I own a red hard top, and you can suprise me. I have version 1.8. Thank you so much!
    Claudia, check post#1149, i made two but think the lower one is nicer......
    09-19-10 09:51 AM
    Is there any Crackberry BatteryEx Skins?
    Please check Post #1138
    buford07 likes this.
    09-19-10 10:08 AM
    I'd be willing to make up a multi-state version of the CB skin (different colors for battery levels) if some one has a large sized, clean copy of the logo? Or even better, a .psd file of the logo?
    09-19-10 11:04 AM
    There seems to be an issue with BatteryEX versions 1.6 and 1.7 and skins. Make sure you have version 1.5 free/paid if you cannot get skins to show.

If you do upgrade or want to upgrade do a backup first using BBSAK or similar so you can go back if skins do not work or download the zip from the bottom of this post and install via PC or follow the link for OTA that BlastTyrant found. Not in English but scoll down to the link for 1.5

BatteryEx OTA

For those having trouble adding Icons this may help. First open up your Media Folder in Windows:

Double Click to Open your Blackberry Folder (Your memory Card):

Locate the m4dev Folder and Open that:

Create a 'Skins' Folder inside the m4dev folder and Open that:

Name a New Folder 'BatteryEx' and Open that:

Place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: Make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each Icon set.

Go to the application scroll to the Skin Tab and chose your skin:

Can NOT thank you enough for posting this step by step for dummies like myself...lol!
    09-19-10 12:10 PM
    Claudia, here is a cute VW Red Convertible Beetle Batt EX set just for you Ver1.5...
    Convertible when discharging and Hot Rod racing when charging....enjoy...this is unisex so check it out guys...................

Below an updated version with brighter and cleaner icon on discharging and notification area....download and replace.......

Another version and smaller RedVWBeetleConvertble will be my last and is the nicer
    You are awesome! Thank you so much for doing this for me. I really appreciate it.
    09-19-10 01:40 PM
    You are awesome! Thank you so much for doing this for me. I really appreciate it.
    Claudia, I am glad you like the skin set ...however, I think the background while little is actually annoying so I asked for help and Ducaticorse came through and aided me in solving the transparency issue when savings the skins so below you can download and replace the VWRedBeetle BattEXskin.

For the previous 28 to 32 skin sets I made, in the next few days. I will change the transparency in all of the them so that the icon "floats" on your notification area. My apologies to all.
    09-19-10 04:40 PM
    Claudia, I am glad you like the skin set ...however, I think the background while little is actually annoying so I asked for help and Ducaticorse came through and aided me in solving the transparency issue when savings the skins so below you can download and replace the VWRedBeetle BattEXskin.
    Good work!
    09-19-10 05:14 PM
    Good work!
    Thank you to both of you. Love it!!!!!
    09-19-10 05:43 PM
    I'm still using v1.5 should I upgrade?? I'm just using the free version.
    09-19-10 08:23 PM
    These are a few that I made when I first got battery ex, they are pretty simple actually.

I don't really know how to post previews of pictures
    09-19-10 09:21 PM
    I'm still using v1.5 should I upgrade?? I'm just using the free version.
    New version is easier to navigate. It ha s a new UI look.
    The rest of the new features are for the paid version only.
    If I were you, i would download it since it has proven to be very stable.
    Make sure you get Version 1.8
    09-19-10 11:00 PM
    Can someone make me night rider skin the car and back to the future to :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 11:19 PM
    Do I need to uninstall v1.5 first before installing v1.8? I don't want to loose all of the skins I have on there now.
    09-20-10 12:47 AM
    Do I need to uninstall v1.5 first before installing v1.8? I don't want to loose all of the skins I have on there now.
    I updated "over top" of my existing v1.5 and everything was smooth - I did not lose any of the skins I had installed previously. It would be worth backing up your skins if you're really concerned, but I had no issues. YMMV, as always.
    Last edited by Ducaticorse; 09-20-10 at 08:13 AM.
    09-20-10 07:57 AM
    I updated "over top" of my existing v1.5 and everything was smooth - I did not lose any of the skins I had installed previously. It would be worth backing up your skins if you're really concerned, but I had no issues. YMMV, as always.
    I installed 1.8 over top of 1.5 this morning and all went well, the skins are still there. BUT I have TWO icons now, they each open BatteryEX but one icon shows the skin I chose, the other icon does not change. The icon with skin has a text of the battery percentage, voltage and temp and the other icon is showing text of "628M/654M 96.1% FREE" I have no idea what this text is referring to, since when I open BatteryEX it shows that I have chosen the text to be "percentage, voltage and temp" ??? wonder what this second icon is for?
    09-20-10 08:49 AM
    I installed 1.8 over top of 1.5 this morning and all went well, the skins are still there. BUT I have TWO icons now, they each open BatteryEX but one icon shows the skin I chose, the other icon does not change. The icon with skin has a text of the battery percentage, voltage and temp and the other icon is showing text of "628M/654M 96.1% FREE" I have no idea what this text is referring to, since when I open BatteryEX it shows that I have chosen the text to be "percentage, voltage and temp" ??? wonder what this second icon is for?

Second icon "628M/654M 96.1% FREE" is referring to the amount of free memory available in your BB.......96.1% of 654 is 628 and must I say you have a one-of-a-kind fast Blackberry.........................

09-20-10 09:05 AM
    Pattye, there are a couple threads asking about the same thing. As Julio explained, it's apparently a "MemoryEx" feature provided in the newer version by the Dev. Unfortunately, it's not clear what the numbers mean? They don't match up well with memory status as reported by the system or by other apps. More discussion on this topic in a couple other threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bat...leased-530057/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bat...-issue-528104/

Pretty weird, mine shows: "122M/140M Free" while QL Status/Info window shows 84.66MB and the BB status screen shows 88.76MB "File Free."

The "MemoryEx" icon is skinnable as well - which is cool, but only if it's really useful and tells us valuable info. As of now, I personally have it hidden or buried in a folder.
    09-20-10 09:15 AM
    Does this memory icon show free RAM or free device memory?
    09-20-10 09:23 AM
    Pattye, there are a couple threads asking about the same thing. As Julio explained, it's apparently a "MemoryEx" feature provided in the newer version by the Dev. Unfortunately, it's not clear what the numbers mean? They don't match up well with memory status as reported by the system or by other apps. More discussion on this topic in a couple other threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bat...leased-530057/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bat...-issue-528104/

Pretty weird, mine shows: "122M/140M Free" while QL Status/Info window shows 84.66MB and the BB status screen shows 88.76MB "File Free."

The "MemoryEx" icon is skinnable as well - which is cool, but only if it's really useful and tells us valuable info. As of now, I personally have it hidden or buried in a folder.
    it is very weird, my Device Info screen shows Memory Free: 292.25MB??? where the heck does the 654MB come from? I am just hiding the icon because it does not take a skin for some reason, if I change the skin inside that icon it only changes the skinning on my second icon.
    09-20-10 09:52 AM
    Here are some skins I made for myself if anyone is interested. (The US flag and dunkin donut skins look much better than they do in the preview. Not sure why they came out like that... )

OMG.........U R THE BEST! I've been searching on how to get the DD ones!!!! Wish I knew how to make some so I could return the favor!!! Thank you so much...just made my day...lol
    09-20-10 03:18 PM
    How on earth do you all get the skins made so quick? Do you need a program for it?
    09-20-10 03:51 PM
    How on earth do you all get the skins made so quick? Do you need a program for it?
    Paint.NET is a good program for resizing and putting transparent backgrounds around icons. It's pretty simple, but can be time consuming if you want to get them perfect.
    09-20-10 03:54 PM
    OMG.........U R THE BEST! I've been searching on how to get the DD ones!!!! Wish I knew how to make some so I could return the favor!!! Thank you so much...just made my day...lol
    Awesome! It's always a pleasure to make someone's day!!

09-20-10 04:09 PM
    working on it... should have it ready by this evening

That's awesome - i look forward to it!
    09-20-10 04:13 PM
    I've still been having trouble getting the skins I download to "take" on the app. I'd hook up my BB to my laptop and transfer over. They would show up but when I tried to "use" them it would go back to the default icon. For any of you having the same problem, try e-mailing the skin zip file and download to the BatteryEx file. That did the trick for me.
    09-20-10 06:19 PM
5,330 ... 4647484950 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD