I have been doing what everyone is talking about all along. Still doesnt work. Here is what i see in the skin folder: No preview and the icon does not change on the homescreen, it is just the regular batteryex icon.

09-14-10 09:03 AM
    I've switched to 1.7, and the only thing I've been able to figure out, is that the developer isn't the only one who doesn't know how to explain how to get the skins to work. I've tried everything except deleting all my skins and starting over from scratch. It just doesn't wanna work ???
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-14-10 09:31 AM
    works for me 1.7 over 1.5 ziped all png and got them on my device memory, and the default is a moodded default thats why you see it there

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    09-14-10 09:39 AM
    works for me 1.7 over 1.5 ziped all png and got them on my device memory, and the default is a moodded default thats why you see it there

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Since I can't make myself delete the 100's of skins I have, I'm gonna do the next best thing. Move every one of them out of the BattEx folder and try putting a brand new skin in it. Maybe the problem lies with existing skins that were used with the previous version.

09-14-10 09:44 AM
    can i get the zip of these
    I know I'm pretty late with the response , but here it is anyways.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app...ml#post5535109
    09-14-10 09:57 AM
    i'm not gonna bother with 1.7

I am going to install 1.5 tonight when i get home and just wait for 1.7 to work properly. this is too much time and energy spent to make an app work.

last night while trying to fix this i accidentally updated my bb software and it took 6 HOURS!!!!!! i'm going back to what works and leaving it alone.

** does anyone have the .jad for 1.5? i would prefer not to use the .alx file through the loader if i can avoid it. Thank you **
    Last edited by fkornre; 09-14-10 at 10:03 AM.
    09-14-10 09:58 AM
    Yes, please do anyone have .jad got 1.5...don't have a pc. Been trying to find a way to get 1.5 back on phone without a pc! Email address is [email protected]. Thank u in advance!

09-14-10 10:22 AM
    *Dont have 1.5 trying to get it back without a pc. Excuse the other post..Need .jad

09-14-10 10:24 AM
    I've switched to 1.7, and the only thing I've been able to figure out, is that the developer isn't the only one who doesn't know how to explain how to get the skins to work. I've tried everything except deleting all my skins and starting over from scratch. It just doesn't wanna work ???
    I have been doing what everyone is talking about all along. Still doesnt work. Here is what i see in the skin folder: No preview and the icon does not change on the homescreen, it is just the regular batteryex icon.
    Is it because we are all doing the same thing wrong? At least I think I was doing something different from these two who got it working. They (who go it working) said they zipped the skins zipped in a file NOT in a folder. This means we have to download the skins, unzip them, open up the zip, move the icons out, and then zip up the icons as a group NOT in a folder. That is what these two users who got the app to work with 1.7 are telling us to do...YES?

Or am I reading it all wrong? I AM a teacher and have a tendency to become a stickler for details, etc. lol

Hope these directions are correct or I am grading myself an "F" for BatteryEx...lmao
    09-14-10 11:00 AM
    Is it because we are all doing the same thing wrong? At least I think I was doing something different from these two who got it working. They (who go it working) said they zipped the skins zipped in a file NOT in a folder. This means we have to download the skins, unzip them, open up the zip, move the icons out, and then zip up the icons as a group NOT in a folder. That is what these two users who got the app to work with 1.7 are telling us to do...YES?

Or am I reading it all wrong? I AM a teacher and have a tendency to become a stickler for details, etc. lol

Hope these directions are correct or I am grading myself an "F" for BatteryEx...lmao

well thats how i did it, here is one of my working skin for you to try

Attachment 72227
    09-14-10 11:08 AM
    That is exactly how I read it as well and did that. Once I did that I was able to see the name of the skin but no preview (yes there is a preview.png file). After trying to 'use' the skin it never shows, just the original batteryex skin.

we all get an 'F' i guess if they can figure it out and we cannot...lol
    09-14-10 11:11 AM

I kinda know what I'm doing, I'm one of the 1st (if not THE 1st) to start making skins when 1.5 was released LOL. I'm getting nowhere with this version, though (so far). I get the skin titles, but no preview. I hope the icons don't need to be zipped in a group instead of in a folder. I don't have a way to zip a group of files UNLESS they're in a folder.

09-14-10 11:11 AM
    well thats how i did it, here is one of my working skin for you to try

Attachment 72227
    so then according to your post, i should just save this zip file as is on my sd card in the skins folder and i should be good to go?
    09-14-10 11:14 AM
    so then according to your post, i should just save this zip file as is on my sd card in the skins folder and i should be good to go?
    yup thats the same i have on mine on the phone memory tho didnt try from sd card but should be the same, dont know why i got it to work but it does
    09-14-10 11:16 AM
    WOW...i just got it to work!!!!

a test file i added 10 mins ago and the one i just got from Habs69M and its working properly
    09-14-10 11:21 AM
    I have this skin already; it wasn't showing up before. It took me 1 1/2 hours, but I moved all existing skin zips out of the battex folder and will try putting 1 in and see if it works. I also had a cpl other media card anomalies, NOT related to BatteryEx, show up since installing 1.7. QL was reading my media card as being completely blank, and I couldn't move or delete a cpl files that I had sent to someone several days prior to installing 1.7.

09-14-10 11:22 AM

a test file i added 10 mins ago and the one i just got from Habs69M and its working properly
    hehe told you
    09-14-10 11:23 AM

So, I got mine to work last night...and it still works today. Everytime the minute hand hits 12...or in other words, it works but then they go away...EVERY last skin. I go into the app and see a blank screen. If I reboot, they all come back. There is still a bug in the app of 1.7. My personal thoughts, give us back 1.5, because that worked. If it's not broke, don't fix it. The 1.6 & 1.7 need to be BETA, not pushed out, but BETA tested. Back to being irritable over an app that is taking forever to figure out...shouldn't be so hard.
    09-14-10 11:58 AM
    I don't think there's anything "wrong" with 1.7. It works fine, but the skins are made in a different way than they are for 1.5. A major mistake, in my opinion. Cause the skins you were using with 1.5 won't work with 1.7. Not without a modification. The icons need to be zipped in a group, not a folder like the previous poster said. So don't bother using a zip that you dl'd to use with 1.5. It WON'T work

09-14-10 12:32 PM
    Posters should label skins for 1.5 or for 1.7.

09-14-10 12:36 PM
    i do not know if that is entirely true BT...i just went back in this thread and found a random post by songbird (the scooby doo skin) back on page 66 or something...i downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, took the files and re-zipped them, then loaded into my skin folder...its working perfectly
    09-14-10 12:52 PM
    i do not know if that is entirely true BT...i just went back in this thread and found a random post by songbird (the scooby doo skin) back on page 66 or something...i downloaded the zip file, unzipped it, took the files and re-zipped them, then loaded into my skin folder...its working perfectly
    You had to modify it to get it to work. The original zip won't work. It needs to be extracted and rezipped to make it work. Nearly everyone has been trying to use the original zips

09-14-10 12:56 PM
    OK, so my guess (steps) were correct. Now, next question. Where do we find version 1.7?
    And once we do, we have to re-zip everything...right?
    But has anyone else had problems with things disappearing on them like nicey says is happening to her?????
    I don't want that!
    09-14-10 01:03 PM
    BatteryEx 1.7 link http://m.m4dev.com/dl/BatteryEx50.jad

09-14-10 01:08 PM
    You had to modify it to get it to work. The original zip won't work. It needs to be extracted and rezipped to make it work. Nearly everyone has been trying to use the original zips

oh very true...i def had to redo the ones i downloaded. lucky for me that is only about 10 or so...its a pain for someone like you with a ton of them but at least if there are a few you really like it will only take a few mins to convert them...going forward i guess things will have to be done differently for the 1.7 version

OK, so my guess (steps) were correct. Now, next question. Where do we find version 1.7?
    And once we do, we have to re-zip everything...right?
    But has anyone else had problems with things disappearing on them like nicey says is happening to her?????
    I don't want that!
    mine has only been working for 2 hours so i don't know if that will happen...i will post any findings i come across.
    09-14-10 01:15 PM
5,330 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD