Follow the path exactly as I highlighted in red:

Last edited by andyahs; 08-26-10 at 09:19 PM.
    08-26-10 09:16 PM
    The names of the folders are important. You are putting them on your memory card right?
    Last edited by andyahs; 08-26-10 at 09:22 PM.
    08-26-10 09:20 PM
    The names of the folders are important. You are putting them on your memory card right?
    Again I am sure if you look at my screenshots you'll see I have the folders named correctly and the files in the proper place - if not, please tell me where I've messed up.

I have them now, in the correct format, on both my memory card and the internal storage and neither shows up when I toggle the location to look for them within the BatteryEx app.
    08-26-10 09:24 PM
    Again I am sure if you look at my screenshots you'll see I have the folders named correctly and the files in the proper place - if not, please tell me where I've messed up.

I have them now, in the correct format, on both my memory card and the internal storage and neither shows up when I toggle the location to look for them within the BatteryEx app.
    I saw your SS and it shows BatteryEx>BatteryEx2 that is not correct.

Look at the path I showed it is different to what you show. There is no BatteryEx2 folder.
    Last edited by andyahs; 08-26-10 at 09:33 PM.
    08-26-10 09:30 PM
    I saw your SS and it shows BatteryEX>BatterEX2 that is not correct.

Look at the path I showed it is different to what you show. There is no BatteryEx2 folder.
    BatteryEx2 is a skin folder in the BatteryEx folder - which is where it's supposed to be - it's a little redundantly called BatteryEx two because it's the skin I downloaded from post #1 of this thread.
    08-26-10 09:32 PM
    All your skin folders go in the BatteryEx folder.
    08-26-10 09:34 PM
    BatteryEx2 is a skin folder in the BatteryEx folder - which is where it's supposed to be - it's a little redundantly called BatteryEx two because it's the skin I downloaded from post #1 of this thread.
    Remove the 2 from the BatteryEx2 folder.
    08-26-10 09:36 PM
    the name i believe (maybe not) is the problem in your shot you have m4dev/skins/batteryex/batteryex2<--- rename this folder of icons to something else maybe "default, stock" etc and see if the app will read the folder then go into app, about and activate to see if this works
    just a thought

^^^^^ my thoughts ^^^^^
    08-26-10 09:36 PM
    the name i believe (maybe not) is the problem in your shot you have m4dev/skins/batteryex/batteryex2<--- rename this folder of icons to something else maybe "default, stock" etc and see if the app will read the folder then go into app, about and activate to see if this works
    just a thought
    There's another folder in there that I downloaded from this thread as well - I just arbitrarily named it "skin" - I'll name it gnome or something so it's not so confusing.

"BatteryEx2" is just the name of the skin folder that the OP has in his download link from post #1 of this thread.
    08-26-10 09:38 PM
    just a thought

^^^^^ my thoughts ^^^^^
    Exactly or just remove the 2 from the folder......
    08-26-10 09:40 PM
    There's another folder in there that I downloaded from this thread as well - I just arbitrarily named it "skin" - I'll name it gnome or something so it's not so confusing.

"BatteryEx2" is just the name of the skin folder that the OP has in his download link from post #1 of this thread.
    Why he did that I do not know and also as another member found out make sure your have downloaded the correct version for your software.
    08-26-10 09:43 PM
    Here I renamed the folders and even downloaded another skin from this thread. See if you see anything wrong here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    08-26-10 09:43 PM
    Why he did that I do not know and also as another member found out make sure your have downloaded the correct version for your software.
    I used the 5.0 link in the .txt file from post #1.

From the about screen:

BatteryEx50 1.6.100826

Obviously I'm using a Torch so it's OS 6.0...
    08-26-10 09:44 PM
    I used the 5.0 link in the .txt file from post #1.

From the about screen:

BatteryEx50 1.6.100826

Obviously I'm using a Torch so it's OS 6.0...
    Is anyone else using this on the 9800?:

BatteryEx free for OS5.0 | The Ultimate Battery Info Viewer - Utilities BlackBerry Apps

Last edited by andyahs; 08-26-10 at 09:59 PM.
    08-26-10 09:56 PM
    I saw this person using two different skins:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/po...ml#post5483427

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/po...ml#post5498257

EDIT: I'm not sure yet why this post says version 1.5 - so does your CrackBerry store link - and yet I downloaded 1.6?
    Last edited by jeffreii; 08-26-10 at 10:01 PM.
    08-26-10 09:58 PM
    Your path is correct now. The only suggestion I have is PM a member that is using it on the 9800 and ask what version they are using and where they got it.

All Permissions are set to "Allow"? and you did a restart?
    08-26-10 10:09 PM
    Your path is correct now. The only suggestion I have is PM a member that is using it on the 9800 and ask what version they are using and where they got it.

All Permissions are set to "Allow"? and you did a restart?
    It looks like I can download 1.5 from the CrackBerry store - I'll remove 1.6 and try 1.5...see what happens.

Still not sure why I got 1.6 but that's the link from the OP of this thread...

EDIT: Yes - default permissions on my device are allows 100% allow.

I've done several reboots even though the instructions say no reboot necessary.
    08-26-10 10:12 PM
    Haha wow all that and 1.5 works!

Avoid 1.6 if you're on the 9800...maybe some of you on supported devices should give 1.6 a try lol
    08-26-10 10:17 PM
    Haha wow all that and 1.5 works!

Avoid 1.6 if you're on the 9800...maybe some of you on supported devices should give 1.6 a try lol
    That is odd as I expected the 1.6 would be an update for the 9800......

Glad you got it.................
    08-26-10 10:24 PM
    I'm glad you got it too. Maybe next time this happens people should try private messages or BBM. I had so many emails for updates to this thread. This is when subscribing to a thread isn't good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 10:29 PM
    I'm glad you got it too. Maybe next time this happens people should try private messages or BBM. I had so many emails for updates to this thread. This is when subscribing to a thread isn't good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I can imagine someone else with a 9800 (and maybe this effects other devices too...) coming here to download the app and themes and having the same problem as I did - at least they will eventually see the solution - strange as it may be.

EDIT: Also I just found that the addition skin (BatteryEx2) in post #1 from the OP is missing a "charging _100" icon.
    08-26-10 10:33 PM
    I need to bump these Icons by Songbird and BT

They are well done.........
    08-26-10 10:34 PM
    although i'm not a fan of hello kitty (totally used to be), i thought i'd share these hello kitty skins!

again, another grab bag, but exclusively hello kitty! what's in the bag? who knows, check it out!!

enjoy!!

HELLO KITTY GRAB BAG:
    08-26-10 11:12 PM
    ok, here are a few more grab bags!!

enjoy!!

* this grab bag contains another dirty humor set...if it's not your thing, the delete button is your friend!!

GRAB BAG #9:
    jessiesgirl67 likes this.
    08-26-10 11:55 PM
    enjoy!!

GRAB BAG #10:
    08-26-10 11:56 PM
5,330 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD