Thanks so much for making these DOOM joints! You folks that made the teddy bears, and skins like that have done a nice job but they were too girlie for me. These DOOM skins take me back...
    Yes, they do bring you back to the good ol' days. Thought it would be a good idea for decreasing battery/health besides an actual icon of a battery draining.

Once I figured out how to get a transparent background it took a lot of cropping/cutting, and just when I thought I might be done I left something out, or did something wrong. Finally got it though, and I think I could get used to this Just wish we could do this for every app!

And great job to all the other members making skins. Keep it up!
    07-30-10 10:41 PM
    And a few more....(still girly)
    07-30-10 10:42 PM
    Ok so I am able to correctly install a skin and it show up on the homescreen. However, when I go to charge the phone, it reverts back to the default skin and when I unplug it is still default skin. I have to go back into the skin tab in the app and click on reload on the skin I want for it to work again.

What am I doing wrong?
    07-31-10 12:57 AM
    woohoo thanks for the girly ones
    07-31-10 01:16 AM
    we need more guy ones
    07-31-10 02:15 AM
    Ok so I am able to correctly install a skin and it show up on the homescreen. However, when I go to charge the phone, it reverts back to the default skin and when I unplug it is still default skin. I have to go back into the skin tab in the app and click on reload on the skin I want for it to work again.

What am I doing wrong?
    By charging the phone, I assume you mean by plugging it into the usb port in the computer?
    If that is what you are doing, then the phone can't read the SD card and that would make sense so it can't see the new icons for the indicators. But when you unplug from there, it should go back to what you have chosen.

I'm not sure why it is working that way. All I can say is I will try it and see if mine does the same thing and maybe someone else can give us their opinion as well, ok?
    07-31-10 07:22 AM
    i decided not to be hoarder so here are some of the skins that i've made. mostly girly, but nothing HK. :P

hope u guys like them!

edit: added images. the images won't have black/white backgrounds when used as icons.
    Last edited by buttincheek; 08-01-10 at 10:55 AM.
    07-31-10 07:27 AM
    And a few more....(still girly)
    thank you for these girly ones, awesome!!
    07-31-10 07:49 AM
    thanks everyone for all the great skins!!!
    07-31-10 08:38 AM
    By charging the phone, I assume you mean by plugging it into the usb port in the computer?
    If that is what you are doing, then the phone can't read the SD card and that would make sense so it can't see the new icons for the indicators. But when you unplug from there, it should go back to what you have chosen.

I'm not sure why it is working that way. All I can say is I will try it and see if mine does the same thing and maybe someone else can give us their opinion as well, ok?
    Shawnee and Jaydee:

If you want to use non--standard icons and expect them to work, you should probably place them in internal memory so that when the usb cord is plugged in, the internal icons are available whereas with MassStorageMode, the sd card "disappears." If the icons are small, then they would not take up much space in internal memory. You can either use the Roxio component of Dekstop Manger or you can use Filescout or the MediaPlayer's Explore to move stuff from the sd card to internal memory. Drill down to user/home/pictures or some order like that.
    07-31-10 09:45 AM
    Shawnee and Jaydee:

If you want to use non--standard icons and expect them to work, you should probably place them in internal memory so that when the usb cord is plugged in, the internal icons are available whereas with MassStorageMode, the sd card "disappears." If the icons are small, then they would not take up much space in internal memory. You can either use the Roxio component of Dekstop Manger or you can use Filescout or the MediaPlayer's Explore to move stuff from the sd card to internal memory. Drill down to user/home/pictures or some order like that.
    Unfortunately this won't work for BatteryEx skins, as the app by default uses skins stored on the memory card.
    You can't direct it to use skins stored in the device memory.

Easy fix... charge via the charger or charging pod, and not via USB
    07-31-10 11:02 AM
    I'll add the ones that I made too!
    07-31-10 11:19 AM
    i decided not to be hoarder so here are some of the skins that i've made. mostly girly, but nothing HK. :P

hope u guys like them!
    I like the super mario set
    07-31-10 01:01 PM
    The chucks and box boy are hotnesssssssss! Imma make more when I get home. I have a lot of png's saved on the lappy!
    07-31-10 01:02 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the awesome skins, keep em coming!
    07-31-10 01:06 PM
    You guys are putting out some great skins. Love to see this dedication to a great app.
    07-31-10 01:12 PM
    Thanks for all the skins, they're great I made a few and was wondering how I uploaded them as a zip file?
    07-31-10 02:03 PM
    thanks, these are great!!!
    07-31-10 02:39 PM
    love the blueicon skin posted earlier, thanks for all that are contributing!
    07-31-10 03:05 PM
    sharing these with love!
    rae2u_112 and kacantrell like this.
    07-31-10 04:21 PM
    and heres some more!
    kacantrell and rae2u_112 like this.
    07-31-10 04:32 PM
    Just thought I would add a few of my own....sorry guys but these are all girly
    Barbie, I grabbed some of these from your site!! So glad you posted them here, too! Thanks so much for your efforts, they are really cute!!
    07-31-10 05:28 PM
    Unfortunately this won't work for BatteryEx skins, as the app by default uses skins stored on the memory card.
    You can't direct it to use skins stored in the device memory.

Easy fix... charge via the charger or charging pod, and not via USB
    Or you can turn off the automatic Mass Storage Mode setting until you actually need it.
    In that case, the skinned B-Ex icon shows just fine while attached to USB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 08:05 PM
    Awesome collection y'all ...thanks to everyone for sharing
    07-31-10 08:19 PM
    Thanks to all for sharing!!
    07-31-10 09:19 PM
5,330 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD