I have a lot of apps on my current bold (and a lot of paid apps at that) and I was wondering how they will transfer to the OS7 devices when using the device swith wizard. All of them are from the BB app world or crackberry and I was wondering how quickly most of the app will be usable on the new devices and the new OS (with trackpad and touch support, etc).

Obviously thiscant be answered definitely yet, but what are all of your thoughts and what apps do you guys want to see transfered?

For me, I just hope apps like Facebook, twitter, google maps, skype, poynt and a few others update as soon as they are recognized in app world.

I hope this all works out, it would be a mistake for RIM if none of the current apps are compatible with the new devices...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 09:12 PM
    It's not up to RIM to ensure the apps are up to date with their next os. That responsibility falls on the developers, which I can assure you they will handle. RIM has released information on os 7 to developers far in advance for this very purpose. As far as facebook and I believe twitter go, these are RIM apps. The device should come pre-loaded with these.
    06-16-11 10:08 PM
    you can use the simulator to see what apps are preloaded.

facebook 1.9 and twitter are preinstalled. i tried to install Google Maps, but couldn't get it to install.
    06-16-11 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD