green, BT and Songbird do you think you might change the fully charged color from dark blue to dark green? Everything else (I like the lighter blue) could just stay as is. This is what I was looking for!!
    10-05-10 04:39 PM
    Nothing fancy with this one, it is the same image as it charges and discharges.
    10-05-10 04:46 PM
    Sweet step by step Megan, very nice of you as usual

I hope this doesn't confuse anyone but below is how you name your skins for each level as described by Megan above. Just a different way of viewing it.

Also, for the "i" values I have made a few this afternoon that are sized 32X32 versus 22X22. It just depends on the image. I needed the ones I made bigger just to get some clarity from it.

Copy and paste are your friends when naming each image.

charging_100
    discharging_100
    charging_100i
    discharging_100i
    charging_080
    discharging_080
    charging_080i
    discharging_080i
    charging_060
    discharging_060
    charging_060i
    discharging_060i
    charging_040
    discharging_040
    charging_040i
    discharging_040i
    charging_020
    discharging_020
    charging_020i
    discharging_020i
    charging_000
    discharging_000
    charging_000i
    discharging_000i
    preview
    thanks scott for the thorough example! i was going to do that, but figured it would take up too much space

like LuJuCa mentioned, the smaller icons can be set at 32x32, but i think it will show in the notification area at the 22x22 size
    10-05-10 05:06 PM
    here's a perfect halloween set from BlastTyrant! it's jason (from halloween) and some scary icons!

enjoy!!
    Last edited by songbird; 10-05-10 at 05:37 PM.
    10-05-10 05:13 PM
    thanks scott for the thorough example! i was going to do that, but figured it would take up too much space

like LuJuCa mentioned, the smaller icons can be set at 32x32, but i think it will show in the notification area at the 22x22 size
    Space?? Plenty of space to go around, have you ever seen the space Trackball Lights consumes? I am sure you are correct on the sizing in the notification area. I made the same image 2 different sizes, 22x22 and 32x32 and the 32x32 was much more crisp looking
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 10-05-10 at 05:47 PM.
    10-05-10 05:15 PM
    here's a perfect halloween set from BlastTyrant! it's jason (from halloween) and some scary icons!

enjoy!!
    um you forgot the zip lol
    10-05-10 05:24 PM
    um you forgot the zip lol
    oopsies, thanks for the heads up! fixed and all is well now!
    10-05-10 05:39 PM
    Thanks LuJuCa! I don't know why I never came across it!! Being used to green, BT and Songbird do you think you might change the fully charged color from dark blue to dark green? Everything else (I like the lighter blue) could just stay as is. This is what I was looking for!!
    hi there! i revised it for you, let me know how it looks!

also, i saw your previous requests, but i didn't do it cause i thought you wanted the stock icons and i don't have those. had i known the horizontal bars would've done the job, i would've done them for you awhile ago. i'm truly sorry! if these don't work out or you want more color options, please let me know. i've done several colors and it's easy to mix 'n match!
    10-05-10 07:43 PM
    Space?? Plenty of space to go around, have you ever seen the space Trackball Lights consumes? I am sure you are correct on the sizing in the notification area. I made the same image 2 different sizes, 22x22 and 32x32 and the 32x32 was much more crisp looking
    i don't know why, but i always feel bad about writing a long post or posting right after i already did

you're right on the 32x32. i've been doing that ever since BT mentioned that awhile back, it's become a habit now!
    10-05-10 07:46 PM
    It is perfect Songbird, thanks so much. PLEASE do not apologize, you've done me a great favor and I very much appreciate your time and talents in doing so. It should be ME apologizing for continually asking!
    Again, many thanks!
    10-05-10 07:51 PM
    Thanks Kurt, Songbird, and Scott. Awesome set!!!
    10-05-10 09:35 PM
    i get a lot of emails and PM's asking me questions and a lot of them are frequently asked. so, i thought i'd post them up here!

Q: how do i make a skin set?
    A: i did a step-by-step instruction above, check it out!

Q: how do you choose your icons for skins?
    A: i browse through various icon sites to find something that either catches my eye or was something that was requested. i'll download the image, resize, rename and edit if necessary. i like the charging icon to differ from discharging, so i'll either change up the color or add things to have it glow, sparkle or even change the image itself. if i cannot find what i'm looking for, i'll do a google search. for instance, if i'm looking for a basketball icon, i'll search "basketball.png". i add the .png as most png images are icons and don't have a background where the image needs to be extracted. if it does, i'll work on it (read next question)

Q: there's an image i like, but it has a white/crazy background. how do i take it out?

A: this is where i really wish i had photoshop! i'm using a mac and one of their apps that's preloaded is called "preview". i use this real basic application to extract the image, which is a tedious and repetitive thing. basically what i do is zoom the image to fill my laptop screen and use the "select lasso" and will crop out all the unnecessary part of the image. the reason why it's time consuming is because i need to make sure i crop what's necessary and not the image. so, i'll basically zoom in to crop, zoom out to check and repeat. kind of time consuming, but more repetitive. the end result to me is worth it! i don't know what photo editing application you have, but that's what i do

Q: why is it that when i download your zips from my blackberry i have a folder titled MACOSX?
    A: honestly, i don't know the reason for this and i wish there were a way to avoid this. from what BlastTyrant tells me, it's not a necessary folder and can be deleted and trust me, he should know! he works solely off of his bb when making skins and downloading them!!

Q: can i request something?
    A: of course! either post your request or PM me what you would like and i'll do my best to find an image to create a skin for you. when sending your request, please keep in mind of the image you would like and be specific. for example, don't just say "i want a ball", let me know what kind of ball, if you would like it to change as the level changes, would you like the same image for charging, etc. the more specific the better! it's even better if you have the image! also know that not all images can be created into skins. well, actually any image can, but not all will look great! you want to choose something that will look good and resemble what you want when it's in the small notification area. if you can't imagine it that small, then i would pass on it. please keep in mind that this is something i do for fun, so be patient on waiting for the end result. i'm usually quick and will send it out when done, but in real life i do work and run around like crazy. i would love to work on something for you and all i ask is that you're patient with me

thanks everyone!! hope this clarifies some things and if you have any more questions, just ask!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-06-10 12:06 AM
    can anyone make any of these items i would deeply appreciate it. thnks alot in advance. Marilyn Monroe, paint brushes w/brushes or a paint palet, sugarskulls, flamingo. ty ty ty ty
    10-06-10 01:38 AM
5,330 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD