Thanks Megan for all the awesome skins.
    09-12-10 11:28 PM
    Thanks Megan for all the awesome skins.
    you're welcome!! how's our friend "glowy" doing, aka "glowy turtle fish thing"
    09-13-10 12:08 AM
    sorry if this has been done already
    took the image from desktop manager

09-13-10 01:18 PM
    need some help...

i upgraded from 1.5 to 1.7 now i cannot use any of my skins. I noticed that with 1.7 you save the zip file to your sd card rather than unzipping the file and saving the folder like in 1.5 but now i cannot see any of the skins i am saving. the path is right and i see the name of the file but i do not see a preview pic and when i save and go to my homescreen the icon is still the standard batteryex icon. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thank you
    09-13-10 01:50 PM
    need some help...

i upgraded from 1.5 to 1.7 now i cannot use any of my skins. I noticed that with 1.7 you save the zip file to your sd card rather than unzipping the file and saving the folder like in 1.5 but now i cannot see any of the skins i am saving. the path is right and i see the name of the file but i do not see a preview pic and when i save and go to my homescreen the icon is still the standard batteryex icon. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thank you
    yeah 1.6 doesn't work still. The developer needs to issue a patch. Although you have tried to follow the instructions, they don't work. The only choice you have to use your skins is to go back to version 1.5. Go back to page 4 i think it is of the posts and download version 1.5 and reinstall it. Then unzip all your skins and put them all back on your card.

It took me a day to reinstall and put back all my batteryex stuff after I tried to upgrade. Just don't bother because it doesn't work. Stay with 1.5.
    09-13-10 03:12 PM
    even tho everyone says not to, im gonna update to 1.7 and see if i can figure out skins. ive seen other people that have skins working and i just have to try it. i'll post my findings
    09-13-10 03:42 PM
    yea i cant figure it out lol

but looking at the manual is says that more .png files are need to work with the newer version. apart from the normal charging and discharging files it also needs:

m.png - memory icon shows on homescreen, 64x64 pixel

dot.png - display battery status on bottom of escreen. 16x48 or 24x72 pixel, this file contains three 16x16 or 24x24 image, each means"left battery power","using battery power" and "used battery power", from left to right

echarging.png - display charging indicator on top right of escreen with fade-in/ fade-out effect, 64x64~256x256 pixel.

backgroundyyyxzzz.png - escreen background image file, yyy is screen height and zzz is screen width. can contain more than one bacjground image.

hope this helps

now im going back to old version
    09-13-10 04:40 PM
    yeah 1.6 doesn't work still. The developer needs to issue a patch. Although you have tried to follow the instructions, they don't work. The only choice you have to use your skins is to go back to version 1.5. Go back to page 4 i think it is of the posts and download version 1.5 and reinstall it. Then unzip all your skins and put them all back on your card.

It took me a day to reinstall and put back all my batteryex stuff after I tried to upgrade. Just don't bother because it doesn't work. Stay with 1.5.
    thank you jaydee...i worked all night on it and am tired today cause i thought i messed something up. good to know i didnt
    09-13-10 05:49 PM
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong! I've installed the zipped and unzipped files. I've seen them on the skins page of the app and click on them, hit use and nothing. Standard icon. Help!! I think I've got version 1.6 but not sure.
    09-13-10 08:24 PM
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong! I've installed the zipped and unzipped files. I've seen them on the skins page of the app and click on them, hit use and nothing. Standard icon. Help!! I think I've got version 1.6 but not sure.
    Yes 1.6 has many problems, please go back to 1.5. I've just received an email by the developer 'claiming' that you hv to put your skins in a ZIP FORMAT in order to work...except it doesnt work period.
    09-13-10 10:32 PM
    yea i cant figure it out lol

but looking at the manual is says that more .png files are need to work with the newer version. apart from the normal charging and discharging files it also needs:

m.png - memory icon shows on homescreen, 64x64 pixel

dot.png - display battery status on bottom of escreen. 16x48 or 24x72 pixel, this file contains three 16x16 or 24x24 image, each means"left battery power","using battery power" and "used battery power", from left to right

echarging.png - display charging indicator on top right of escreen with fade-in/ fade-out effect, 64x64~256x256 pixel.

backgroundyyyxzzz.png - escreen background image file, yyy is screen height and zzz is screen width. can contain more than one bacjground image.

hope this helps

now im going back to old version
    wow! if that's the case, i'm definitely sticking with 1.5. hopefully there will be an easier way to do this rather than all the steps necessary in the above!
    09-13-10 10:53 PM
    Seems like 1.5 was the best version out there
    09-13-10 10:57 PM
    I need help with this please. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the skins for this app. I am not the smartest individual out there but at the same time I am not the dumbest either. Is there any EASY instructions on how to do this. I don't know what it means to transfer the unzipped folder to another folder then put on the memory card????? This is greek to me and to be honest very frustrating as well. I have been able to figure out everything on my 9700 up to this point. Try hard not to laugh at me if you can, all I need is some assistance (or possibly a lot). Thanks in advance!
    09-13-10 10:58 PM
    sorry if this has been done already
    took the image from desktop manager

Thanks just grab this one
    09-13-10 10:59 PM
    i went from 1.5 to 1.7 without uninstalling 1.5 and all skins work fine, your zip file must have all the images at the root of the zip file and not in a folder, what i mean is dont zip the folder of your skin but zip the content, anyways hope you understant.

thats how i got it to work anyways
    09-13-10 10:59 PM
    here's a set of glowy animals that will glow in a special way when charged.

enjoy!!

GLOWY ANIMALS 1:
    Carterism and evil.bunny like this.
    09-14-10 01:56 AM

enjoy!!

GLOWY ANIMALS 2:
    essex2start and evil.bunny like this.
    09-14-10 01:57 AM

enjoy!!

GLOWY ANIMALS 3:
    evil.bunny and faithls44 like this.
    09-14-10 01:59 AM

enjoy!!

GLOWY ANIMALS 4:
    essex2start likes this.
    09-14-10 01:59 AM
    How to use skins on BatteryEX v1.7: just put the zip folder directly to the m4dev folder inside ur SD card..but remember the zip file only contains .png file for skins and U need to unzip the zip contains the folder with .png file and then make a new zip folder contains only the .png file.. and it should work
    just PM me if u don't get it
    09-14-10 02:00 AM

...and finally the last one!!

* the firefly is not included as the one posted in my screenshots have accidentally been deleted. will redo and post in a grab bag, sorry!

enjoy!!

GLOWY ANIMALS 5:
    essex2start likes this.
    09-14-10 02:01 AM
    SO! I was in the 1.6 upgrade boat, where once you upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6, battery ex no longer worked, especially on my torch. I contacted the developer who said that I needed to just put the zip files directly into the "skins" folder without extracting the files. I did it..it did NOT work. Odd...especially when 1.5 worked fine on my torch. I've been at it for a few days trying to get it to work with no luck. So I tried one more time, and it works. What did I do to fix it???? I went to the link below, even though it says it's for os5.0, and entered the jad url in the browser, and it gave me an upgrade for the 1.7, which I haven't found anywhere else on line.

So if you're having trouble still, and it's irking you as much as it was ticking me off for the past week, use the url below to get directly to 1.7 which works fine. I would avoid 1.6, because once I upgraded to 1.7, all my skins showed up fine. good luck

URL for OS5.0+ http://m.m4dev.com/dl/BatteryEx50.jad
    09-14-10 03:43 AM
    Thanks song bird for making more skins for all of us to grab.
    09-14-10 06:48 AM
    i went from 1.5 to 1.7 without uninstalling 1.5 and all skins work fine, your zip file must have all the images at the root of the zip file and not in a folder, what i mean is dont zip the folder of your skin but zip the content, anyways hope you understant.

thats how i got it to work anyways
    OMG! why didn't they make this clear in the shoddy instructions????
    Holy moley!!!!
    We can do that! Don't zip the images in the folder, just zip all the images...are you sure this works cause I lost a day of my life fiddling with this stuff already....I will do it again this weekend if this really works!

Please say its true!!!!!
    09-14-10 07:19 AM
    OMG! why didn't they make this clear in the shoddy instructions????
    Holy moley!!!!
    We can do that! Don't zip the images in the folder, just zip all the images...are you sure this works cause I lost a day of my life fiddling with this stuff already....I will do it again this weekend if this really works!

Please say its true!!!!!

yup just like JetShinoda said and it works fine
    09-14-10 08:00 AM
5,330 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD