There is an app for Amdroid phones that allow the phone to broadcast a wifi signal to other devices, like ipod touch or laptop.

How come there hasn't been one developed for blackberry? It would be so useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:49 PM
    Berries can be used to tether your laptop and act like a router in that sense,and this can also be done via BT. Not sure though whether you could tether multiple BT devices through your berry at the same time though. I have not otherwise heard of a berry being able to establish a wireless network... Might be neat is something is available to make it do that...

07-28-09 05:58 PM
    WMWifirouter is what I miss the most from Windows Mobile. Unfortunately there is no equivalent for the BB platform.
    07-28-09 06:02 PM
    Yeah i was thinking it would be neat to broadcast wifi to ipod touch or something.

07-28-09 06:42 PM
    It is convenient as all get out but I imagine one of the main reason their isn't one is lack of phones that can take advantage of it. Most of their phones that have wifi don't have 3G, those that have 3G don't have wifi. Maybe next year when all the new mainstream phones have both there will be more incentive for someone to make an app.
    07-28-09 07:14 PM
    @boomhower1820 i lost it too, im from windows mobile and nokia (symbian) and in both device i was aviable to do what Artemis68 want's. I was searching for something like that in blackberry, so i could use my iPod touch for use safari..... but not luck... seems like software developers look it unuseful...
    07-28-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD