last one for the night...

enjoy and have a super friday & weekend!!!

the rose skins were a collab with BlastTyrant!! thanks buddy!!

GRAB BAG #11:
    08-26-10 11:57 PM
    Excellent!! Thanks songbird and bt. I'm mad for skins b/c of you two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 03:10 AM
    Thanks songbird! Awesome as always
    08-27-10 07:57 AM
    Songbird, thanks for all the skins and your hard work! This is so much fun.
    08-27-10 08:06 AM
    I've got the torch and when I first got it the folder for the skins wasn't there for some reason. I checked again yesterday as I missed my skins from my 9700 and it was back. Loaded that sucker right up! Love the halloween ones songbird put up. They go great with the wallpapers vsuga posted in the wallpapers section. I'm running version 1.5 in case anyone was curious.
    08-27-10 08:21 AM
    So after my format disaster yesterday I went through and re-dl'd a bunch of skins. Problem now is that the new version of Batteryex I have says that I don't have any skins. I know they are saved just like I did it with the old version. I even had to go back and exclude the dev4m file in media, so they wouldn't show in my pictures. Any smarty pants out there know how to help me!!????

EDIT:: thx to those in the forum who posted that vers 1.5 was avail in the app store. I dl'd the old version, and VOILA I'm back in business!!!

Last edited by mimicurtis; 08-27-10 at 12:13 PM.
    08-27-10 11:52 AM
    Cool Halloween Skins by BT
    08-27-10 06:02 PM
    Thanks to all who have upped so many great skins...

I am searching for one that clearly indicates the battery level - both charging and discharging - with the small icon (the one I would see if I were, say, web browsing). I found a few that looked good but in practice they were too small and the change too imperceptible to really notice.

Also I'd like for it to be 5 different ranges - i.e. 0-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    08-27-10 07:35 PM
    Thanks to all who have upped so many great skins...

I am searching for one that clearly indicates the battery level - both charging and discharging - with the small icon (the one I would see if I were, say, web browsing). I found a few that looked good but in practice they were too small and the change too imperceptible to really notice.

Also I'd like for it to be 5 different ranges - i.e. 0-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    The best ones that clearly indicate a change in level, are the ones that change color rather than a level like a typical battery icon. I think just about every one of these skins is just window dressing. I look at the number value if I want to know what the battery level actually is. The level that is displayed by the icon is only accurate at the moment it changes.

08-28-10 01:14 AM
    For some reason my skins doesn't work anymore. It just doesn't show up. I tried setting it on device memory as well as external memory. The path looks okay - /m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/skins name. Major bug? I've also set all permissions to allow.
    08-28-10 07:27 AM
    For some reason my skins doesn't work anymore. It just doesn't show up. I tried setting it on device memory as well as external memory. The path looks okay - /m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/skins name. Major bug? I've also set all permissions to allow.
    Did you reinstall? Perhaps you got version 1.6 from the first post of this thread? If so you need to downgrade to 1.5 available from the CrackBerry store.
    08-28-10 08:34 AM
    The best ones that clearly indicate a change in level, are the ones that change color rather than a level like a typical battery icon. I think just about every one of these skins is just window dressing. I look at the number value if I want to know what the battery level actually is. The level that is displayed by the icon is only accurate at the moment it changes.

I agree - and the color change needs to be very noticeable - some are just lighter or different shades of the same color - it needs to go from like green to light blue to yellow to light red to dark red or something.

While the icon is only a "range" you're in - I do find it helpful. It lets you know what "ballpark" you're in. As long as you have the capability to know this from any screen, you may as well.

I took about 10 of SongBird's very nicely done skins and combined them together to create this one (attached) that really does a pretty good job - only I'm not a huge fan of the icon itself because I honestly prefer a slick looking battery icon!
    08-28-10 08:38 AM
    Jack o Lantern by BT
    08-28-10 09:04 AM
    This is not a tag
    08-28-10 10:08 AM
    ive installed the skins into the batteryex folder and when i go through my bb to select a skin they are not there ? would this be because i only have the trial version or have i done something wrong ?
    08-28-10 12:02 PM
    ive installed the skins into the batteryex folder and when i go through my bb to select a skin they are not there ? would this be because i only have the trial version or have i done something wrong ?
    No the free/trial version works fine. Make sure you are using version 1.5 as 1.6 has issues with skins.
    08-28-10 12:07 PM
    yeah its version 1.6 :-( how can i delete it and get version 1.5 ?
    08-28-10 12:18 PM
    I think 1.5 is still available in the app store

08-28-10 12:21 PM
    Go to options and delete it from your application list.

Then go to software.crackberry.com and search for BatteryEx and download 1.5 from there.
    08-28-10 12:23 PM
    I agree - and the color change needs to be very noticeable - some are just lighter or different shades of the same color - it needs to go from like green to light blue to yellow to light red to dark red or something.

While the icon is only a "range" you're in - I do find it helpful. It lets you know what "ballpark" you're in. As long as you have the capability to know this from any screen, you may as well.

I took about 10 of SongBird's very nicely done skins and combined them together to create this one (attached) that really does a pretty good job - only I'm not a huge fan of the icon itself because I honestly prefer a slick looking battery icon!
    I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I did a skin called "Human Icons Updated". Very noticeable level change on the icon.

08-28-10 12:24 PM
    thanks guys
    08-28-10 12:25 PM
    I'm not sure if it's been posted, but I did a skin called "Human Icons Updated". Very noticeable level change on the icon.

It is posted again.......
    08-28-10 12:32 PM

That's a pretty good one. I'd offer two critiques though:

1) The battery icon itself is kind of boring/old looking.
    2) The color scheme is a little drab - also I do think it helps a lot to have the color change - like I suggested before green -> light blue - > yellow -> light red -> dark red ... seems like it would be a very good contrast for that purpose.

Please don't take any offense - I'm just being constructive and I've seen your skins and they are very well done! I certainly can't do anything like that with my basic "MS Paint" skills lol.
    08-28-10 12:53 PM
    hey there! BlastTyrant sent over these skins and they're great! each level shows a different icon, even the small icons change!! they're super, so i suggest you check them out!

thanks BT!!!

HALLOWEEN MASH-UP:
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    08-28-10 03:03 PM
    Can someone post the Miami Dolphins...TIA
    08-28-10 03:04 PM
5,330 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD