Hi everyone,

It's not so convenient when you want to check the actually battery level, you may need to goto "options"-"status" to check battery level, if you have other battery apps installed, you may need to run that app or goto homescreen to check the battery level or other info. And if you want to save your battery as well, you may need to other apps.

That's why I developed BatteryEx, with BatteryEx, you can check your battery level in most apps, such as messaging, calendar as so on, you do not to quit current app or goto homescreen to do so, and also, BatteryEx have other features that can make your battery life longer.

I have updated BatteryEx to version 1.5, with many improvements, here is feature list:

1. Show battery level in device's notification area (top of screen by default), this icon and battery level can be shown in many apps.
    2. Show battery level/temp/voltage at homescreen.
    3. *NEW*, BatteryEx 1.5 now support skins. You may not like the default icon style, now you can customize the icon set yourself very easy.
    4. turn of radio if there is no or low signal, the low signal level can be customized.
    5. turn of wifi power if wifi is out of coverage.
    6. auto standby feature let your device automatically enter standby mode to save more power

Versions
    =====================
    BatteryEx has 2 versions, free and paid, feature 1,2,3 is available in free version, and all the feature is available in paid verion.

Download
    =====================
    I'm sorry, I can't post urls, please check "ota.txt" for OTA address.

Before You Install
    =====================
    1. Please UNINSTALL old version of BatteryEx first, you need to reactivate BatteryEx after install new version.
    2. If your device's software version is 5.0, but you need long press "mute" key to enter standby mode, you need to install BatteryEx for OS4.6, NOT BatteryEx for OS5.0
    3. If your device's software version is 5.0, please set all the permission of BatteryEx to "allow", and reset your device to let "standby" feature to work.
    06-16-10 11:53 AM
    Fantastic app! I won it in the comp on this site a couple of weeks ago. I've d/l the update and all is fine except that I cannot get the auto standby feature.

I have the feature enabled and the timeout set to 30 seconds, but it doesn't seem to set the bb into standby mode.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 02:45 PM
    Fantastic app! I won it in the comp on this site a couple of weeks ago. I've d/l the update and all is fine except that I cannot get the auto standby feature.

I have the feature enabled and the timeout set to 30 seconds, but it doesn't seem to set the bb into standby mode.

Any suggestions?

Please set all the permissions to "allow ", and reset your device

06-16-10 07:45 PM
    I really like this app and its worked well for me. I was hoping in a future version you may be able to have a setting so that the wifi turns back on when you get in range of a network. I see you have a feature that does this for the radio, but not the wifi. Other than that one small request the app is great! Great work on it
    06-28-10 01:17 PM
    How do I get this app? Please send me PM with OTA link if available.

06-28-10 02:23 PM
    Please set all the permissions to "allow ", and reset your device

I tried that and it's still not working! Any other suggestions?

06-28-10 04:45 PM
    No 4.5 love?
    06-28-10 05:00 PM
    Anyone? How do I get this app?

06-28-10 05:34 PM
    Anyone? How do I get this app?

Here:
    BatteryEx Free for OS4.6+ | The Ultimate Battery Info Viewer - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    06-28-10 06:12 PM
    Thanks for the link

06-29-10 05:47 AM
    downloading it now gonna see how it is
    06-29-10 07:35 AM
    I noticed when I have the BatteryEx2 skin activated, and it is charging in the 85-100% range, the icon switches to the default charge icon/skin.

Also, is there somewhere that I can get additional skins? I see in the screenshots there are some extras. I know you can make your own but I don't really have the time or patience.

Loving the app so far though.
    06-29-10 12:32 PM
    How do i get this in the folder its supposed to be in?

figured it out....
    Last edited by Ca3sar; 06-29-10 at 03:10 PM.
    06-29-10 02:33 PM
    So...OP just disappeared? Anyone else notice the issue while charging that I mentioned a couple posts up?
    07-12-10 09:22 AM
    yes i noticed that as well. I just made copies of the 80% icons and renamed them to the 100% values and it works fine.
    Last edited by sabbotage; 07-12-10 at 03:03 PM.
    07-12-10 12:20 PM
    anyone have custom skin that they wish to share? How do I get the one in the pics in the first post?
    07-12-10 01:45 PM
    anyone have custom skin that they wish to share? How do I get the one in the pics in the first post?
    There is a zip file at the end of the first post. Unzip them on your computer, then copy and paste all the images into the BatteryEx folder on your Blackberry.

As far as downloading other skins, I'm not sure. I asked if there was somewhere to get more a few posts back. I'm hoping someone will make some and post them because I don't have the patience to make my own
    07-12-10 04:04 PM
    is this app able to turn radio back on when you do a battery pulll
    07-12-10 05:58 PM
    I have several sets of skins I've put together. But, I can't post attachments. If anyone wants them, my email is [email protected] I'd like to trade sets. Also, I have a set of iphone batt icons. Is it possible to resize them? If so, does anyone know how to do it? I don't have a pc, so I can't even experiment with it.

07-20-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks you for the nice app!
    07-21-10 02:49 AM
    I have several sets of skins I've put together. But, I can't post attachments. If anyone wants them, my email is [email protected] I'd like to trade sets. Also, I have a set of iphone batt icons. Is it possible to resize them? If so, does anyone know how to do it? I don't have a pc, so I can't even experiment with it.

I will gladly try out your skins. As for resizing, I think you will have to use a computer for that. I'm not aware of any way (app or otherwise) to do it on your Blackberry.
    07-23-10 11:58 AM
    There seems to be some kind of problem sending emails to certain people. Puckrobber and Jen, I made several attempts to email you the files. I get the email returned with a msg saying, "Undeliverable, unknown address". Try adding me on BBM; my pin is 30BB1741.
    Also, I'm not able to get attachments on wap browser, would someone mind dl'ing the zip file from the 1st post and sending it to me? TIA!

Last edited by BlastTyrant; 07-23-10 at 12:13 PM.
    07-23-10 12:09 PM
    There seems to be some kind of problem sending emails to certain people. Puckrobber and Jen, I made several attempts to email you the files. I get the email returned with a msg saying, "Undeliverable, unknown address". Try adding me on BBM; my pin is 30BB1741.
    Also, I'm not able to get attachments on wap browser, would someone mind dl'ing the zip file from the 1st post and sending it to me? TIA!

Bro, don't you have these already?
    07-23-10 12:36 PM

hey you already sent them to me and i have the zip file of your icons. Do you want me to post them on here for you so you dont have to email them to everyone? Let me know if so and I can do that. Saves you from emailing them to everyone since you cant post them.
    07-23-10 12:54 PM
    hey you already sent them to me and i have the zip file of your icons. Do you want me to post them on here for you so you dont have to email them to everyone? Let me know if so and I can do that. Saves you from emailing them to everyone since you cant post them.
    Yeah, that would be great! Post them anywhere you want

07-23-10 03:10 PM
5,330 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD